aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Spellcaster

Lamento // Saving & Loading Issues?

Heya there!

I don't know if it's appropriate to post about new thread regarding this problem since there already a thread about Lamento, but since it's not an installation problem I suppose its alright to post this here...(and if it isn't please merge this thread to an appropriate one, thank you!) So, here goes:

I've been playing this game for a while (about 12 hours or so?) but the thing is I have trouble whenever I try to load the save files because the game keeps freezing for some reason and I've been waiting the game to load for 15 minutes too (and still nothing, only a blank screen)...the thing is I have no trouble whatsoever when I save the game, it progresses smoothly and I was able to save.

Also, there's a time when the game crashes when I reach a certain point (I think it was during the winter festival in Ransen, I was able to get Razel's bad end before that though). I haven't tried to play the game again since that crash, so I don't know if I'll encounter the same problem next time.

I run the game on windows 7 and I already set the system locale to Japan far before I installed the game, so I don't think that's the problem. I haven't tried to install the patches though...will it help solve my problem if I run the patches?

Any clue/help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance~

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Don't use the patches! The patches were just script changes, and are irrelevant in the English version. You'll end up breaking the English game.

Anywho... The crash after the Winter Festival is actually mentioned in their help file for the game, under a known issue. It happens when the game has been played for too long, and the resources for it are under stress. Saving often and closing/opening/loading the game usually fixes this.

But, let's see if we can get the saves working for you!

Now, Lamento is an older game, so it keeps it's save files in the same folder the game was installed to. Which folder did you install to? If you used the "default" location, it's typically in C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD\, and might actually be the problem for your save woes.

Windows Vista and up (7, 8, 10 etc) have a form of malware/virus/spyware protection that prevents programs from writing OR READING to specific protected folders. (Such as the Program Files folder, Windows folder, etc).

Sometimes you can get around this by running the game as an Administrator, but sometimes that's not enough. The best way to work with older games, is to install them in a different folder. I've made a folder at C:\Games\ where I install all my games (Togainu no Chi, Lamento, Silver Chaos, Kuro no Tsuki, etc) so that I can easily patch them, and let them save.

It may be a bit of a hassle, but if you have Lamento in the default install location, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to a new place. Before you uninstall, however, feel free to cut your save files to your desktop and put them back in place once you're done.

Spellcaster
    I'll try to do that later, Thanks a bunch! I hope I can get the whole thing works...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have also encountered the same problem - the game saves my progress, but I can't load it, even after I tried starting the game again, going to the load screen and clicking on a saved point, it just took me back to the point from where I went into the load screen.

I have tried installing it in a different folder, but that hasn't helped. I am using the finished English patch, and I'm running the game on Windows 7.

I've heard that Lamento is too old to run on Windows 7, but I have TnC and it works just fine, so could it be the patches that are crashing my game?

I just really want to play the game without having to restart every time I close it

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Amphitrite View Post
    I have also encountered the same problem - the game saves my progress, but I can't load it, even after I tried starting the game again, going to the load screen and clicking on a saved point, it just took me back to the point from where I went into the load screen.

I have tried installing it in a different folder, but that hasn't helped. I am using the finished English patch, and I'm running the game on Windows 7.

I've heard that Lamento is too old to run on Windows 7, but I have TnC and it works just fine, so could it be the patches that are crashing my game?

I just really want to play the game without having to restart every time I close it
    Lamento isn't too old for Windows 7. XD I got it working perfectly fine on mine.

TnC is old. But it also runs on Windows 7, yeah. Just like you.

Lamento is just very prickly, from what I've encountered... Like a fickle little...kitty. XD

Anywho... Care to take a screenshot of your Lamento install folder?

Yaoi Amateur
    In...Finland. Far away..In the land of snow..
    Savings

Silly question; can anyone point me to the folder Lamento saves into? In win10. I recently got a new pc, and altho I copied the Lamento files (folder and all), it still lost the save files.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm... I'm not entirely sure in Windows 10, but it's in one of two places:

1) The same folder Lamento installs to (By default it's C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD\save

2) Your user Application Data folder: Click START icon, type in %APPDATA% Exactly like that, and hit enter. A window will popup, now look for "NitroplusCHiRAL" and see if it's in there.

I've heard some people saying that they've found Lamento saves in #2, but normally older games save in the same folder they were installed to. (Togainu no Chi as well, for example).

Hope that helps!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, is it alright if I post here? aha. I got the game installed and running with no problems but for the life of me I can't get it to save. It prompts me to save in the menu but when click yes, the information overwrites with "Invalid" and doesn't actually have a file on there. I checked my Lamento folder, and it doesn't look like it's creating a save folder. Does that need to be manually done?

Usually I'm able to troubleshoot games on my own but I've never had one give me as many problems as Lamento has. (Screenshot of my installed, it's in C:\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD)
    Screenshot 2015-08-26 23.47.06.png

Spellcaster
    I just got the time to play again today! so I think I'll give my report about my issues in much detail.

I've been reinstalling the game and placed it in a different location (in my D:\ drive to be precise), and so far the game worked smoothly, and my game no longer got random crashes like before because I did save a lot just like @Kojichan suggested. Thanks to that, I was able to play until Asato's good end.

But the same problem still occurs though...I still can't load my save files for some reason (still the same blank screen and freeze just like before). Is there something else that I can do to fix this?

Oh yeah, on a side note--the CG library and the recollection seems fine since they can load the images and scenes properly.
    Last edited by Spellcaster; 08-27-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Siyon View Post
    Hello, is it alright if I post here? aha. I got the game installed and running with no problems but for the life of me I can't get it to save. It prompts me to save in the menu but when click yes, the information overwrites with "Invalid" and doesn't actually have a file on there. I checked my Lamento folder, and it doesn't look like it's creating a save folder. Does that need to be manually done?

Usually I'm able to troubleshoot games on my own but I've never had one give me as many problems as Lamento has. (Screenshot of my installed, it's in C:\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD)
    Screenshot 2015-08-26 23.47.06.png
    Heya Siyon! Actually, I think I recall someone having the same issue, and manually making the save folder worked for them. Do give that a shot! o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Spellcaster View Post
    I just got the time to play again today! so I think I'll give my report about my issues in much detail.

I've been reinstalling the game and placed it in a different location (in my D:\ drive to be precise), and so far the game worked smoothly, and my game no longer got random crashes like before because I did save a lot just like @Kojichan suggested. Thanks to that, I was able to play until Asato's good end.

But the same problem still occurs though...I still can't load my save files for some reason (still the same blank screen and freeze just like before). Is there something else that I can do to fix this?

Oh yeah, on a side note--the CG library and the recollection seems fine since they can load the images and scenes and properly.
    Hmm, I'm really curious about that, too... Were these saves made before the full English patch was applied or after? Could you tell me what Lamento version you're playing with, and what, if any, LmtDVDVer Patches have been applied?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast