aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi installation issues?

Hi there, I normally don't post on forums but I've trying to get this game to work for months now

To start, I have windows 7 home premium and I am in Japanese local every time I do attempt this.

I have followed the steps given to me in the torrent for the game but It never quite seems to..install correctly? It never asks me where I would like to install the game, ect but it shows up in my start bar and every time I try to run it, nothing happens. I've even checked the programs running on my pc and never find it. It never seems to install quite right and never starts.

I do mount the game using demon tools, everything like that. So, I'm not sure what's going wrong or where :c It's hard to explain really but any help at all would be really appreciated! Thank you!
    Last edited by holyorder; 08-21-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello holyorder!

Out of curiosity, you mentioned you downloaded this from a torrent? Which torrent might that be? Is it one also claiming to be pre-patched in English or not?

If it's automatically installing itself, I'm a bit concerned. Mostly just because it's typically not good for programs to install automatically on their own (spyware/malware/virus,etc).

But, if it's possible, can you right-click on the start-bar button for Togainu no Chi, in the window that pops up, right-click on the TnC icon again and select "Properties". Now, in THAT window click on the button labeled "Open File Location". Could you take a screenshot of the folder where TnC installed to? Try to also tell me the folder the game installed itself to, thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello! Thank you for your reply!
    I've actually tried two of them- The from Fuwa fuwa novel and the one I got from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0m9YEysPsA this video explaining how to install it and none of them claimed to pre-patched at all. I'm honestly not sure what's going on, it just doesn't seem to install properly. I've played many japanese games and only this one has given me greif-

Untitled.png

Here is what I ended up with folder wise and this is before I tried to install anything else. Update, English patch, ect. I'm utterly lost on what could be going wrong, So I really appreciate the help! <3

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Okay! XD Just wondering about the pre-patched thing, as some installers that "Buzz through" and automatically do everything tend to be bad.

But, it just sounds like the process seemed automatic because it's in Japanese, and it wasn't directly obvious what it was doing.

Thanks for the screenshot!

Some of the file sizes are different than mine, and I'm gonna chalk that up to it just being a different DVD than the one I had.

Here's something to try... First uninstall the game, remove it.

Now, create a new folder on your computer called C:\Games\

And then mount TnC again, and start the installer. BUT, instead of mashing the "Next" button, only hit it once. On the next screen there's a text area that mentions where the game will install, and a button beside it.

Please click the button on the right and then select the C:\Games\ folder we just created, then keep mashing the "Next" button until it finishes.

Now, before you go any further, can I ask what version of Daemon Tools Lite are you running? Is it the latest one, or one of the older ones?

For reference, THIS is the OLDER one.

If it's the newer one, I've heard a lot of people saying it just doesn't work, as they changed how virtual drives are handled. I couldn't get the newer one to work for me, either, with Togainu no Chi, so I ended up downloading Virtual Clone Drive instead on my Vista laptop to get it to work properly.

At this point, try running the game, don't forget to also try the "Run as Administrator" option. Does anything happen at all now?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much for your detailed response! However, After finding out that Lamento would crash the second install shield popped up to install it and after a lot of research-- I figured out something was wrong with my computer and basically had to reinstall windows _( :⁍ 」 )_

but! I now have both games running smoothly, haha. Thanks again for your help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Oh! Okay. I never would have figured that out. Sorry.

But, well! Enjoy??? XD