aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamento patch

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lamento patch

Edit: I meant to reply to a thread and I created this instead? I don't know how... I'm too new at this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KaiaKasumi; 02-21-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So I just bought the game and followed the steps multiple times and it still isn't working? I don't know why it isn't. The game still launches and works. Everything is fine. But no English script shows up. Everything is still in Japanese. I browsed through the thread but couldn't find anything. I don't want to download the game from online because I just bought it and I don't like doing that. Help! I have no clue what to do. Also when I go into config, it says that the script is 1.10 version, if that effects anything?
    Screenshot.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello KaiaKasumi! ^^ Don't worry, starting a new thread isn't a big deal. Sometimes it works out better in your favour.

Anywho...

Congratulations on purchasing Lamento! ^_^ Thank you for supporting NitroplusCHiRAL and their work.

As for the English patch...

The English patch was developed using version 1.03/1.02 of the game. People have mentioned that the English patch doesn't work on the newest patch release of 2.00... but let's see what we can do for you, first. ^^

First off, the filesizes in your folder look just a little off... The cg-patch.npa and nss-patch.npa are fine, by the way. I mean the original files.

lamento_install.jpg

For comparison's sake, here is my Lamento install. I have the NoDVD version of the game highlighted in Blue, and the original EXE was renamed to keep a backup. That's why it's named BAK. ^^

The filesizes may not be an issue, per se, because the Voice.npa file in yours is about the same size as voice.npa and voice1.npa added together on mine... So take this with a grain of salt for now.

What I'm more noticing is that you're not using the NoDVD version of the game. It looks like it is there, in the folder, but it's renamed "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.000". Is that what I think it is?

The original filesize is really similar to mine. If it's NOT the NoDVD version, let's get that going for you. Head here:
    Index of /patches
    And find "[Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar" and download, then extract that in the folder. ^^ Otherwise, rename the larger "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.exe" to something like mine, that doesn't have an EXE on the end, then rename the .000 version to .exe and try again.

Strange question, but have you run any of the LmtDVDVer10x patches in your install...?

---

And lastly, this is kind of an oddball question... but is your main Harddrive an SSD, by chance?

Let me know how any of this fares for you, because I do have another suggestion to try afterwards that doesn't involve re-downloading the entire game.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 02-22-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The .000 is when I launch the game, otherwise it doesn't show up.

I have not run LmtDVDVer10x I don't think. I wouldn't know if it came from the game itself since I couldn't read the options when installing.

As for the SSD I have no clue!

I'm trying to do everything right now to see if it works
    Last edited by KaiaKasumi; 02-22-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post

What I'm more noticing is that you're not using the NoDVD version of the game. It looks like it is there, in the folder, but it's renamed "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.000". Is that what I think it is?

The original filesize is really similar to mine. If it's NOT the NoDVD version, let's get that going for you. Head here:
    Index of /patches
    And find "[Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar" and download, then extract that in the folder. ^^ Otherwise, rename the larger "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.exe" to something like mine, that doesn't have an EXE on the end, then rename the .000 version to .exe and try again.
    I followed these steps. The .000 is when the game launches and if I change it then it won't even launch using that. Also when is did the patch application it launches but then closes out a second later for some reason?

I did notice that the sizes are different which might have to do with the version? Here is my files as of now and also the config menu.

Untitlred.jpguyoty.png

And this is the screenshot of when the game is launched with the larger app.

jxd.png

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I suggest you uninstall the game again and just patch it up to 1.03

I am not sure about the compatibility of 1.10 system/script version to the eng patch but it has been reported that updating Lamento using LmtDVDVer200 breaks the english patch, making the game unplayable.

My OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language2016-02-23 13_44_48-Program Manager.jpg2016-02-23 13_48_30-Lamento patch.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KaiaKasumi View Post
    The .000 is when I launch the game, otherwise it doesn't show up.

I have not run LmtDVDVer10x I don't think. I wouldn't know if it came from the game itself since I couldn't read the options when installing.

As for the SSD I have no clue!

I'm trying to do everything right now to see if it works
    No worries about the SSD thing, then.. ^^;;; It just means that your harddrive on your computer isn't a normal one, but a super fast one that acts like memory, instead of a typical harddrive.

I followed these steps. The .000 is when the game launches and if I change it then it won't even launch using that. Also when is did the patch application it launches but then closes out a second later for some reason?

I did notice that the sizes are different which might have to do with the version?
    Interesting about the larger file creating that .000 file. It must be related to their anti-piracy protection. You won't need the larger program, or the .000, so feel free to ignore them.

Well, the smaller EXE (784 kb), not the .000 is the game WITHOUT anti-piracy protection, known as the NoDVD. And I know for a fact that it works with the English patch, so something is going on in your folder that is preventing the English patch from loading.

The fact the game is opening then closing immediately when you do use it tells me that it's not reading the "nss-patch.npa" file first... or at all.

I have a request. Could you, temporarily, MOVE the "nss.npa" file OUT OF the Lamento folder? Cut and paste it to your Desktop, or somewhere else safe. Make sure it is NOT in the Lamento folder.

Now, try running the game with the NoDVD (784 KB) EXE. Does it start up at all?

If not, try renaming your "nss-patch.npa" to "nss.npa" and trying again. Let me know if any of this works.

(P.S., YES, the game should work if the nss-patch.npa is the only file there. I've tested, it does work. However, I have absolutely ZERO CLUE as to whether or not the entire game is playable. I don't know if the English translation team put absolutely every script file from the original nss.npa into the English patch one or not. I cannot guarantee a full gaming experience from this).

Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post
    I suggest you uninstall the game again and just patch it up to 1.03

I am not sure about the compatibility of 1.10 system/script version to the eng patch but it has been reported that updating Lamento using LmtDVDVer200 breaks the english patch, making the game unplayable.

My OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language2016-02-23 13_44_48-Program Manager.jpg2016-02-23 13_48_30-Lamento patch.jpg
    Their game, by default, is Version 1.10. It's higher than 1.03, and running the LmtDVDVer10X won't help. It may actually cause problems, as it will downgrade files.

In all actuality, you -CAN- have LmtDVDVer200 patched, but you need to make sure the English "nss-patch.npa" is in the same folder, otherwise the game will open then close immediately (I've done this myself). The NoDVD version of Lamento seems to look for files specifically from 1.03/1.02.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well, the smaller EXE (784 kb), not the .000 is the game WITHOUT anti-piracy protection, known as the NoDVD. And I know for a fact that it works with the English patch, so something is going on in your folder that is preventing the English patch from loading.

The fact the game is opening then closing immediately when you do use it tells me that it's not reading the "nss-patch.npa" file first... or at all.

I have a request. Could you, temporarily, MOVE the "nss.npa" file OUT OF the Lamento folder? Cut and paste it to your Desktop, or somewhere else safe. Make sure it is NOT in the Lamento folder.

Now, try running the game with the NoDVD (784 KB) EXE. Does it start up at all?

If not, try renaming your "nss-patch.npa" to "nss.npa" and trying again. Let me know if any of this works.

(P.S., YES, the game should work if the nss-patch.npa is the only file there. I've tested, it does work. However, I have absolutely ZERO CLUE as to whether or not the entire game is playable. I don't know if the English translation team put absolutely every script file from the original nss.npa into the English patch one or not. I cannot guarantee a full gaming experience from this).
    I did what you asked. I moved the nss.npa file out of the folder onto the desktop. I tried to launch the game but it still did not work. (Using the smaller one that was the NoDVD patch, not the .000) It still crashes every time I try to launch it. Same thing if I rename the nss-patch to nss

I have no clue what in the folder could be stopping it from launching either. I have to return the game by 2/29 unless it decides to work for me. (I would love to keep the game but I have no use if it won't work)

Any other ideas? I'm open to other things I can do to maybe get the game to work.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I did what you asked. I moved the nss.npa file out of the folder onto the desktop. I tried to launch the game but it still did not work. (Using the smaller one that was the NoDVD patch, not the .000) It still crashes every time I try to launch it. Same thing if I rename the nss-patch to nss

I have no clue what in the folder could be stopping it from launching either. I have to return the game by 2/29 unless it decides to work for me. (I would love to keep the game but I have no use if it won't work)

Any other ideas? I'm open to other things I can do to maybe get the game to work.

OK, got a few more ideas. I'm sorry this is how it's playing out for you.

Would you be willing to try with the nss-patch.npa in the folder, save the original nss.npa somewhere safe outside of the folder, rename "nss-patch.npa" to "nss.npa", take out the "cg-patch.npa", and try running the original big EXE, the one that requires the DVD to be mounted?

If even THAT doesn't work, I'm beginning to wonder if the patch you downloaded is corrupt somehow...

--- Edit: Someone else on Windows 10 got it to work, but had a similar issue where it was straight Japanese, still... They got it to work by having the original Japanese files in place, temporarily taking out the English patch files by cutting them out of the folder, putting them somewhere else, then moving them back into the folder, and trying once again. o.O;;

I'm also wondering if maybe Windows has "Blocked" the patch files. If you can, could you Right-click on the NoDVD EXE, "nss-patch.npa" and "cg-patch.npa" files, then select "Properties" at the very bottom? Once that window pops up, look at the bottom of the window for something that mentions "Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer [ UNBLOCK ]"

dmmdre_crack_properties.png
    It'll look kinda like this window. Ignore the fact that this is for DMMdrc, but take a look at the bottom of the window with the UNBLOCK button? Try doing that with the three files. The NoDVD EXE, nss-patch.npa and the cg-patch.npa.

Maybe Windows 10 really cracks down on these files more harshly than Windows 7. (Mine have this at the moment, but it still works. But it might not be the case in Win 10)
    Last edited by Kojichan; 02-24-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Asato (L9)Konoe (L2)Rai Lamento (L9)
    DS_001_leftFlower 1 (Pink)DS_001_right
    KiraraEren SnK (L2)Pikachu
    OK, got a few more ideas. I'm sorry this is how it's playing out for you.

Would you be willing to try with the nss-patch.npa in the folder, save the original nss.npa somewhere safe outside of the folder, rename "nss-patch.npa" to "nss.npa", take out the "cg-patch.npa", and try running the original big EXE, the one that requires the DVD to be mounted?

If even THAT doesn't work, I'm beginning to wonder if the patch you downloaded is corrupt somehow...

--- Edit: Someone else on Windows 10 got it to work, but had a similar issue where it was straight Japanese, still... They got it to work by having the original Japanese files in place, temporarily taking out the English patch files by cutting them out of the folder, putting them somewhere else, then moving them back into the folder, and trying once again. o.O;;

I'm also wondering if maybe Windows has "Blocked" the patch files. If you can, could you Right-click on the NoDVD EXE, "nss-patch.npa" and "cg-patch.npa" files, then select "Properties" at the very bottom? Once that window pops up, look at the bottom of the window for something that mentions "Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer [ UNBLOCK ]"

dmmdre_crack_properties.png
    It'll look kinda like this window. Ignore the fact that this is for DMMdrc, but take a look at the bottom of the window with the UNBLOCK button? Try doing that with the three files. The NoDVD EXE, nss-patch.npa and the cg-patch.npa.

Maybe Windows 10 really cracks down on these files more harshly than Windows 7. (Mine have this at the moment, but it still works. But it might not be the case in Win 10)
    As a heads-up, running nss-patch as nss will probably not work--that's what we've found during beta testing, anyway. nss and nss-patch are compressed differently and for some reason, while packing your own with nipa works fine, cutting/pasting tends to produce weird results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast