aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Post DRAMAtical Murder Re:Connect English Patch not working

I have done everything the forums here have said so far. I have set my computer to the Japanese locale (it's stayed that way from the start) and I have both patch files in the root and the video files in the dx folder. I even have all the video files and the video folder in it (I went crazy halfway through and just dumped them in. That way I know that I have those files in every possible location xD)... but so far nothing has worked.
    I sometimes see people say that I have to check whether the files in the folder match the size in their screencaps. The only difference I see is that the crack.exe file is little over 1300kb in my computer when in the screenshot it's around 1400kb.
    However, nothing works. The game remains in Japanese.

I have tried renaming the patch files and switching them for the ones already existing there (cg-patch.npa, for example, became cg.npa), but that took out all the graphics from the game until I put the original files back. I understand I need to have cg-patch.npa and nss-patch.npa in the root of the game and the video files in the dx folder and open it with Japanese locale. However this issue persists.
    I believed the issue might have been that the version of the game I have, ver. 1.00, would be incompatible with the patch, but I doubt that's the issue since a) I got all those files from the same post in this website and b) I saw a different forum post where a person had issues with an updated version (ver. 1.10) and had to get v.1.00 instead.
    I have followed the installation steps correctly and the game does run normally... just without the English translations ^^;

Does anyone know what else might be the problem? :<

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello SnowSeltheus! ^^

There's a version 1.10 of DMMdrc?? Sure it wasn't about the original DMMd?

Good to see you did check the filesizes. XD;; Funnily enough, the original DMMdrc EXE is about 1415 KB, about 100 KB more than the crack.

Now lessie... Would you mind posting a screenshot of your install folder for DMMdrc? ^^

Also, what version of Windows are you running?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

There's a version 1.10 of DMMdrc?? Sure it wasn't about the original DMMd?
    Errrrr... ^^;; pretty sure there was... though I could be mistaken @@
    I think I saw that on a Dmmd Re:connect thread...

Now lessie... Would you mind posting a screenshot of your install folder for DMMdrc? ^^

Also, what version of Windows are you running?
    Sure thing.
    I'm running the game on Windows 7, and this is the root folder:
    Root.png
    And this is what's in the dx folder:
    dxfolder.png
    As you can see, I have the Video files in both the dx folder and in its own individual folder within it ^^;; (hope it doesn't cause interferance though...)

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

For comparison:

My OS Windows 10 Home Single Language. I installed the eng patch according to the guide included with the eng patch (the pdf file with the pretty presentation).

This is the file folder of the Dramatical Murder Re:Connect I have. It's Ver 1.00. I compared them already and I can't find any difference between yours and mine. I also included what the screens should look like with Eng patch. (under Spoiler)

Did you check for the entirety of the game whether it's all JP, even the Card Game, tweet logs, and Dramatical Moder?
    A suggestion, have you tried running the crack as administrator?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSeltheus View Post
    Sure thing.
    I'm running the game on Windows 7, and this is the root folder:
    Root.png
    And this is what's in the dx folder:
    dxfolder.png
    As you can see, I have the Video files in both the dx folder and in its own individual folder within it ^^;; (hope it doesn't cause interferance though...)

I don't -think- having the duplicates of those videos will be a big deal. o.O Suppose I could test that out myself, if worse comes to worse.

Thanks for the screenshots! XD Always super helpful. But, out of curiosity, where did you install DMMdrc? What folder is it in?

Anywho... I actually had this issue when I first installed DMMdrc as well. Admittedly everyone's own variations of this problem have different ways to be fixed... For me, it was a combination of cutting out the English patches, pasting them elsewhere, then putting them back in again a few times. I still don't know why that worked, but it did for me.

For other people, it was a matter of making sure the game was NOT installed into the default location. (Windows wasn't reading the English patches properly from the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder). Another user had theirs "fixed" by unblocking the Cracked EXE and ***-patch.npa files.

Are you familiar with that? Right-click on each file, and select "Properties", now at the bottom, look for a piece of information talking about "Blocked" and a big 'ole [ UNBLOCK ] button. Like this:
    dmmdre_crack_properties.png

These suggestions aren't 100% guaranteed to make yours work, but it's a start in narrowing down a possible error. XP;;;; ^^;;;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry, you guys, for always answering so late...
    @monokuroe
    A suggestion, have you tried running the crack as administrator?
    I have, in fact, but it didn't work. It was one of the first things I tried doing too.
    Just tried it again, and it didn't work... sorry...
    And, well, I do believe all files are written in Japanese... I've had issues with Japanese games which didn't play correctly because I either installed or extracted them with a different locale than Japanese, but I don't believe this is the case...

@Kojichan
    Always super helpful. But, out of curiosity, where did you install DMMdrc? What folder is it in?
    It's in an external disc drive. I wouldn't dare to install it on C: since I barely have free space ^^;; (old computer is old, expecting to buy one this year...)

Admittedly everyone's own variations of this problem have different ways to be fixed...
    I can tell xD A lot of people had different ways to get it solved, each completely different. One had to completely re-install the game and then another had to switching from Japanese locale to English and then back to
    Japanese to get it to work.
    I guess I just have to keep being stubborn with this.
    Unfortunately my computer doesn't show any "unblock" button. In fact, yours has a completely different look than mine does... Mine just has three attributes, and no Security section...
    Untitled.png As you can see...

...*sigh* Well... if I can't get it to work, I guess I might as well give up : I No use trying to beat around a bush that just won't budge...
    Sorry for making you guys go through all the trouble though...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Uugh I heard there is a version of Re:connect that does not require installation. Visit this site, however the download site is Baidu and I don't understand chinese, so I can't help wiith download.

http://blpaca.tumblr.com/dramaticalmurderreconnect

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSeltheus View Post
    Sorry, you guys, for always answering so late...
    @monokuroe

I have, in fact, but it didn't work. It was one of the first things I tried doing too.
    Just tried it again, and it didn't work... sorry...
    And, well, I do believe all files are written in Japanese... I've had issues with Japanese games which didn't play correctly because I either installed or extracted them with a different locale than Japanese, but I don't believe this is the case...

@Kojichan

It's in an external disc drive. I wouldn't dare to install it on C: since I barely have free space ^^;; (old computer is old, expecting to buy one this year...)

I can tell xD A lot of people had different ways to get it solved, each completely different. One had to completely re-install the game and then another had to switching from Japanese locale to English and then back to
    Japanese to get it to work.
    I guess I just have to keep being stubborn with this.
    Unfortunately my computer doesn't show any "unblock" button. In fact, yours has a completely different look than mine does... Mine just has three attributes, and no Security section...
    Untitled.png As you can see...

...*sigh* Well... if I can't get it to work, I guess I might as well give up : I No use trying to beat around a bush that just won't budge...
    Sorry for making you guys go through all the trouble though...

I actually like troubleshooting like this. ^^;;; I think it's fun to do.

Out of curiosity, your external drive... I know this is the reason why your properties window is different than mine. Is your external drive an SSD? Well, either way, try this instead:

CUT OUT the "nss.npa" and "cg.npa" files, the original ones, and leave the English patch ones in the folder... Now, paste them to your Desktop temporarily. It needs to be a different drive, not the same one. Now, cut those files off of your Desktop, and paste them back into the folder DMMdrc was installed to.

Try launching the game again. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you from 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    I actually like troubleshooting like this. ^^;;; I think it's fun to do.

Out of curiosity, your external drive... I know this is the reason why your properties window is different than mine. Is your external drive an SSD? Well, either way, try this instead:

CUT OUT the "nss.npa" and "cg.npa" files, the original ones, and leave the English patch ones in the folder... Now, paste them to your Desktop temporarily. It needs to be a different drive, not the same one. Now, cut those files off of your Desktop, and paste them back into the folder DMMdrc was installed to.

Try launching the game again. ^^

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and say this helped me fix my own problem with the English patch not working as well! I've been struggling to try and uninstall all the programs involved to start from scratch just to try and fix the problem tht way, but your solution seemed to work!!!

TYSM