aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Repeated Issues w/ DMMD

Hello, I am having issues with the DMMD English patch (is there better terminology lmao). I have re downloaded it twice and after a certain amount of time I am unable to start the game.

When I first downloaded it, I played some and then left it overnight and the morning I was unable to start it, but in a way that I had not seen in the other help threads posted. The screen flashes black, and then white, in the same way it generally does but without the logos and warnings. And then, it remains black until I click a button and the log in process (the brain access thing and then the title screen) flashes by alarmingly quick and then dissapears. I am unable to click anything and my screen is black again, but the sound still works?

I re downloaded it again, and it functioned fine until as I was playing I got a message saying it was no longer working very suddenly and windows had to stop the program. When I attempted to restart it, the same things that had happened before happened again and I cannot start it and lost all of my progress again.

I downloaded it from vuzetorrent, my system locale is set in Japanese and I started sdrtj4280j before running the system though frankly I had no idea the buttons I was clicking and at one point got a message that something was shutting down (I always clicked the second last button). I have not touched anything in the files beyond that.

I apologize if this is hard to understand or read, this is my first time posting something like this lmao. Thank you very much!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by gambino View Post
    Hello, I am having issues with the DMMD English patch (is there better terminology lmao). I have re downloaded it twice and after a certain amount of time I am unable to start the game.

When I first downloaded it, I played some and then left it overnight and the morning I was unable to start it, but in a way that I had not seen in the other help threads posted. The screen flashes black, and then white, in the same way it generally does but without the logos and warnings. And then, it remains black until I click a button and the log in process (the brain access thing and then the title screen) flashes by alarmingly quick and then dissapears. I am unable to click anything and my screen is black again, but the sound still works?

I re downloaded it again, and it functioned fine until as I was playing I got a message saying it was no longer working very suddenly and windows had to stop the program. When I attempted to restart it, the same things that had happened before happened again and I cannot start it and lost all of my progress again.

I downloaded it from vuzetorrent, my system locale is set in Japanese and I started sdrtj4280j before running the system though frankly I had no idea the buttons I was clicking and at one point got a message that something was shutting down (I always clicked the second last button). I have not touched anything in the files beyond that.

I apologize if this is hard to understand or read, this is my first time posting something like this lmao. Thank you very much!
    Hello gambino! Welcome to Aarinfantasy! ^^ It's fine if this is your first time posting something like this; there are lots of first-timers here!

But, what happens to you certainly sounds strange! o_O

Well! Let's start things off with a few questions!

First, which version of Windows are you running? 7, 8, or 10?

Are you playing on a Laptop or not?

Also, you said you downloaded it from Vuze? You don't happen to know WHICH tracker you downloaded DMMd from, do you? ^^; Vuze doesn't actually store the files, it just searches existing torrents that are around the internet and tries to get what you want. Sometimes you don't get exactly what you wanted, and end up with viruses because some people are mean like that.

When you downloaded with Vuze, did it come with an ISO and files to help you install the game? Or did it just come as-is and you were playing it like that?

Where did you install DMMd after downloading it? Or did you just leave it in the same folder where Vuze put it?

And... Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folder where DMMd was installed/saved?

I want to compare the files with mine to see if anything's wrong.

It should look something like mine...

dmmd_install_files.png

Please make sure that all the files in Red and the file in blue are there. Also, to do the sdrtj4280j trick, you only just need to open it once, then close it right away. Don't use any of the other buttons. That's actually the serial registration/anti-piracy program.

My last request, could you take a screenshot of the game running? It doesn't have to be on any place in particular, just the window of the game. ^_^ Thanks!!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

May I join this discussion, I think we dl'd the same game from the same torrent. That particular torrent has a guide linked to it, and accd to the guide it requires Vuze Torrent.

It is non-installed version and as far as of today, it works perfectly but during auto mode sometimes it hangs for few secs (because it loads the next voice/choice/scene/ etc)

Also, I think you should also post the ff:
    1. OS
    2. CPU specs (Processor and RAM, storage capacity optional)
    3. Graphics Card (Switcheable or not)
    (1, 2, 3 can be accessed through System Properties)
    4. DirectX version, and whether DirectX 9.0c and lower versions are installed (You can check using Run>dxdiag; for Direct X version lower than 10, search for web DirectX 9.0 Runtime web installer in the Microsoft website)
    5. User Account Control Status

Typical solutions for games (any games actually)
    1. Make sure the pc/laptop meets the minimum specs required by the game.
    2. Graphics card and DirectX should be updated.
    3. Run as Administrator.
    4. If the game is old, try running it in Compatibility mode.

For comparison, the specs of my Laptop are ff:
    1. Windows 10
    2. Intel Core i7 @2.99 GHz, 8 GB RAM
    3. Intel HD Graphics 5500; (Dedicated) AMD Radeon HD 8500 2GB
    4. DirectX version: 12, DirectX9.0C Runtime installed
    5. UAC completely disabled.

In my case when installing sdrt4280j.exe, there was no prompt of shutdown afterwards.

Started it as Admin. The three buttons on the installer from left to right are "Back (B)" "Next (N)" and "Cancel", so you just press N until "Finish (F)" comes up.

Since my is non-installed version, I just clicked on the crack version and well, it worked even without compatibility mode or admin mode.

EDIT: I hope you read this! I finally encountered the problem you are talking about, and I was able to find a fix.

Does your laptop have 2 graphics card? Make sure you play DMMD on the DEDICATED graphics card (aka AMD/Nvidia, not the Intel)

Mine reverted to Intel after HDMI use and after that DMMd played the same. I restarted it to revert back to AMD (Because dang update removed my ability of Switcheable Graphics) and after that DMMd played normally again.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 01-16-2016 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Just found solution