aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S057) Yoon BumKomaeda Nagito (L3)Takano (L3)
    Dio Brando (L1)Nui Harime (L1)Wakasa (L1)
    Seishin (L2)Twelve (L1)Youji (L1)

Exclamation HELP! BLACK SCREEN~Pigeon Blood~AYAKUUUUUUU!!!

Hello Dears!
    It is my first time here, so I hope I'll not be too annoying! ^^'

So...

My problem is with the VN Game 'Pigeon Blood'; When I run the 'Startup' everything seems to work, but I only see a black screen. I hear the music and the sounds, I opened the 'ISO' File with 'DAEMON Tools Lite', and I had downloaded the Game via this website. (I think I don't forget anything?) Ah but, I had never be able to start the download of the 'Patch' for the Update 101. (Don't think it's the problem? But how could I know, I'm bad in English, Japanese, computers, games.......X'D) Oh, and I also tried to play with 'VNReader'! ^^~

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I wanted(and only had time) to play today, all day long!
    I failed Haha

I burn for this Game XD

Tankyuu
    Last edited by GBlue; 12-16-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello there GBlue! ^^ Welcome to Aarinfantasy!

Lessie, for Pigeon Blood... Blank/black screens can be any number of issues, so let's start with the basics!

#1, Is your computer's System Unicode Locale set to Japanese? (Not the actual language of your computer. This just allows Japanese games to run properly) http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

#2, Did you actually install the game from the ISO? Through the install program? Or did you just move the files from the ISO?

#3, If you actually installed the game properly, where did you install it?

#4, You will need the Update 101 patch, it has some fixed text and script updates. This update patch won't work if you didn't install the game properly and just moved the files.

And lastly... Are you playing in fullscreen or is it a window?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello there GBlue! ^^ Welcome to Aarinfantasy!

Lessie, for Pigeon Blood... Blank/black screens can be any number of issues, so let's start with the basics!

#1, Is your computer's System Unicode Locale set to Japanese? (Not the actual language of your computer. This just allows Japanese games to run properly) http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

#2, Did you actually install the game from the ISO? Through the install program? Or did you just move the files from the ISO?

#3, If you actually installed the game properly, where did you install it?

#4, You will need the Update 101 patch, it has some fixed text and script updates. This update patch won't work if you didn't install the game properly and just moved the files.

And lastly... Are you playing in fullscreen or is it a window?

OHAYOOOOOOOO! Thanks for your fast reply!! ^-^//

So...

#1, Yes!

#2, If I'm not mistaken, I should have installed the Game correctly =)

#3, I installed it on a created folder on my D: Disc, and tried to play it there AND in the new Disc F: (or G:, H:, I:/ I think it's just because I tried multiple times ^^')

#4, Okay...so I should have made some mistakes, because even if I'm able to open the Update101, the download never start =/

Oh and I tried full screen, because I couldn't choose anything else since my screen was all black x')

Thanks again!!~<3
    Last edited by GBlue; 12-16-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmmm! So strange! (And, sorry about the late reply on this one, was busy over the weekend... ^^;;; )

Okay then, my Pidgeon Blood is installed here:

C:\Games\PigeonBlood\

So, could you take a screenshot of a folder for me? It's actually the DATA folder.

For example, C:\Games\PigeonBlood\Data\ (Or whichever drive you installed PB onto. I have a buttload of drives, too. XD F: is my "Fun" drive, for games, anime, and music.)

Try to get all the files, along with their sizes if possible.

And lastly... When using the Update101, you said "Download?" The file is called: PigeonBloodUpdate101, and when it starts a text box will come up with a single button that says: 閉じる

After clicking that, another window should pop up with two more buttons (Yes and No).

Does it do anything like that? What happens when you click "Yes"? Could you take a screenshot of the program if there are any weird messages?

Thanks! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

PJ.jpg Sorry for being so late! =O

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm! o.o Well, it looks like the patch installed fine, but there are some extra files in that folder there... There should ONLY be a "Data" and "Help" folder (and "Save" if you've booted the game at least once). Besides that, there should only TWO files in the main directory, "Bootup" and the "PigeonBlood" program with the pink butterfly icon.

Like this:
    pigeonblood.jpg

Looks like you just moved the files off of the ISO. That's not going to work. ^^;;

It also looks like you used the ISO Installer, on top of that. Let's start first by uninstalling the game, then removing the files from that folder. We're going to start fresh!

So make sure the ISO and the Patch are someplace safe... Once that's done, use ONLY the Installer, and install the game back to C:\Pigeon Blood\

Then, use JUST the Patch.

Try running the game afterwards! o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm! o.o Well, it looks like the patch installed fine, but there are some extra files in that folder there... There should ONLY be a "Data" and "Help" folder (and "Save" if you've booted the game at least once). Besides that, there should only TWO files in the main directory, "Bootup" and the "PigeonBlood" program with the pink butterfly icon.

Like this:
    pigeonblood.jpg

Looks like you just moved the files off of the ISO. That's not going to work. ^^;;

It also looks like you used the ISO Installer, on top of that. Let's start first by uninstalling the game, then removing the files from that folder. We're going to start fresh!

So make sure the ISO and the Patch are someplace safe... Once that's done, use ONLY the Installer, and install the game back to C:\Pigeon Blood\

Then, use JUST the Patch.

Try running the game afterwards! o.o

Hello Deeeeeear! ^-^

First of all; Thank you for always answering so patiently to me! Also....
    I'm profoundly sorry for sending my messages so late each time

Now.................. I changed my Windows for the latest Win10
    (and now my PC can't even acces Internet, I'm so angry that I need this game more than ever But thats another story ><! Oh but because of that, and I'm truly sincerly sorry, I could not send PrtSc to you....because I'm on another PC, and a reeeeeeally slow at that...so, I'll try my best to describe what are the errors windows on my screen! Thanks you very much =))

Okidooooo..!!
    First thing first: forget all the problem before, it's not accurate anymore
    ^^'

What I did:
    I install the game normally, but couldn't install the patch(forgot the error message).
    So I try starting the game....and it worked! All worked, except it wasn't in English, AND weirdly I couln't see any backgrounds, just the text windows and the characters
    (but it would have been enought if the English was there ><!! But noooooooo.. Come baaaaaaack!!!!!)....so I desinstall it all to retry again.

And here I am.
    Not even able to get the 'Startup' to work!?!!
    And strangely, even if my system location is in Japanese, I just have
    symbols and '????????' windows/options....
    Plus like I said, I can't send you any PrtSc... So if its help I'll write in order what windows TITLES I have, with their choices:

1-After clicked the Left option on the main
    'Startup' windows(the one with the protagonist face) and agreed with the terms, the following little windows(each time they are smaller than the previous one?) pop-up, keeping the downloading windows from working:

'' PigeonBlood ƒXƒ^[ƒgƒvƒƒOƒ‰ƒ€ ''
    and the message start/end: '' wPigeonBlood ƒQ[ƒ€ ... / ... Ä,-,¾,³,¢B ''
    Choices are:''
    OK / ????? ''

When I click ''
    OK'' the same windows open infinitly.
    and when I click ''
    ?????'':

2- ''
    ƒCƒ''ƒXƒg[ƒ<'†'fŠm''F ''
    The message start with a ''
    !'' in a blue circle, and continue like this+/end of message:
    ''
    ,±,±,Â|—¹,-,é,ÆAƒCƒ''ƒXƒg[ƒ<, ... / ... Ä|—¹,µ,Ü,-,ª,æ,ë,µ,¢,Ã,-,©H ''
    with the following choices: ''
    OK / Cancel ''

Clicking ''
    Cancel'' make the previous windows come back.
    and for
    ''
    OK'':

3-A new smaller windows(and another color): '' ƒCƒ''ƒXƒg[ƒ<ƒGƒ‰[ ''
    x'' in a red circle and continue like this+/end of message:
    ''
    ƒCƒ''ƒXƒg[ƒ<,ÉŽ,''s, ... / ... @ƒCƒ<,õíœ,µ,Ü,-B ''
    with just one choice ''
    OK''.

When clicking it:

4-
    The last and smallest windows appear: '' |—¹Šm''F ''
    i'' in a blue circle, and continue like this(complete message): '' íœ|—¹,µ,Ü,µ,½B '' with just a ''OK'' choice whose clicking result is to close everything.

I know this is very vague...but I really hope that will help you to help me!!
    I humbly beg you

And Again thanks you soooooooo much!!!
    ^-^//

Have a nice day =)

Gabe
    Last edited by GBlue; 08-17-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Welcome back, and congratulations on the new computer?? ^^;;

Anywho... You should not be seing those garbled characters if the System Unicode Locale has been properly turned on.
    Make sure it's done through here, and set to Japanese:
    system_unicode_locale.jpg

You also need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

That should let Pigeon Blood install properly from the ISO. DON'T install it otherwise. There will be issues if the game isn't installed properly.

Either way, I applaud your patience and ability to type out all those garbled characters. o_O They're most likely the default installation stuffs... It's been a year since I reinstalled Pigeon Blood, so I don't remember the exact text that goes there.

Lastly, there is no English version for the game. It's still 100% in Japanese. The closest you can find is getting familiar with a program called VNR, which connects to the internet to use automatic translation tools to try and "translate" the game, but it's as effective as using Google Translate. It's hit and miss in it's ability to accurately translate. ...But, that's a whole other can of worms.

For now, we'll focus on making sure your computer can run the Japanese version, first.