aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Neku (L5)

Can't play Laughter Land

Hi Guys,
    I can't play "Laugther Land". I've installed the game but I can't use the AlphaRom-Patch. I'm always getting a compatibility error and the game won't even start. I'm always getting a messege that the game's not working anymore. x.x I tried the compatibility mode but there wasn't any different.
    I'm using Windows 8.1. Can anyone help me?

1.jpg2.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hmm, this is a bit of an older game, so I'm not sure about it running in Windows 8.

I get strange compatibility issues in Windows 7, as well (Close the game, it says there were issues, but there aren't any). But, there are suggestions to try running everything in Windows 95 compatibility mode.

The last window says that the patch cannot "interact" with the files. Did you make a backup copy of the program EXE after you installed Laughter Land? It should be around 937kb. The patched one is 431kbs.

Where did you install Laughter Land to? The folder? It might be that the patcher cannot "interact" with the EXE because it's in a protected folder, like C:\Program Files (x86)\.... or C:\Documents\ or C:\Users\

Try uninstalling it, then re-installing the game in a different folder? (IE, C:\Games\Laughter Land\ )

Considering how old the game is, it makes save game files in the same directory it was installed to, so having it in a protected folder will actually cause it more harm.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'd also change your compability settings as described on this Microsoft Help Page (German;In case (I doubt it) you need the english one, look here)

XP seems to be the best option in most cases.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Neku (L5)
    Thanks for the help.
    I've tried a re-install in a different folder and also the compability settings but it still doesn't run the game. v.v
    There's only the "normal" EXE, I don't get a patched one, even when using the AlphaRom-Patch.
    Any other ideas or do you think the game's not running an Win8?