aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

zMiiChy

Togainu No Chi will not install

I've tried this in every way I can think of, but I cannot get Togainu no Chi to install. Every time I select the "Game Install" option, it sits there and does nothing. I got the game to install on an old PC but it died and it refuses to work on this one. I'm using Windows 10, mounted with Daemon, tried opening with Administrator and changing the disk location, nothing works.

Does anyone know how to get this to Install on Windows 10??

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    It will install on Windows 10, but sometimes some computers have issues running the installer, period. I saw this issue on Windows 7 before as well.

With the ISO mounted, browse the ISO and look for the folder called "product". In that folder, try running the program "Setup.exe". Also try running it as an administrator to see if that helps.

Where did you download the ISO from, and which version of Daemon tools are you using? I remember trying to install TnC on Windows Vista, and Daemon Tools made the installer not work for me, so I had to install another ISO mounting program called Virtual CloneDrive, which let it work.

Edit: To test to see if your ISO isn't defunct, try temporarily extracting the all install files from the ISO (But don't install from there). If you don't encounter any errors extracting all the files, then the ISO is working fine.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.

zMiiChy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    It will install on Windows 10, but sometimes some computers have issues running the installer, period. I saw this issue on Windows 7 before as well.

With the ISO mounted, browse the ISO and look for the folder called "product". In that folder, try running the program "Setup.exe". Also try running it as an administrator to see if that helps.

Where did you download the ISO from, and which version of Daemon tools are you using? I remember trying to install TnC on Windows Vista, and Daemon Tools made the installer not work for me, so I had to install another ISO mounting program called Virtual CloneDrive, which let it work.

Edit: To test to see if your ISO isn't defunct, try temporarily extracting the all install files from the ISO (But don't install from there). If you don't encounter any errors extracting all the files, then the ISO is working fine.
    I downloaded the file from Togainu no Chi - Eroge Download | Eroge Download and extracting it seems to work just fine. There were no errors that came up during that. I'm using Daemon Tools Lite 10.7.

I tried running the setup.exe from the product folder and it does that same thing with or without administrative startup, just has the little blue circle under the cursor for a few seconds then nothing happens. I'll try the Virtual Clone to see if that works.

Edit Update: I tried using VCD and I'm still having the same issue. Clicking "Game Install" in the window does nothing at all after having the blue circle for a few seconds nor does trying to start from the startup.exe do anything.
    Last edited by zMiiChy; 01-11-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Welp, that's where I got TnC as well way back when.

At this point your computer sounds like it's having a program conflict, preventing the game from running the installer. It could be an antivirus program, or another program that starts when you restart the computer. InstallShield is a separate program that runs the installer, and can have issues starting when something conflicts with it.

Hmm, well... Have you heard of "Safe Mode" for Windows?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...c-in-safe-mode

Try restarting your computer into Safe Mode and try running the installer again. (From either Daemon Tools or VCD.)

If the two mounting programs don't work, there's always the choice of temporarily starting your computer with a "Clean Boot". It's a bit more advanced, and takes some work to get your computer back to the way it was before, but both of these methods are meant to try and prevent any program conflicts that might be stopping the installer from working on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

zMiiChy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Welp, that's where I got TnC as well way back when.

At this point your computer sounds like it's having a program conflict, preventing the game from running the installer. It could be an antivirus program, or another program that starts when you restart the computer. InstallShield is a separate program that runs the installer, and can have issues starting when something conflicts with it.

Hmm, well... Have you heard of "Safe Mode" for Windows?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...c-in-safe-mode

Try restarting your computer into Safe Mode and try running the installer again. (From either Daemon Tools or VCD.)

If the two mounting programs don't work, there's always the choice of temporarily starting your computer with a "Clean Boot". It's a bit more advanced, and takes some work to get your computer back to the way it was before, but both of these methods are meant to try and prevent any program conflicts that might be stopping the installer from working on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    Thank you! I followed your suggestions and the Safe Mode did not work at all because neither Daemon nor VCD would work in safe mode but the Clean Boot did work! At least.. it let me install the game without problems. The game is running fine and everything seems to be working except for one function..

I cannot seem to get the game to load. I researched this issue and tried every single suggestion there was on the other threads but nothing worked. Whenever I try to load the game, it freezes. Saving the game only freezes if I try to overwrite an existing save file, so I can circumvent that by just saving over a new one and then deleting saves when I run out of space but there's no way to play if I cannot get the game to load.

I installed in a separate folder from the default C; drive.

I've tried right clicking on the image that pops up when scrolling over the task bar, I've tried the long process of right clicking the task bar, clicking the image, selecting the game, etc, I've tried opening task manager and running a process, I've tried starting in administrator, I've tried running the game normally and then starting it again in administrator, I've tried starting up other programs, and several other "solutions". None of them have worked.

Tldr; No matter what I do, when I try to load the game, it freezes.
    Last edited by zMiiChy; 01-12-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Unfortunately there's no fix for that. Some people can wait forever and it will finally unfreeze after they go do something else for a while and come back to it, while it just doesn't work for others.

I'm afraid I can't help with that. ._.;; The program is technically not frozen, by Windows' standards, but it's frozen internally. It might be a function that doesn't play well with the version of DirectX 9.0c that's on Windows 8/10.

I've somehow managed to avoid that issue, but I honestly can't tell you how I did. I do a lot of programming on my computer, so it might have something to do with some extra programming DLL files. But that's the only thing I can possibly think of that could have any bearing. Sorry.