aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Addict

Savings

Abel (L5)Nakajima (L9)Tatsumi YnM (L6)
    (S001) EndoYashiro STWH (L9)Katze (L4)

Translation Tools

Not sure where this should go, but thought I would post it here. Mods feel free to move.

This isn't a game post, but I thought it would be very interesting for those of you playing Japanese ADVs, and in general, any Japanese PC games that have a lot of dialogue you do not understand. You may use a program called Anime Game Text Hooker (modeled after Oh Text Hooker, but far better) to capture the text and send it automatically to clipboard, where it will be translated by QuickAtlas. The former is a free program, while the latter is commercial. You may find links for the downloads below.

Anime Game Text Hooker
    Atlas Suite 13.0 (New link, make sure to set your computer clock to before Sept. 30, 2006 when installing - you can change it back afterward)

In order to use it, you must install both programs and then follow these steps.

1. You create a shortcut of the game .exe file. Just right-click the real game.exe file, drag it, and click "Create Shortcut here". It'll be a copy with an arrow added in the corner of the icon.

2. Right-click the game.exe and in the "Target" field, add the location of the agth.exe file. A /c variable is added so it'll automatically put extracted game text on the clipboard, so that Quick Atlas can translate it. Example:

Target: "C:/Program Files/AGTH/agth.exe" /c "C:/Games/Cool Game/game.exe"

3. Open Quick Atlas. It'll run as an icon of a mouse in your system tray that says "Quick Atlas Mouse Translation". Right click on that icon and put a check next to "Automatic Clipboard Translation". It'll open up a little split-screen box.

4. Double-click the shortcut game.exe (the copy made with the arrow in the corner). It'll load the game with AGTH with it.

5. At the top of the AGTH window, it may by default start hooking system text, ect. Hit the down arrow and select a different process until you find the one that is hooking the game dialogue. Usually this is "TextOut" or "GetGlyphOutline" (but could be others... just check through them).

6. Now on each dialogue screen, AGTH will copy the Japanese text to the clipboard -- it is then automatically sent to the Quick Atlas window you have opened, where the Japanese text will display on the top half of the split-screen, and the translation on the bottom. (I find it is sometimes helpful to change the speed of the text display within the game options, such as setting it to max so it immediately appears instead of writing across the dialogue box -- this makes Quick Atlas able to process it quicker and can fix some problems with text repetition).

Taken from MastressAlita's Guide to Setting up AGTH
    Last edited by Firestorm717; 10-11-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

(S052) Yuri KatsukiVictor Nikiforov (L7)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Nezumi (L4)Sion (L4)(S020) Yokozawa
    (S004) TakiKeisuke TnC (L1)
    It's kind of working but the AGTH is only picking parts of the text from (which is qualia) the game not all of it.. but it is better than the oh! text hokker.

Thank you every every much!

Kino_san XD
    Last edited by Kino-san; 03-15-2006 at 10:14 AM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Try changing the text speed...sometimes faster text speed makes it work better. Otherwise, it's probably a compatibility issue; you can sometimes add extra lines other than /c to fix problems, but I don't know of many of these types of fixes. The Hongfire board might have a more comprehensive list.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Nakajima (L9)Ciel (L5)Sebastian (L6)
    Oh a nice tanslation tools here... I have some questions..it tanslates all japanese text to english? secondly when i tried to install Anime Game Text Hooker,a window pop up and in that website which one should i click to install the program? coz it's in different language so i couldn't understand....

Yaoi Addict

Savings

I've re-uploaded the Sendspace link. Yousendit will no longer work for large files since they put up a 50 MB restriction. The official website for Atlas is here.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Axel (L4)Roxas (L4)
    errr.... maybe i'm stupid, but how am i supposed to instal agth?
    when I click the agth icon it appears a weird window with some commands but no installation... help pretty please? >.<;;

Yaoi Addict

Savings

You don't install it that way; you simply unarchive it to any folder and follow the instructions on the first page.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Axel (L4)Roxas (L4)
    oh I see.. lol! thank you, I can be very stupid some times XD;;

freakishfae
    Sorry, but I downloaded Quick Atlas and extracted the files into a new folder but the icon is not appearing in my system tray...what did I do wrong?

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Possibly because I wasn't talking about QuickAtlas and you would've known if you'd read the accompanying threads. You need to mount the extracted image files for Atlas with a program like Alcohol 120% onto a drive and then install from there.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast