aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

X Classic Italics (Black)(S022) IasonGraham (L1)
    Oga (L1)Mato (L2)Rin (L1)
    Reever (L1)Badou (L1)Heine (L1)

PC set to Japanese but nothing works

Hello. Some days ago I bought Cage -OPEN- from DLSite, and after many problems and a big help from the the consumer service I finally managed to make it work. However, even with my PC set to Japanese, the files names aren't Japanese at all and it force close the game once I get to a certain part.
    I'm using Windows 8.1 and downloaded everything that was needed as far as language packs go, but everytime I open WinRAR the files aren't named right. Does the problem come from WinRAR itself or is there another procedure needed for Windows 8.1 to really work in Japanese ?
    Thank you, and all my apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything relevant to my version of windows.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    When you say you 'set your PC to Japanese,' did you just change the language of the computer into Japanese, or did you set the System Locale to Japanese?

They are two different matters, and most Japanese Visual Novels won't run/install even if your computer's language is set to Japanese, if the System Locale isn't set to Japan.

WinRAR can, by all means, display Japanese as long as the proper locale is set.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

Here's a guide to help you, just in case.

What you should do, is uninstall the game right now (If you're having issues, most games can be manually deleted, and when you try to use Windows' program uninstaller it will remove it itself).

Once that's done, make sure your computer's system locale is set to Japan, RESTART THE COMPUTER (Very important to do), then try to reinstall the game.

When you change the system locale on your computer, Windows can download the appropriate missing Japanese font files itself.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

i have the same problem like u i just get a new lap with windows 8 and i set the Japanese language but the games doesn't work and am sure the problem is the language cause while the instillation instead of japanese there was ????and a strange symbols and on my other pc it worked fine i just dont know how to fix it ...is that a problem w windows 8 or what ???

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

oh my god thank u Kojichan i did what u said i set the whole pc to japanese there were japanese every were and u said only the system locale so i searched how to change it and the games worked thank u so much i was really sad cause i love my games so much
    Last edited by mera0; 09-02-2015 at 05:44 PM.