aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmsky101 View Post
    is it normal that when i tried to open the game just like you said, it comes out as blank? its all black. and i cant close it.
    Hello rhythmsky101! ^^

When it comes out black like that, it means the game can't read a particular file it needs.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder where you installed Lamento? ^^

Also, could you tell us what folder the game was installed to, which version of Windows you're using, and whether or not you have the System Unicode Locale set to Japanese?

Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

stupid me.
    I deselected a box and didn't change my system locale correctly.
    It works perfectly now. Thank you so much for the steps!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I just wanted to thank you kindly for this step-by-step guide! It was easy to follow and it worked just fine on Windows 10. Cheers! <3

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, thanks so much for the guide and I've been following it closely and I was fine up until part 8. I went back into the folder where I extracted the ISO but I can't find the specified file I needed to copy.
    Untitled.jpg
    I used the links provided by Kessai on the game download thread, I'm not sure if they're any different or if it matters but mentioning just in case. Should I redo everything and use yours instead?

---

Update: So I think I found the .exe file, it was in the noDvD patch after I extracted it... was that where it was supposed to be? Or somewhere else? Anyways, I tried to copy and paste the file like the instructions said but then the User Account Settings window popped up. I don't remember what it said exactly (forgot to screencap, sorry) and I clicked OK, didn't work though. Tried to run the application and a window quickly opened then closed immediately.

I searched for other solutions in the meantime and messed around a bit and got error 1503. I'm guessing I really messed this up somehow or another huh...

Any help/suggestions would be really great. And I'm running windows 7, forgot to mention that earlier too.
    Last edited by shiyu07; 08-18-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by shiyu07 View Post
    Hello, thanks so much for the guide and I've been following it closely and I was fine up until part 8. I went back into the folder where I extracted the ISO but I can't find the specified file I needed to copy.
    Untitled.jpg
    I used the links provided by Kessai on the game download thread, I'm not sure if they're any different or if it matters but mentioning just in case. Should I redo everything and use yours instead?

---

Update: So I think I found the .exe file, it was in the noDvD patch after I extracted it... was that where it was supposed to be? Or somewhere else? Anyways, I tried to copy and paste the file like the instructions said but then the User Account Settings window popped up. I don't remember what it said exactly (forgot to screencap, sorry) and I clicked OK, didn't work though. Tried to run the application and a window quickly opened then closed immediately.

I searched for other solutions in the meantime and messed around a bit and got error 1503. I'm guessing I really messed this up somehow or another huh...

Any help/suggestions would be really great. And I'm running windows 7, forgot to mention that earlier too.
    Did you install Lamento first? You copy paste that .exe file to the program folder that appears AFTER you install Lamento.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yeah, I did install the game first but when I go to copy and paste the file there the 1503 error pops up.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Yeah, I did install the game first but when I go to copy and paste the file there the 1503 error pops up.
    Did you update first to ver 1.03? I think the no-DVD patch works for 1.03 and 2.00 (though eng patch is said to only work for 1.03. Just to clarify, you are replacing the original Lamento.exe with the no-DVD.exe?

You are in JP locale? If possible too, install Lamento not at the default Program Files folder but on a custom one so that you don't get hit by Windows needing permission to modify the contents of the folder.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes to both questions. I updated to ver 1.03 (though I had to download that specific patch separately because it was missing). Everything I did matched up with the instructions, it was only when I tried to replace the file that it started having problems.

Lamento is installed under C: and not in program files. Double checked and locale is definitely set to Japan (I've been playing other games that require JP locale as well).
    Last edited by shiyu07; 08-20-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Yes to both questions. I updated to ver 1.03 (though I had to download that specific patch separately because it was missing). Everything I did matched up with the instructions, it was only when I tried to replace the file that it started having problems.

Lamento is installed under C: and not in program files. Double checked and locale is definitely set to Japan (I've been playing other games that require JP locale as well).
    Okay, let's check your Lamento folder. Would you mind screenshotting the contents of the installed Lamento folder, as well as the error dialogue box?

Did the 1503 come up when you try to copy-paste the no-DVD patch or when you open the no-DVD patch after copy pasting?

Since you are in Win 7, it's possible to Mount boot.ISO and the Lamento DVD ISO (separate disk mounts, so 2 mounted images) and try opening Lamento using the original .exe file. Just check if it opens.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Installed Lamento folder contents:
    lamento_folder.jpg
    This is the error message that appears after I try to copy paste the no DVD patch:
    error1503.jpg

I already mounted the Lamento DVD ISO before as per instructions but I also went and mounted boot.ISO like you suggested. Then I tried to open the original .exe file but nothing happened (I did wait for a while but it never opened). I also tried to open the file from the no DVD patch and a black window popped up for a split second and that was it, couldn't open either.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast