aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Steal! + RealLive crack + 64-bit Windows problem = :((

Hi!

First off, I really hope I'm posting this in the right place. *is new*

Second, I got Steal! from this post. Everything went fine with the installation, until at the last second I got this message - "The program or feature "[...]STEAL\REALLIVE.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows."

After looking around the forum a bit, it seems like this is the kind of problem that can't actually be solved because it's due to Windows being evil, but just in case - help, pretty please? Also, is it just the crack that causes this problem? Would it be possible to get a different version of the crack and have it work?

Oh yes - maybe I should mention that I'm using Windows 7. Oops.
    Last edited by oneiric13; 01-30-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Spacer 1Ike (L1)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Guts (L1)Layton (L5)Luke (L5)
    Hello!

I have installed Steal! with no problems. I also have x64-bit Windows 7 with the crack installed.

Did you change the computer's system locale language to Japanese? You can do that by going to Control Panel >> Clock, Language, Region >> Region and Language >> Administrative Tab >> Change system locale. Make sure to reboot then try installing the game again. Here is an image to help you: link

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, I set the system locale for non-Unicode languages to Japanese, so I don't think it's that. Um, how did you install the game after changing the system locale? I think I might have messed up there somewhere.

See, the first time I tried installing the game, I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount the ISO file, except I ran into the "This game is only for Japan" problem, and Daemon Tools wouldn't let me replace RealLive with the cracked file on the virtual drive. So after copying the files to a different folder, I replaced the RealLive file in Setupdata -> Gamedata with the RealLive_Cracked file, after renaming the cracked file to RealLive, and then tried re-installing. But this made the 64-bit error message appear.

Probably I should've done something else entirely?

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Spacer 1Ike (L1)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Well, after mounting, I let DAEMON autorun the game, then I go through the setup process. Then after it is installed onto my hard drive, I replace the REALLIVE file that is on my computer with the crack. However, the way you installed Steal! should work out too, since I tried that method with other games and encountered no problems...

Maybe play the game with different compatibility settings? You can right-click the REALLIVE crack file and go to its Properties, then Compatibility. There's an option to run the program in compatibility mode with other Windows systems. I suggest trying them out, particularly Windows XP.

Hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by Singe147; 01-31-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The XP compatibility settings made it work!! Thank you so much, you totally saved me here.

Um, but, this question should be my last, I swear - did you by any chance use AGTH when playing Steal? Because I'm using version 2008.11.20 of it, and it's worked fine before, but for Steal, it just says "Error: can't install hook". (I'm trying to attack the hook to a shortcut of the RealLive.exe program. The program itself opens properly after AGTH fails.

Does the universe just really not want me to play this game, I wonder.

Anyway, even if you have no genie-like solution to the latest problem, thanks again for helping me with the first thing! It was really frustrating and I would've been stuck forever, as I had no clue you could change compatibility settings.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Spacer 1Ike (L1)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    I'm glad it worked out!

Spray games usually have this kind of problem. I use this site to find the game with AGTH problems and follow their instructions.

BL Game AGTH Compatibility List

Make sure you add any additional codes to the /c parameter: so that it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\agth\agth.exe" /c whatever codes you need to add "C:\SPRAY\STEAL\REALLIVE.EXE"

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You are clearly a person of overwhelming awesomeness. Thanks so much for that link, as well as everything else!! The game's working beautifully now.

(Ah - in case any other helpless newbies with the same problems stumble across this thread in the future - when messing about with the compatibility options, it'd probably be a good idea to also select "Run this program as an administrator". Otherwise, AGTH might just kind of...ignore you, at first.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ciel (L9)Lelouch (L9)Sebastian (L8)
    Kaname (L9)Ulquiorra (L8)Yamamoto (L1)
    Shizuo (L2)
    Ahh i sorry! i've got a question but im not sure if its fine to ask here ><
    mm i downloaded Steal as well but erm.... i don't know how to use the crack D:
    and... i can't read japanese XDDD so it's really confusing for me after i mount the file and i see Japanese

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

Mina.. while your question is related to the same game, the question is still much different.

Please start a new thread with a title that is better related to your problem. Thank you.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ciel (L9)Lelouch (L9)Sebastian (L8)
    Kaname (L9)Ulquiorra (L8)Yamamoto (L1)
    Shizuo (L2)
    oh!
    okay! sorry! ><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast