aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Mookyul (L10)(S015) EwonYuki Eiri (L10)
    Satoru Kutsuna (L8)Ryou Kashiba (L8)(S008) Shuichi
    (S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S044) Shirotani Tadaomi(S055) Doumeki

Visual Novel Reader - No Subtitles/ Won't Update

Hi I'm usually pretty good with VNR, but I haven't used it since roughly last November. After launching it up recently to play Pigeon Blood, I cannot get the community subtitles to appear. I've uploaded some translations into PB myself, so I know that they should be appearing. When I open the PB Subtitles through the Springboard, all 2200 are visible:

But once I actually launch the game, they will not appear in the text box, and updating only gets me "Subtitles Not found" and the update box says "empty":

Once I close the game and go back to the springboard, there are no subtitles "Empty":

This is happening for all of the games that I use VNR with. I'm at a complete loss as to why.

Also, I can't get Bing to work as a machine translation? It sometimes offers better grammar, so if anyone has gotten it to work, please let me know

The Sakuradite Site seems to be down, so I can't update or re-install VNR, as far as I know? My internet connection is fine, I've restart VNR and my laptop. Nothing ._.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S060) Kousuke OoshibaHowl (L3)Spain (L3)
    Yuki Eiri (L9)Ginti (L3)Allen Walker (L3)
    Aoba (L2)(S056) YashiroYuri Katsuki (young) (L1)
    Same here,seems like the only thing we can do its wait until Sakuradite back online.I use Chiitrans lite meanwhile,works well.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

yeah I have same issue aswell. Glad i'm not the only one

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Is there a way to save subtitles locally, without using Sakuradite? Like, if someone made a translation on a Tumblr, so you add them locally, without uploading them to Sakuradite?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Yoshinaga Koushi (L6)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)Guys (L3)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L6)Johan Liebert (L3)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Shouichirou Toudou (L3)Dr. Kenzo Tenma (L1)
    Oh shit. Looks like VNR is down. I'm REALLY hoping that it isn't a case of whoever was making it just leaving things die off, because that's where the user translations all were... but it's not looking good.

It still works in limited capacity with translating stuff, but we're totally not getting the user translations added in any more.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Looks like domain is paid until 2018 so thats not the problem,i hope they can upload soon,last time took three weeks until they fix the problem u_u

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Actually, I think the Sakuradite server is just really lame. When I first went to go download VNR a month or so ago it was also down. It might just be overloaded, or used up all their Bandwidth... or under heavy fire?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Good news,i copy here:

"A little update on that server thingy: it's almost done. All net related VNR features restored, possibility of a few bugs popping up notwithstanding. All that's left is to make web interface for creating user accounts, on which note people using VNR to do translations (i.e. with user subtitle submit feature) should keep in mind a few things:1) VNR stores all the subtitles you wrote (or downloaded) in VNRfolder/Cache/Subtitles/xml/. Please don't lose its contents.
    2) As there's currently no access to sakuradite database, in order to associate subtitles you wrote with your fresh user account you'll have to use the same username you used before.
    3) After registering new account you'll be able to upload cached xml file with subtitles on server. Only subtitles corresponding with your username will be recorded into database.
    We just thought it warrants an advance warning.
    Oh, yeah, server start currently planned on 11th. "

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It would be good if this date is May 11th. Source?

Aaaaaand, if servers don't go back up, what you can do to retrive those subtitles is look for someone who already played the game, and ask them to send you the file with the subtitles for this game that are stored in their folder VNRfolder/Cache/Subtitles/xml/. If you do this method, play while offline and VNR will recognize the subs and you're good to go!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

That seems so unreliable. o_o It's unfortunate, just like non-physical copies of games (especially on PSN, or Nintend eShop)... If the original site goes down, you lose access to everything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast