aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lamento: Save issues unresolved in previous threads

Hello! So I have searched many previous threads about save issues in Lamento and so far, have been unable to find another person with my issue.

I am having trouble with the save function. I will play the game and then hit the S key to save, and while in the process of saving, the menu freezes. It is extremely annoying because the first time this happened, I hadn't saved in awhile and resorted to replaying a good portion of the first part of the game. I'm playing on Windows 7. Also, the skip function doesn't work, but I figured that, like Dmmd, the game won't let you skip until after your first playthrough. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if this question has been asked before.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by AnimetedLove07 View Post
    Hello! So I have searched many previous threads about save issues in Lamento and so far, have been unable to find another person with my issue.

I am having trouble with the save function. I will play the game and then hit the S key to save, and while in the process of saving, the menu freezes. It is extremely annoying because the first time this happened, I hadn't saved in awhile and resorted to replaying a good portion of the first part of the game. I'm playing on Windows 7. Also, the skip function doesn't work, but I figured that, like Dmmd, the game won't let you skip until after your first playthrough. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if this question has been asked before.
    [My System is Windows 10 x64, Lamento ver 1.03 English Patched, Running as Administrator and Compatibility mode: Windows XP SP3]

If you are saving on a choice, Don't use the shortcut, save it manually through the right-click option. I experience that hang as well when I use the "S" key during choices, though it unfreezes in a minute or so, but there is no freeze in between dialogue.

Try to apply "Administrator" and "Compatibility Mode" as well.

Also, you can't skip on 1st playthrough possibly because "Skip Unread Text" under Configuration is unchecked. So yeah, it won't really skip as every text in 1st playthrough is Unread.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 09-01-2016 at 06:28 AM. Reason: double posted.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello AnimetedLove07!

In addition to monokuroe's suggestion, may I ask where have you installed Lamento (what folder)? Also, is your computer's System Unicode Locale set to Japanese?

To further help, would you be able to post a screenshot of the installation of your Lamento? ^^ It should look something like mine...

lamento_install.jpg

Please ignore the BAK file, as that is purely a backup of the main program I made.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you both soooo much! It is working now that I ran the game in compatibility mode. Kojichan, my file looks like yours and my computer had already been switched to Japanese. Using the compatibility mode and running it as an administrator seems to have solved the problem! Again, thank you both so much for responding!! Now I'm off to enjoy more catboys<3
    Last edited by AnimetedLove07; 09-04-2016 at 04:00 AM.