aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu No Chi Not Working

This is my first with a BL game, and I really want to play it because I loved the anime a lot. So I've done everything right and did as instructed. The game Icon is on my desktop but when I go to click it nothing happens? I'll right-click and "Run as Administrator" and still nothing. I finally went back and clicked the Install.exe and that runs and will pull up a menu that says "Game Start", "DirectX Install", and "Uninstall".

I click "Game Start" and nothing happens but when I click the "DirectX Install" it tells me it can't and my version of it is out of date? But I checked it and the DirectX Model(?) is: v. 11.2.

Please help, I really want to play this game

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ah, just to make sure, the game was installed with the System Locale at JP?

Togainu No Chi requires DirectX Version 9.0c which newer computers don't have automatically installed. The DirectX installer in Togainu no Chi set-up it too old and incompatible with newer OS versions (I think starting from Vista or 7).

Download the DirectX installer here. A proper install should have no errors cropping up. (If you have DirectX 9.0c installed, the installer will say so)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=34429

Also, if you are in Win 10, replace the togainunochi.exe with the no-dvd version here. Read the thread.
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4352203

You might be also interested in here, I've been testing BL games on Win 10, and I can confirm somewhat that with proper installation/procedure Togainu no Chi works. I've also compiled some of the most encountered problems.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t189556-testing-compatibility-thread-windows.html

EDIT: I hope it worked or something.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 01-31-2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Adding more info

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I actually have the same exact problem as OP so I did what you suggested, except I downloaded DirectX from this page (this says it's version 9.29.1974) because the one you linked leads to an error page (gj microsoft). I didn't really know where to save it so I just made a new folder in my documents folder and left the files there. I went through the install and then went to install TnC again (as the original install without DirectX didn't work) but this time using DirectX. I still got an error saying "This version of DirectX is not compatible with the version of Windows currently installed." I'm running 8.1 btw.

The pc is set to the Japan locale and I have DMMd and DMMd re:connect installed and I play those just fine. There must be something I'm doing incorrectly but I have no idea what. any help would be seriously appreciated

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by charmingmoron View Post
    I actually have the same exact problem as OP so I did what you suggested, except I downloaded DirectX from this page (this says it's version 9.29.1974) because the one you linked leads to an error page (gj microsoft). I didn't really know where to save it so I just made a new folder in my documents folder and left the files there. I went through the install and then went to install TnC again (as the original install without DirectX didn't work) but this time using DirectX. I still got an error saying "This version of DirectX is not compatible with the version of Windows currently installed." I'm running 8.1 btw.

The pc is set to the Japan locale and I have DMMd and DMMd re:connect installed and I play those just fine. There must be something I'm doing incorrectly but I have no idea what. any help would be seriously appreciated
    I think you have downloaded an installer, did you try installing it? Leaving the files there would not work.

Also, I checked the link, this link it is working. You should download a 309 kb Microsoft DirectX® 9.0c End-User Runtime.

Also, did you try replacing the executable with the no-DVD version in the thread? If you have difficulties in downloading the needed files, you can message me privately for further assistance.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The DirectX version I downloaded has a setup .exe inside the folder so that's what I ran and it claimed to have installed and that the components were ready for use. When I checked my installed programs from the control panel, nothing registered there about DirectX so I don't know if it installed or not. I ended up just deleting all of those files.

It's so weird but the link you have keeps redirecting me to an error page, but a google search led me to the right DirectX version to install. I downloaded it and tried to install, but then it told me that I needed an older version of Windows to install! So I wasn't able to use this method after all.

I didn't try the no-DVD version because I thought it was compatible with Windows 10 (I really shouldn't assume!). What actually got it to work was that a friend shared with me this page which has another launcher. So I copied what was in the zip folder and replaced the one in my Program Files (x86). I double clicked and the game opened! I haven't played it yet, but I'm hoping everything runs smoothly now.

Thank you for taking the time to help me even if Windows wasn't cooperating

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Direct X does not really register on Programs. One way to check is through Run>Dxdiag but it won't show whether DirectX 9.0c is installed.

If the game runs properly graphically (meaning game runs like you can hear the music but no instance of black screens and such), then the DirectX problem is already fixed. No need to worry about that.

Anyway, I'm glad your problem is fixed, even if I wasn't much help.

Just remember to run the game as Administrator and under compatibility mode.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S045) Noiz(S007) RebornAkabane (L9)
    Kyousuke Hyoubu (L7)Eigetsu (L3)Akira TnC (L1)
    Ban (L1)Tsuna (L3)Akito (L1)
    I'm having the same issues. I've tried all the suggestions provided but it still won't run at all. For reference, I'm using windows 7, and (apparently) DirectX 11. Like charmingmoron dmmd works fine for me.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by AyameNakatsu View Post
    I'm having the same issues. I've tried all the suggestions provided but it still won't run at all. For reference, I'm using windows 7, and (apparently) DirectX 11. Like charmingmoron dmmd works fine for me.
    Do you mind Skyping with me? I can guide you personally if needed. Just message me privately if you want.

Else, if you don't want, please provide a screenshot of your installation folder.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S045) Noiz(S007) RebornAkabane (L9)
    Kyousuke Hyoubu (L7)Eigetsu (L3)Akira TnC (L1)
    Ban (L1)Tsuna (L3)Akito (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post
    Do you mind Skyping with me? I can guide you personally if needed. Just message me privately if you want.

Else, if you don't want, please provide a screenshot of your installation folder.
    Unfortunately, I don't have skype otherwise I'd take you up on that offer. This is a screenshot of the folder the games installed in.
    TnC.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    It won't run at all? Does no window start up at all, or does nothing happen period once you try running the EXE?

--- Actually, almost immediately I'm going to suggest this:

#1, Uninstall Togainu no Chi and reinstall it into a different location (Like, make a folder called "Games", and install it there. EX: C:\Games\etc\etc\). Don't install it into the default location; you won't be able to save the game.

#2, There was a Windows update back in September 2015 that nerfed TnC's ability to check if the disk is in the drive; it won't work at all now. You need the Vista Update version of the EXE.
    https://mega.nz/#!5dYwnDwD!D27r8LJP6...LANBXHrHqveYhc

Download the NoCD/Vista Update exe, and extract it into your re-installed TnC folder. ^^

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast