aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S020) YokozawaTakaya (L3)Guts (L1)
    Hijikata (L2)Asami (L5)Haruhi (L2)
    Riki (L3)Gintoki (L4)Kirishima Zen (L4)

Omerta ~Chinmoku no Okite~ Help, please!

Hi, can anyone help me with the problem I met during the installation of this game?

I have followed all the the instructions of this link (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...no-okite~.html), correctly downloaded the 15 parts and extracted them in a folder. At the end I have runned the omerta.iso file and while the game was installing, this message appeared:

11.jpg "funzione non corretta" which means "not correct function".
    And then some japanese sentences that I don't understand appeared in the screen:

21.jpg

I tried to run it as an administrator, stopped the additional processes in the task manager but I haven't solved the problem.
    Some ideas?

Sorry for my english, I know it's not really good.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Shinjuhi! ^^

The text in the install wizard below your "funzione non corretta" error is saying that the installer is trying to update the system registry with some info. However, it looks like it couldn't.

The last window just says that it didn't complete the installation, and that you should close the installer.

Now, you say you ran it in administrator mode... WHICH installer did you run in Admin mode?

If you ran "Lunch.exe" in Admin mode, or the one that will run with autorun, the actual installer might not be running in administrator mode. ^^

Open up/browse your mounted ISO, and go into the folder named "omerta".

In there, find the file entirely written in Japanese. Right-click on that and try running THAT in Admin mode.

Also, try changing the default install location for Omerta from the usual C:\Program Files (x86)\KarinChatnoirOMEGA\omerta\ to something like C:\Games\KarinChatnoirOMEGA\omerta\

C:\Games\ most likely won't exist, so create it before hand. I like to put all of my Visual Novels in that folder, because a lot of them need patching, have English patches, and like to write their savegames in the same folder they were installed to. The default location won't always work, so this way I've tried preventing some issues down the line... XP;;

Another possible problem, might be antivirus programs? Do you have any? Kapersky, McAffee or Norton or anything like that? Maybe they might be stopping the program... Not sure entirely on that one... I do know I had admin error problems when I tried installing it and I had to go the long way around, myself.

Also, your English is fine! o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[QUOTE=Kojichan

Hi Kojichan, thank you very much for your answer.
    I tried everything you said, more and more times, but I met always the same problem.
    I'm so sad...
    Do you or someone else have some other ideas?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, I have plenty of ideas, but they're just "What If?" situations. o.o;;

Lessie, out of curiosity... Since you're using Italian and not English as an OS language, do you have any non-latin characters your Windows username, by chance? Either decorative or another language? I know some Japanese VN's will choke with Russian, Hebrew, Islamic, etc... Anything that's basically not English, French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish (heh).

What program are you using for mounting your ISO? Virtual CloneDrive, Daemon Tools Lite, or something else?

I notice you're running in Windows 7, though I'd like to ask... Do you know if it's 32-bit or 64-bit? Also, are you installing on a laptop? Which drive are you trying to install Omerta to? Is it an actual Harddrive, or Solid State drive, or USB stick or SD Card?

We'll start with those for now. ^^;; Sorry it's not solved yet.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lessie, out of curiosity... Since you're using Italian and not English as an OS language, do you have any non-latin characters your Windows username, by chance? Either decorative or another language? I know some Japanese VN's will choke with Russian, Hebrew, Islamic, etc... Anything that's basically not English, French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish (heh).
    No, I'm pretty sure there are only latin characters.

What program are you using for mounting your ISO? Virtual CloneDrive, Daemon Tools Lite, or something else?
    I've tried MagicDisc and WinCDEmu... I think they are both good programs.

I notice you're running in Windows 7, though I'd like to ask... Do you know if it's 32-bit or 64-bit? Also, are you installing on a laptop? Which drive are you trying to install Omerta to? Is it an actual Harddrive, or Solid State drive, or USB stick or SD Card?
    I'm trying to install it on my desktop computer, which is a 32-bit. Regarding the last question, yes, I'd like to install the game on an hard-drive.

If you have other questions, tell me please.
    Thanks Kojichan!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

The Minimum System requirements for the game are:
    - Windows 2000
    - AT LEAST 1Ghz Pentium3 CPU (32-bit is fine then)
    - 512MB Memory
    - A harddrive with 4.5GB free disk space
    - DVD reader with 2x speed (Heh, ISO mounting ftw!)
    - 16-bit color depth for your graphics card
    - DirectX 9.0c (Default for most gameS)

These are pretty standard minimum specs... You definitely meet this, unless your HD is packed full. Also, that "funzione non corretta" doesn't usually pop up unless there's an issue with the drive, such as being write-protected (read only), or other such issues.

Here's a question, have you ever tried playing DRAMAtical Murder before?

I'm tempted to also ask you to try a different ISO mounting program, like Virtual CloneDrive as a test.

Do you have any antivirus programs running that might block the installer?

Lastly, don't suppose you'd be interested in perhaps a bit of Remote Assistance? Where I can see your computer and we can try things in real time instead of leaving messages like this? ^^;;