aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Black screen

Hi, I just downloaded the game and I followed the steps, but when I opened the game before putting the eng patch to make sure it worked (as the steps said) the screen is all black, and when I want to close it, it doesn't close.
    Here's a screenshot

black screen.jpg

This is after opening the rar

from where it downloaded.jpg

And this is the lamento game files

lamento folder.jpg

If anyone could help Thanks in advance

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Don't worry! ^^ The game will work, you just NEED the English patch. It's the only one that works with that EXE. Finish following the guide, and put your flavour of the English patch in there.

Don't forget!!! DON'T USE THE WINDOWS 10 patch! That is STRICTLY for people who BOUGHT Lamento. The normal version is the one you want!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Agito (L3)Kanda (L3)Baymax (L6)
    Hiro Hamada (L6)Riku (L4)Hitsugaya (L4)
    Akihiko (L4)Minato (L2)Heine (L1)
    I did as you said, but when I open the exe, the window just stays black and I can't close it

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by InnocenceShiro View Post
    I did as you said, but when I open the exe, the window just stays black and I can't close it
    Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folder where you installed Lamento to show us? ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

lamento.jpg
    This is in D: but tried in C: before this and had the same problem.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thanks for the screenshot!

I see you're missing two files that are part of the LmtDVDVer103, and the NSS patch you currently have is an older one. I realize my guide mentions version 2.3, but I need to update that... Sorry. ^^;; Here's a link to the latest script: nss-fullpatchver2.4

Also, just to make sure... Your System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese, right? You've played other Japanese Visual Novels before and they worked? Sometimes games will be black like this when your System Unicode Locale isn't set to Japanese. This option does NOT change your computer's language, and it's NOT the timezone function. It's an option that allows Japanese computer games to run on your computer, and display text in some instances.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot!

I see you're missing two files that are part of the LmtDVDVer103
    , and the NSS patch you currently have is an older one. I realize my guide mentions version 2.3, but I need to update that... Sorry. ^^;; Here's a link to the latest script: nss-fullpatchver2.4

Also, just to make sure... Your System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese, right? You've played other Japanese Visual Novels before and they worked? Sometimes games will be black like this when your System Unicode Locale isn't set to Japanese. This option does NOT change your computer's language, and it's NOT the timezone function. It's an option that allows Japanese computer games to run on your computer, and display text in some instances.
    AAAH that's true, but no mather how many times I open it and finish the proccess, the archives never appear :/ and yes, was the first time I did, because I remember it from DRAMAtical Murder and Toigainu no Chi.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm hmm! o.o Nothing happens when you run LmtDVDVer103.EXE? You're telling it the proper location for the installed game, I bet? Hmm....

What program did you use for mounting ISO's? For poops and giggles, try mounting a random ISO (it doesn't need to be Lamento's) and run the game again.

The "NoDVD" exe has a weird quirk where if there's nothing mounted in the original virtual drive AT ALL, it will complain (In English, no yet) that there's no DVD in the drive. Even sillier, it gives you three options to try and 'fix' the problem, but hitting 'Cancel' or 'Abort' doesn't actually do anything, and the game still technically runs. Just mount any old ISO (seriously), and try the game again. XD;;

Also, one last silly question... Is your Drive D an External HD, Memory Card or a Solid State Drive?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi there, I also have trouble with downloading the game. I cannot run LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102 so I tried to run LmtDVDVer103 instead and followed your advice (as well as copy/paste the Lmt no DVD). But the game is still in blank. Here are the photos ;;, thank you
    P/S: Im on Win10 and I already set my language into Japanese

Untitled.jpg
    2017-12-14.jpg

Last edited by ducankata; 12-14-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hello! ^_^

Don't worry about not being able to run LmtDVDVer101 or LmtDVDVer102. LmtDVDVer103 is the important one (and contains the same stuff in the first two anyways).

I noticed you installed Lamento in the default location, instead of choosing a different location to put it. This will help because Lamento makes save games in the same folder it was installed into, and for Windows 7, 8 and 10, any games in the "Program Files (x86)" or "Program Files" folders sometimes have issues putting files in there.

I'm not sure if that may help or not, but it's worth a shot! Otherwise, everything else looks fine and goodly installed. I've noticed an odd quirk recently with the game, where it pretends to fail to startup if there's no "DVD" in the drive. So if your ISO mounting program/drive doesn't have anything in it (unmounted), Lamento may complain.

But it's just being stupid. It'll still run the game anyway. Try mounting something? Anything, really. It doesn't even need to be Lamento. It can be whatever ISO you feel like.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 12-14-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast