aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

X Classic Italics (Black)Sebastian (L8)X Classic Italics (Black)
    Uta (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Guren Ichinose (L9)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Yomo Renji (L9)Soldier Blue (L9)

Sukisyo first limit help!

Ok so i've got the prepatched version of sukisyo first limit! but it will not run.. I am running it on vista (yea i know >.<) but i get what appears to be a resolution error its says something in japanese and 800 600 so im assuming thats what it is... Sukisyo.jpg

and this isn't my first rodeo so assume im set to japanese data exe is done yada yada..

any ideas anyone?? /lip quiver /cry

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I'm having a tough time making out the kanji on that screenshot (It got smushed, too small. ), so I can't see exactly what the problem is. I'm curious as to what it says, so maybe could you take a different screenshot with just that error message? (you can take screenshots of specific windows in your computer by holding down the ALT button before you press PRINT SCREEN. So if you make sure that text box is selected, do that trick and it'll take a picture of only that window, not the entire desktop)

However, I'm vaguely recalling someone had mentioned to try changing your desktop resolution to 800x600 and playing the game.

And yes, your computer is still set to Japanese Locale, otherwise that text wouldn't have been shown. ^^

How did you download the pre-patched version of Sukisho, if you don't mind my asking? And which folder did you save it to?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Error!.jpg < error box...

I already tried turning down my res to 800/600 and i tried it on both monitors with each other turned off incase it didn't like them! i tried it in full screen and i tried pretty much all compatability options...

I downloaded it from Downloads - joat-translations

And the file is just in my games folder located on desktop.. so c: for me..

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thanks for posting the error box! ^^

I can read it properly now, it says:

"This game will not work if there are no resolutions higher than 800x600 pixels."

What are you running Windows vista on? A Laptop? What is it's highest Desktop Resolution you can set it?

And lastly... Some people have had problems with the pre-patched version of the game. I outright did the manual method by installing the Japanese version first, then installing the patches myself.

The game should also be played as an Administrator, and windowed mode if possible. If you do want to play in full screen, the translation team suggests the 800x600 thing.

This games kinda fickle... I had my copy eat my save files. XP;;; Gotta start all over again.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

i always run everything in administrator mode (and by everything i mean visual novels... lol)
    my highest res is 1920 x 1080 its a desktop i honestly haven't tried a fresh install and applying the patches myself... although i have no idea why i haven't tried...
    maybe i'm just subconsciously lazy ?_? lol i shall try it now!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

ok so i did a fresh install and applied the patch files myself it is set to windowed mode and still the same error ?_? i have no idea whats wrong with it lol... thankyou for all your help btw this is the first time i haven't been able to finesse around a problem myself :S /frustrating!!

HarukiB
    It might sound silly, but have you considered running this kind of games using a virtual machine?
    You can install (a Japanese version of) Windows XP inside VirtualBox with a fixed virtual monitor size of 1024x786 and most of these kind of problems are solved.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gosh, I'm not really certain... Luckily, I have an old Windows Vista laptop, so I'll give it a try there... Though it is a 64-bit version of Vista. I'm not sure what yours is.

--

Well, I've tried changing the resolution, the colour depth, and messing with a bunch of things, even running the game directly off of a USB stick.

They all worked. The only thing I found wrong, was that I found out my laptop's battery is toast. (haha)

Though, but seriously? Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers...?

Do you know if you have an NVidia graphics card or an Intel? Try visiting the website to your graphics card's manufacturer, and installing the latest drivers available for Vista.