aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur

Savings

JJ (L1)

Omerta ~Chinmoku no Okite~ not saving?

So I finally installed Omerta thanks to our lovely uploaders in here, but after getting the game to run- it's not saving - either as a quicksave or regular save, nor is it making any data files in the root folder. Any help/advice, or should I just wait for my copy of the game to get here and see if it's any different?

Running Windows 7, and all! ♥

Fuji
    Are you logged into the asministrator account or running it as administrator? I've installed the forum version and it saves just fine.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

JJ (L1)
    Yeah, I am. It shows a box with a 'comment' thing on it, but doesn't seem to save any data despite clicking on it. I'll try an uninstall + reinstall later since I obviously can't get anywhere like this, but I wonder what's up with that. o_o

Editing to add: Does anyone know where the game system details are saved and in what file? The reinstall isn't helping.
    Last edited by Shahnida; 05-01-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Fuji
    Did you enter text into the comment box and hit enter?

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

JJ (L1)
    Yep, tried everything. Still no luck. I'll hold out for my official copy and see if there's a difference, if not, then wow wth Karin+Chatnoir :\

Editing again, to add that despite running it with different compatibility settings + as an admin, it still doesn't work, but I noticed it was maintaining the game settings (text speed etc) when I reinstalled SO it's likely that wasn't a complete clean uninstall. Any advice?
    Last edited by Shahnida; 05-01-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Fuji
    The only other thing I can think of is if you used the patch uploaded to the forum, tne uploader did say that this patch had issues with quicksave and to wait for a future patch. This patch was to allow Omerta to run on non Japanese windows systems (aka your copy of windows 7 wasn't bought in Japan), so having your own copy won't make a difference if you still use this patch.

I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't verify where the data file is, but it should be in the program files folder. Now, when I applied the patch, I stayed away from clicking quick save or quick load, so maybe your use of that set off a bug in the patch. Full uninstall + delete karin program folder + full install + play not touching quicksave and see if just regular save works. Otherwise, hope a better patch comes out for you!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

JJ (L1)
    I'll give it a try, just did a full clean uninstall and I'll try playing without the patch and update! Thanks ♥

EDIT again...; Okay, I'm feeling like I'll need to remove the patch somehow but I'm not sure how to go about it. Anyone know where I can find it? >_>; The game is kind of pointless to play if it can't be saved and from the looks of it, it has the potential to crash, too. That's going to erase everything that's been worked on.

Where are the save files saved and in what format? If someone can offer a normal save file right at the beginning of the game and share that, I can see if the game decides to save after it. If not, well. Looks like I'm without a game even with an official copy. ;
    Last edited by Shahnida; 05-02-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

JJ (L1)
    OKAY update on the not saving- game has managed to successfully save, saves are in the user's documents, in a "My Games" folder. Also, it seems like changing locales helped which I *thought* I'd done, but oh well.

I hate you still, Karin + Chatnoir.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sentarou Kawabuchi (L1)X Standard (Black)Kaoru Nishimi (L1)
    Rei Ryugazaki (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Nagisa Hazuki (L4)
    Jiki (L2)Arata Wataya (L4)Kusakabe (L8)
    I got this problem too now. I recently got windows 7 and it wont save, I even put my old saves in the save place when I had Vista, when it still worked. I can't figure out what you did...

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sentarou Kawabuchi (L1)X Standard (Black)Kaoru Nishimi (L1)
    Rei Ryugazaki (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Nagisa Hazuki (L4)
    Jiki (L2)Arata Wataya (L4)Kusakabe (L8)
    Okay I fixed it seems like I went to the wont localization settings.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast