aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can't play Laughter Land on Windows 10...

I recently installed successfully(?) the ''Laughter Land'' on windows 10 (in a different folder than the default one) but when i try to run the game simply nothing happens .....

Any ideas ?
    Is it a compatibility issue ,since the game is pretty old ?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Higanbana!

Well, admittedly Laughter Land is older, so you can try compatibility.

However, I would like to know, are you using the NoCD version of the game? Or the default program that came with it?

The original EXE/Program is about 937KB big, and requires the game's disk to be in the drive. But because Microsoft recently disabled the ability for some programs to DO that (long story), it's possible that it's bailing because of that.

The NoCD version of the game is 431KB big. Which one are you running?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello and thanks for the quick reply!!!
    I'm using the version that was kindly uploaded here lately that comes in two discs like you can see in the pic:sw.png

For full installation the game takes about 1.16GB so i guess it must be the original one but in disc 1 there is a no cd patch that i haven't been able to use correctly i think...
    1wrw.png

While having disc1 mounted i run the game and from the main menu click ''start'' and then nothing happens...
    Maybe it has to do with the no cd patch....?
    Last edited by Higanbana; 12-30-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Potentially. I'm not entirely certain. Also, your screenshots aren't working... XD;;;

For now, make a copy of the "laughter.exe" program, and rename it something like, "laughter.exe.bak" or whatever.

Then, go here: Index of /patches

And look for "AlphaROM 2.1 ~ 3.1 No Disk Patch rev4.rar". Download, then extract the program into the folder Laughter Land was installed.

Now run the "(NoCD Patch) AlphaROM 2.1~3.1汎用 rev4.exe" program, and select the "laughter.exe" NOT the backup. The backup is in case this step breaks.

After it's done, try running the game again through "laughter.exe".

If it does work, and when you close it you get an error that from Windows asking if the game ran/installed correctly/Stopped working, just close it. It does that, completely normal. There is no problem at all.

laughter_land.jpg
    For reference, this is what my folder for Laughter Land looks like, and it works. Though, I am using Windows 7, admittedly. Feel free to compare file-sizes between your files and mine to see if anything's missing.

Also, please note that the "laughter.exe.bak" is just my backup of the original program. Nothing more, not really required.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 12-16-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

After doing all the above steps as soon as i run the nocd patch and choose the ''laughter.exe'' i get the following error:
    err0r.png 
    meaning something along the lines of " Not supported file "
    The only difference between the files in your folder of the game and mine is the size of the original laughter.exe that in my folder is 937 KB while in yours it is 431KB....

Maybe the is a problem with the version of the game i downloaded ...i'll try download a different one and see !!

Thanks again though for all the detailed help !!
    Happy Holidays!!
    Last edited by Higanbana; 01-04-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Unsupported file, eh? o_O

Hmm, maybe it is a different version of Laughter Land?

Well, I just installed Windows 10 on my old laptop, myself, so I can try this out as well. I noticed that the AlphaROM No CD EXE you have looks like it's been blocked by windows, and/or requires admin powers to run.

Worst case scenario, I'll see if I can upload my pre-patched EXE for you. XP;;;; Don't know why I didn't think of doing that....

EDIT: Soooo, yeah. I tried to install Laughter Land on Windows 10 as well. It crashes, outright. Either with or without that AlphaROM patch. Compatibility does nothing for this. x_X;;

This is a game by WillPlus (AKA Langmaor) using their proprietary engine, and as such, if there are any newer games by WillPlus that we can try to see if they work in Windows 10, and if it's the same Engine, maybe...? x_x Man, I'm not sure myself. It's a bit extreme at this point, but that DID work for another game I tried a while ago... Grabbing a different game using the same engine, then stealing the EXE to try.

Laughter Land was created in 2006/2008, another game using the same engine is Yume Miru Kusuri... It's a Hentai game that uses the same engine, but maybe it's EXE would work? I'll have to test this later... In the meantime, I'm sorry but it seems Laughter Land won't play in Windows 10. x_x;;

EDIT #2: Soooo, I tried a bunch of stuff. But it looks like each of WillPlus's games have hard-coded stuff in the EXE's. They can't be swapped out. In fact, when I copied Under The Moon, Enzai, Absolute Obedience, AND Yume Miru Kusuri's EXE's into Laughter Land's folder, then started each one, they each ran their own respective games, regardless of the folder the EXE was in. XP;;;

It's all set through the Registry, and even then each program has a specific set of files it looks for. I'm terribly sorry, but it looks like Laughter Land cannot be run in Windows 10 at all. ;__;
    Last edited by Kojichan; 12-31-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Although i'm sorry i won't be able to play the game on Windows 10 (i'll write it on another pc that still runs with Windows 7 to check it out...!) i just wanted to say thank you again for being so helpful and kind !

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I know it's been almost 3 years, but I was looking for a way to get it running on windows 10 (so here I am), and I found the same question in a japanese forum, they answered to apply the official patch - that can be found here. I'm also running win10 and have the same problem: nothing happening when tried to open the exe. So, I downloaded and applied the official patch. After that, I applied the nocd patch and now the game is working perfectly! I'm running in Vista Compatibility Mode.

I hope to help people with the same problem
    Sorry if my english sucks ><

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KousakaOuji View Post
    I know it's been almost 3 years, but I was looking for a way to get it running on windows 10 (so here I am), and I found the same question in a japanese forum, they answered to apply the official patch - that can be found here. I'm also running win10 and have the same problem: nothing happening when tried to open the exe. So, I downloaded and applied the official patch. After that, I applied the nocd patch and now the game is working perfectly! I'm running in Vista Compatibility Mode.

OH! Thank you so much! I was struggling with this, myself.

Apparently I had already downloaded that patch file, once upon a time, but never bothered using it. XP;;

Yay! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KousakaOuji View Post

Can you give a step by step instruction of what you did?

Here is what I did after reaching the NoCD error.
    1.) I downloaded the LaughingLand102.exe file and ran it.
    2.) After the patch, I use the (NoCD Patch) AlphaROM 2.1~3.1汎用 rev4 on the laughter.exe file
    3.) It spit out the same error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast