aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I installed the game on Win 10, everything seems to be going pretty smoothly, UNTIL I get to the first choice:

Then it just stops, like the game just hangs? right-clicking still works, the shortcut buttons still work, but there's nothing showing up onscreen, just the background image. I've already waited for about 10 minutes to see if anything would load, but nothing. Should i just reinstall?

To add: i'm using patch 103, i haven't used the win10 patch since i haven't dl'ed the update from n+c, could that be the problem?
    Last edited by elione; 01-15-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

i can't get this game to install

I don't know what to do. I have been trying for the past 2 days to get this game to load and it won't. I can't even get it to install on my computer. It reaches about the halfway point and then I get this error message. No matter where I try to install the game it comes back with the same error message. I looked though several threads and no one's had the same issue as me. I'm at a loss here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlaB View Post
    I don't know what to do. I have been trying for the past 2 days to get this game to load and it won't. I can't even get it to install on my computer. It reaches about the halfway point and then I get this error message. No matter where I try to install the game it comes back with the same error message. I looked though several threads and no one's had the same issue as me. I'm at a loss here.
    This may not help you, but it looks like the Sound data is corrupt, somehow.

How are you installing Lamento? Is it a DVD ISO? Or is it on your harddrive somewhere?

If it's on your harddrive, you may have accidentally installed it overtop of where you downloaded it.

If it's an ISO, check to make sure your computer has enough space on it's harddrive, first, and if worse comes to worse, you might have to redownload it or find another place to download it from.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    This may not help you, but it looks like the Sound data is corrupt, somehow.

How are you installing Lamento? Is it a DVD ISO? Or is it on your harddrive somewhere?

If it's on your harddrive, you may have accidentally installed it overtop of where you downloaded it.

If it's an ISO, check to make sure your computer has enough space on it's harddrive, first, and if worse comes to worse, you might have to redownload it or find another place to download it from.

Yes that's what the problem turned out to be. I deleted the files I had and downloaded again from another source and it loaded just fine. I did panic for a minute when I opened the game and it was still in Japanese. Turned out I was using the wrong english patch. So I corrected my mistake and the now the game runs properly for me. Thank you for your help.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kanda (L3)Alma Karma (L6)Samatoki (L7)
    Prompto Argentum (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Bakugou (L3)
    Atsushi Nakajima (L8)
    Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

You said you were new to download this game, but have you installed games like this before?

If not, I'll go over a step-by-step process. I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.

Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!

---------------

Part 1 - Setting your System Locale to Japanese

---------------

Part 2 - An ISO Mounting Program

---------------

Part 3 - Archive extraction program

---------------

Part 4 - Downloading the Game

---------------

Part 5 - Extracting and Mounting the game ISO

---------------

Part 6 - Installing the game! ^_^

---------------

Part 7 - Update the Game core

---------------

Part 8 - Replace the program with a NoDVD version.

---------------

Part 9 - Verify the Game runs

---------------

Part 10 - Downloading the English Patch

---------------

Once that's done, your folder should look like mine:

Attachment 170566

PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FILE NAMED "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.bak". It's just a backup of the program I made. Purely my own choice, you won't have it!

Let me know how it turned out for you! ^^

I followed all the steps and all I get is an blackscreen when the game starts. I even have trouble starting DmmD after I installed Lamento...
    Know a way to fix it?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I followed all the steps and all I get is an blackscreen when the game starts. I even have trouble starting DmmD after I installed Lamento...
    Know a way to fix it?
    It's been a while for me for Lamento, but I vaguely recall that when this black screen happened, you can try turning OFF the System Unicode Locale (setting it back to your native region), restarting the computer, then RE-SETTING it back to Japan, and restarting. Make sure it's the System Unicode Locale, and not the date/time/language of the PC.

Failing that, are you able to take a screenshot of the folder where Lamento is installed? And are you playing the English patch, or the vanilla Japanese version? If you're playing the English patch, keep in mind that the English patch was based off of a specific "patch" version of Lamento, so if your Japanese version of Lamento wasn't the right version before you installed the patch, it might not work.

Lastly, I also vaguely recall sometimes SoftDenchi needs to be run at least once before Nitro+CHiRAL games work properly, even if they're cracked.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

You said you were new to download this game, but have you installed games like this before?

If not, I'll go over a step-by-step process. I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.

Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!
    Hi, just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful installation guide. I have just installed this right now, and it's working perfectly (and hoping I won't get any errors during while playing!)

I know this is a weird question to ask, but if I want to play this in Japanese, I just have to delete the nss and cg patches I've put in the folder, right? If I do delete them halfway playing the game, will my save files be affected?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Perchance does anyone have trouble Extracting the parts? I get Part 1 extracted just fine, and then when I go to extract parts 2-10 and it gives me an Error "Data Error in Lamento_Dvd.ISO File is broken" Before I try to extract parts 2-10 the .ISO is fine, it has information in it. After I try extracting 2-10 it erases everything inside. I'm using 7zip to Extract and have tried using both download posts.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by kittensnframes View Post
    Perchance does anyone have trouble Extracting the parts? I get Part 1 extracted just fine, and then when I go to extract parts 2-10 and it gives me an Error "Data Error in Lamento_Dvd.ISO File is broken" Before I try to extract parts 2-10 the .ISO is fine, it has information in it. After I try extracting 2-10 it erases everything inside. I'm using 7zip to Extract and have tried using both download posts.
    Parts? Have you downloaded a multi-part ZIP file? (Where one zip is split into many tiny smaller ones?)

If so, then you don't need to extract the other parts by themselves. They exist so that part #1 can extract completely. When you extract files from part #1, it actually opens up the rest of the parts to get all the data it needs! ^^ It actually isn't split as you expect it to be.

Could you show a screenshot of your files so we could get a better look?

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Diluc (L10)Xmas (004)Kaeya (L10)
    (Event) Forum - Tartaglia (Event) Forum - Shell Overlord(Event) Forum - Yata Misaki
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Thank you for the guide to installing this, it'd been quite a while, so figuring out how to get it installed was a challenge for my tiny n tired brain

It's worth noting that Locale Emulator seems to work on this game without any fuss so far... For those that don't want to change their System Locale. (At times I found random apps & especially system apps, would pop up in Japanese at random!)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast