aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question DMMd pc game issue - Help Please

-SOLVED-

So when I open the crack exe it first opens to a Black screen, which then does a transitional fade to a white screen and then back to black. (I'm assuming there should be some kind of video/image here?). After this it does nothing (I have no sound throughout any of this). When I click esc it asks me "Quit the Game?" but there are no options to select. It won't let me close the window either but I can click F to reduce it from full screen so I can do other things.

Any idea where I went wrong? Attached are screenshots of my quit screen and what files I have.

DMMd Blackscreen.jpgDMMd Files.jpg
    Last edited by Myrii; 09-06-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Topic of thread has been resolved

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrii View Post
    So when I open the crack exe it first opens to a Black screen, which then does a transitional fade to a white screen and then back to black. (I'm assuming there should be some kind of video/image here?). After this it does nothing (I have no sound throughout any of this). When I click esc it asks me "Quit the Game?" but there are no options to select. It won't let me close the window either but I can click F to reduce it from full screen so I can do other things.

Any idea where I went wrong? Attached are screenshots of my quit screen and what files I have.

DMMd Blackscreen.jpgDMMd Files.jpg
    Hello Myrii! ^__^ Welcome to Aarinfantasy!

And, actually, what's going on is because you haven't installed the game yet, and are just trying to run the crack.

You'll first need to mount the "DMMd.iso" (Using either Virtual CloneDrive, or Daemon Tools Lite), run the installer from the ISO, then you move the Crack EXE, and the English patch into their proper folders where you installed the game.

Basically, once the game is installed, open up the folder where DMMd was installed, and put the Crack there, the cg-patch.npa, cg2-patch.npa, and nss-patch.npa files go there with it. Then move all the NGS files to the DX Folder.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ok I guess I'm having issues mounting the iso (I obviously have no clue what I'm doing lol). so I downloaded Virtual CloneDrive and now the iso file has the same icon as the Virtual CloneDrive. When I click on it the attached screenshot is what I get. If I try right clicking it it closes the whole folder...

error.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Myrii; 09-04-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: wrong screenshot

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ah, it appears your ISO has changed since the last time you showed me an image. The previous one was 3GB, this one you're trying to work with is 0kb!! Did you delete it before?

When you extract the ISO from the RAR files, use 7-ZIP to extract it, and only from "Dramaticalmurder.part01.rar". Keep the other PART files, though. The game had to be split up because it's easier to transfer. ^^ Once you extracted the ISO properly, then you can double-click on it to mount it.

Once it's mounted, you'll have a "pretend" CD/DVD in your computer, so you can run it like you would installing a game from a disc proper.

Before you can install the game properly, you also need to make sure your computer's System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese. It won't change your computer's language, but just give it the ability to show Japanese characters properly in Japanese games (And let some Japanese games run that wouldn't normally on an English or other language computer).

Here's instructions for how to do it:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

It's been a few years since I've seen the installation wizard for installing DMMd myself, but when the installer comes up, look for the button that looks like this: お次 (N) >
    Don't just blindly mash that button, though! There's one part where you'll see some text in a box that says: C:\Program Files (x86)\NITROplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ ... and a button to the right that should have a (B) in it. You'll want to click that button so we can change where DMMd will be installed.

Create a folder on Drive C: called "Games", then you can select that folder for the installation program. (It should be C:\Games\ when you're done. I'm pretty sure the installer will add "DRAMAtical Murder" on it's own, but if it doesn't, you can go back through this wizard to reinstall the game somewhere else.)

Once the game's installed, then you can drag and drop the Update patch (Which is in the DMMdUpdate1[1].10.rar file, I believe.) into the new folder where DMMd was installed, (Which should be C:\Games\NITROplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ or something similar) and put the CRACKed EXE there as well.

Once that patch is done, you can then FINALLY install the English patch! ^_^

The three files, cg-patch.npa, cg2-patch.npa, and nss-patch.npa go into the same folder as the main game and cracked EXE. And the videos go into the folder named DX.

Hope that helps? o.o;;;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you! So I kind of realized that after the fact but was then getting a different error; then I tried deleting it and downloading from another source without any luck. I then found out my rar extractor wasn't extracting the files properly, corrupting them/missing pieces. I started from scratch, downloaded it from a torrent aarinfantasy posted on another thread and used the 7-zip you recommended and it's working now! <3 Thank you sooooo much!

umm last question do you know how to get the screen centered?

Screenshot.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

The game runs in at 1024x576 (which is a very odd number), at a 16:9 screen aspect ratio, using DirectX 9.0c.

Are you playing in full-screen or windowed mode? If you're having strange issues in full-screen, try updating your graphics card drivers. I've never seen this problem before, so I don't believe it to be DMMd's fault, per se. (Then again, I've seen a lot of weird crap before).

Normally the game should stretch itself to fit your viewing resolution (IE, if you're running at 1920x1080, it'll take over the entire screen to do that), so this is a little weird.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I checked the config settings in the game it was set to automatic aspect ratio, I just switched it to Fixed - Bilinear and it looks alright now.

Thank you so much for all of your help! ありがとうございます。

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

どういたしまして! ^_^