aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)

Angel's Feather saving...?

Quick notes:
    DVD Version of Angel's Feather
    Tried with and without the NoDVD EXE
    Windows 7 Home Pro
    Game installed to C:\Games\BlueImpact\Angel's Feather\
    Tried running as administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling, even system compatibility back to Windows XP 2 stuff.

---

Okay, so I started messing with Angel's Feather, and while I can get the game to install properly, and the game runs (I had my computer muted so I'm guessing audio worked, lol), except that I can't save the game.

Or more like... The game writes a blank save file, all empty, so it cannot load.

I found out the hard way that the game requires the existing "Save" files from the CD/DVD to be in the same folder as the game install (I accidentally deleted it once, couldn't figure out why it was failing saving), but the game opens up the save slot I want, then writes a bunch of blank lines.

I vaguely recall something like this happening to me in Windows 10, but I think that was because I installed it to the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\" folder instead. I'll double check my installation on my laptop...

But, anyone else have this issue?

After you save the game, you can't load the save file you created? Whether by going back to the title screen or using the "Load" function? You get a "ゲームデータのロードに失敗しました。" (Failed to load Game Data)?

Or even saving, then closing the game and opening it back up, the save files have mysteriously vanished?

As far as I can tell, the game physically opens the save file properly, and writes a bunch of 00's... But it's like it can't write any real game data or something...
    Last edited by Kojichan; 04-12-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Sorry to bump / double post in my own topic, but I figured I'd post that I figured out my problem...

Apparently the original Angel's Feather game doesn't actually "let" you save in the beginning of the game during the prologue.

I was trying to save on, like, the third or fourth line of dialogue and the game was writing blank files. XP

After installing Kohaku no Hitomi and testing that that game worked, I decided to blast through the intro to the original AF to get to the first Chapter, just to see if it would work. And surprise! It did.

I've been avoiding getting too far to avoid spoilers; haven't played it yet. w00t.