aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[Lamento] Trouble with Starting Installation

Hi!! c:
    Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section- if not, please let me know.
    I've been trying to get Lamento to install for like 50 years (so, an hour and a half), but with no luck. I'm not the most tech savvy guy around, so please forgive me if the solution is obvious, or if I'm doing something glaringly wrong!!

I'm running Windows 8.1. 32-bit operating system, x64bit based processor. I have my system locale set to Japanese. I have DirectX 10 installed. If there's any other info needed, please let me know!!

I downloaded the game from here, in 10 parts. I've been following this installation guide, and I thought all was going well... until I tried to actually install the game.
    I mounted the LAMENTO_DVD iso with Daemon Tools, and had no trouble mounting it. However, when I try and run the installer an error message pops up saying "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I've tried running it by double clicking the iso in Daemon Tools, and also directly from the BD-ROM drive. I've also tried running it as an administrator. All of this resulted in the same error message.

I've searched through the forum, but from what I can see, no one else is having the same problem, unfortunately. Apologies if there was a post with a solution that I missed.
    I'm really stumped as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by GiantSquid View Post
    Hi!! c:
    Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section- if not, please let me know.
    I've been trying to get Lamento to install for like 50 years (so, an hour and a half), but with no luck. I'm not the most tech savvy guy around, so please forgive me if the solution is obvious, or if I'm doing something glaringly wrong!!

I'm running Windows 8.1. 32-bit operating system, x64bit based processor. I have my system locale set to Japanese. I have DirectX 10 installed. If there's any other info needed, please let me know!!

I downloaded the game from here, in 10 parts. I've been following this installation guide, and I thought all was going well... until I tried to actually install the game.
    I mounted the LAMENTO_DVD iso with Daemon Tools, and had no trouble mounting it. However, when I try and run the installer an error message pops up saying "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I've tried running it by double clicking the iso in Daemon Tools, and also directly from the BD-ROM drive. I've also tried running it as an administrator. All of this resulted in the same error message.

I've searched through the forum, but from what I can see, no one else is having the same problem, unfortunately. Apologies if there was a post with a solution that I missed.
    I'm really stumped as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    uuuh a 32-bit OS in a 64-bit machine??? are you sure about this??? kinda weird tho.

Anyway, can you please screenshot the errors if problem still persist. It may help in diagnosing the problem.

Try running under compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer application, select Compatibility and run it as Windows XP Service Pack 3. If it still does not work... *shrug*.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello GiantSquid!

I second monokuroe's question about your 32-bit operating system on a 64-bit processor.

Does your Desktop have your "Computer" icon? If so, right-click on it, and select "Properties". Would you mind taking a screenshot of that, and posting it here? ^^ It has useful information for us!

And... I've heard some problems arise with the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite... Some other people get this same error message with DMMd when trying to install it.

Have you perhaps tried Virtual CloneDrive?

https://www.redfox.bz/en/download.html Scroll down to "Freeware" and download that. Once it's installed, mounting is as simple as double-clicking on the ISO you want to mount.

Try using that to mount the Lamento ISO, and install it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

here's the screenshot!! The manufacturer is blanked because it's got the name of my university in it, so.
    asdfghjkl.png
    and here's a screenshot of the error that pops up:
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqwew2wqw4fq3wf.jpg
    I just tried using Virtual CloneDrive, but got the same error.
    Then, when trying to run in compatibility mode, I got the same error again ;m;
    I also got the error in the thumbnail (I... don't know why it's decided to be a thumbnail and not just an image in the post, but...) the first time I tried running it in compatibility mode, but I tried again and didn't get it, so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GiantSquid; 04-06-2016 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Clarity

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    The last error is just saying that it can't save the "compatibility mode" settings to the exe, because it's a DVD(ISO). That's fine and normal. If you hit "Apply" and try to save the compatibility mode stuff it usually saves some info about the program. No worries!

And yeah, 32-bit OS on a 64 bit system. Saw that before on a different computer earlier today, actually...

Hmm, well I've inspected both the "Install" and "Setup" programs, and they're both 32-bit programs so they should be working.

When I last saw someone who encountered a similar problem, there was one of two things that happened... First, the ISO ended up being corrupt (for whatever reason. I mean, there ARE 10 parts, any number of things could go wrong).

And the second was... Windows 8 was the issue. When the user upgraded to Windows 10, it worked, however.

So, we'll ignore the second one for now. I'm curious if your ISO is corrupt or not. One way to do it, is to actually open the ISO with WinRar or 7-Zip.

Open up your flavour of Archiving program (Either WinRar or 7-Zip), and then DRAG the ISO onto the window. Once there, try temporarily extracting ALL of the files to a temporary file on your computer.

Let us know if that works or not. ^^