aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi - latest .exe version

Hello!

So I recently purchased a Windows 10 laptop (an upgrade from my XP) and have been transferring my BL files. DMMD and DMMD reconnect transferred and run just fine. However, I am having issues getting TnC to run. I think I need the noDVD version (based on what I've been reading on this forum). Problem is, the link that is provided no longer works (or at least I can't get it to work...)

I also tried running my TnC game on my XP laptop (which used to work), but now it doesn't. I haven't used this laptop for months, and haven't run any updates recently, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work on my old machine.

Basically, I want to run TnC on my Windows 10 laptop. If anyone has any ideas for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

And I apologize for starting yet another TnC thread regarding this issue!
    Thanks in advance!!!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Do you remember which post had that dead link? o.o If it was one of mine, I apologise. I think I accidentally moved the file a while ago when organizing my Mega account; it might have broken the link.

https://mega.nz/#!5dYwnDwD!D27r8LJP6...LANBXHrHqveYhc

Try that one. Extract the RAR, and overwrite the TnC in your folder.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi Kojichan,
    Thanks for the quick reply!

The 'broken' link was entirely my fault. The link I found in the other thread worked just fine, but I had to click something on my end so the download option would show up. So yeah, my turn to apologize.

When you say overwrite the old .exe, does that mean it's safe to delete the old file? Currently I still have it in my TnC folder, since I wasn't sure if it was essential to running the game. I didn't want to go through all the frustration of getting my game to work again, only to realize I'd deleted something vital! :P

Thanks so much!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yup. ^^ Go ahead and remove the old one. This replaces it. If you're uncomfortable doing that, you can rename the old one to "togainu.exe.old" or "togainu.exe.bak" and then just use the new one.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, I'm new to aarinfantasy and I don't know how to start a new thread. I've seen you on a few other TNC posts so I'll just ask you here!

I have windows 10 and when I try to load my saved data it won't work. Do you know a few ways on how to fix this?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaini View Post
    Hello, I'm new to aarinfantasy and I don't know how to start a new thread. I've seen you on a few other TNC posts so I'll just ask you here!

I have windows 10 and when I try to load my saved data it won't work. Do you know a few ways on how to fix this?
    Hello there, and welcome to Aarinfantasy, Kaini! ^^

Togainu no Chi was a game made for Windows XP; that's a long time ago. Because of that, the game has issues running in Windows 8 and 10.

You said yours wont load your saved data, but is it just freezing? Or is something else going on?

An unfortunate issue with TnC and Windows 10 is sometimes this huge "freezing" problem when you load saves. The game will still play music, but it pretends to be unresponsive. It's still technically working, but something is preventing it from returning to the game.

You can kind of "trick" TnC into letting you continue, by messing around with the game in a few ways:

- Make sure your installation of Togainu no Chi is NOT in the default location! Always install older Visual Novels in a different folder. By default, the game installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ You should install it somewhere else. For example, I have mine installed here: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ Because TnC is an older game, it saves in the same folder it was installed to, and the default folder can sometimes have issues with Windows 8 and 10. (If you are going to reinstall TnC to fix this, copy your SAVE folder to your desktop, first, then after you install the game you can move the SAVE folder back.)

- While the game is running, right-click on the taskbar icon, and select "Close Window", and WAIT. Sometimes the game will pick up on that, and show the "Close game?" window. Just select "No" and go about your game.

- In addition to the suggestion above, right-click the taskbar icon, then right-click over the game icon, and select "Properties" then close the window that pops up by clicking "OK". Sometimes that works, too.

- When the game is closed, open up the folder where Togainu no Chi was installed, and right-click on "togainunochi.exe", and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab, and find "Compatibility mode, Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". ALSO, click on the "Run this program as an administrator" at the very bottom, then hit "Apply" and then "OK". Try now.

- And lastly... Right-click on the taskbar, PERIOD, on a blank space and select "Task Manager". At the bottom of the window, make sure the "(^) Fewer details" option is visible. If it is not, look for the "(v) More details" button. Click on the "Details" tab, and find "togainunochi.exe" Right-click on it, and select "Set priority >" Set it to "Above normal" or "High" (NEVER real time) and try that.

A few things to consider, but I'm sure you've already made sure of these, is to make sure your System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese (Not system language, or date/time), and use the No CD/DVD version of the EXE. ^^ You can tell if you're using it by seeing if the file size of "togainunochi.exe" is 152kb, and NOT 880kb.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 11-20-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Warning about SAVE directory folder.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I was using the Cd file. Is there anyway to change it to a no cd file?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaini View Post
    I was using the Cd file. Is there anyway to change it to a no cd file?
    Absolutely!

https://mega.nz/#!5dYwnDwD!D27r8LJP6...LANBXHrHqveYhc

No CD/DVD exe. ^^ They're both the same program for the game.

No guarantee that it will fix your issue, though. That is a mystery all in itself.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DirectX Problem

Hi. I don't really use this website all that much, but when I go to download the DirectX thing for Togainu no Chi to work, it always says that my computer or the thing is out dated or incompatible or something like that. My computer is a 8.1 type so is there a way to fix this or do I have to keep updating my computer?

And if you have any tips on some better way to download this game that would be helpful, but I just have that issue right now.

Please help, and thank you.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Emala362 View Post
    Hi. I don't really use this website all that much, but when I go to download the DirectX thing for Togainu no Chi to work, it always says that my computer or the thing is out dated or incompatible or something like that. My computer is a 8.1 type so is there a way to fix this or do I have to keep updating my computer?

And if you have any tips on some better way to download this game that would be helpful, but I just have that issue right now.

Please help, and thank you.
    Hello Emala362!

You don't need to download the DirectX thing for Togainu no Chi. ^^ Windows 8.1 is fine as it is, you don't need to update it.

Here's a guide for you, super simple, and broken up into small parts!
    https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t...ml#post4390495

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast