aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay, like a lot of people, I'm really new to this whole thing and decided to try to do all of this just to play DMMd. I've got most of it down pat, having DLed everything for both my desktop and net book. What I want to know is, what exactly are the crack files? I've seen them both for ATLAS and DMMd. I've been looking everywhere and I can't find an answer. I'm not sure if someone has asked already, because it's really late and I'm starting doze off while DLing these parts for DMMd. So if someone has already answered this question, I apologize. Also, this is probably a really dumb question, but what does the update for DMMd do exactly? I just like knowing all I can about stuff so I can know what I am doing to my comp. Sorry if all of this has been asked before. XD

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

DS_001_leftHajime Ichinose (L4)DS_001_right
    Rob (L4)Konoe (L2)Kusuriuri (L10)
    DS_002_(1)topleftWing 1 (Left)DS_002_(2)topmid
    Aren't crack files meant to... crack the game?
    I DLed and installed DMMD several months ago and I know you need these file to make the game work properly as they must have made a protection to prevent us for playing the game illegally.

I don't really know about the update, but who care as long as the game works properly?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The game works fine. I haven't had any issues with it. I just didn't know how to save. I'm just nosy about any and everything. XD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Is anyone having major problems with HJSplit? I downloaded Dramatical from the links on here, but Hjsplit keeps telling me that file access is denied. I checked properties to make sure it wasnt on "read only". Is there any other possible solutions?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Cloud (L9)Necoco (L1)Aoba (L2)
    DS_001_leftDS_001_midDS_001_right
    Lelouch (L7)Haruka Nanase (L9)
    Well, I think that downloading the full file is better. I tried HJSplit, but I just couldn't manage to use it with any game, any, really. *^*
    I have the torrent file if you want, you can always PM me.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kojichan answers various issues

have windows 7 home premium.
    i installed the game Gian happy luck life and im trying to use anime text hooker and atlas on it
    according to the guide i saw here , it said to create a shortcut
    of the game.exe file.
    however i don not see this file in the game's directory.

the game runs smoothly on daemon tools . but its in Japanese.
    im trying to use agth to translate the Japanese into
    English. however i don't know what to do.
    the guide i have is not working out for me.
    what am i doing wrong? is there a step by step guide?
    plz help!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mashima Taichi (L4)Lina Inverse (L2)Natsume (L10)
    Ryo OhkiSai (L3)Nyanko
    MadaraNecoco (L1)Sinbad (L6)
    I recently got a new computer (with Windows 8) after sticking with my Windows XP laptop for 7-8 years. I don't know how to mount games since my old Daemon Tools installer is no longer compatible with the OS! (I also have no money right now so don't know if the Pro version works or not). Does anyone know how to play BL games using Windows 8? Is there any other software (such as Virtual Console Drive) which can possibly work for mounting the games? Please help me ^^;
    Edit: I no longer need help since I've sorted out some issues.
    Last edited by pitchan; 05-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Akane Tsunemori (L9)Judal (L8)Alex Benedetto (L8)
    Shirotani Tadaomi (L8)Camus (L8)Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)
    Ren DM (L8)Jack Frost (L9)Riki (L3)
    Yo! I have a similar question to above, but, as this person's problem has been solved, I'll like to bump and refine it.

Basically, I'm thinking about getting a new computer. I would like to get Windows 7, but I might get Windows 8. I wanted to know how Windows 8 does for Bl Games? Would I be able to play them? Newer OS's do generally play older games, but I wanted to be sure before I, perhaps, decide on a Windows 8 computer.

Sorry if this has already been asked! Thanks a bunch for any help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinashi View Post
    Yo! I have a similar question to above, but, as this person's problem has been solved, I'll like to bump and refine it.

Basically, I'm thinking about getting a new computer. I would like to get Windows 7, but I might get Windows 8. I wanted to know how Windows 8 does for Bl Games? Would I be able to play them? Newer OS's do generally play older games, but I wanted to be sure before I, perhaps, decide on a Windows 8 computer.

Sorry if this has already been asked! Thanks a bunch for any help!
    Heya! ^_^

Windows 8 CAN run MOST BL games. However it can get pretty finicky with them. Windows 7 is still a slightly safer bet at the moment, until Windows 8 can churn out some more compatibility things. Windows 8 was coded with a different core structure than Windows 7 (Which was an uber upgrade from Windows vista, which in itself was a core restructuring from Windows XP), so some programs or games that were programmed with only Single-Core or only 32-bit games may baulk.

The largest problem is actually older games, ones released before 2005-2008. The older games were coded using older graphics drivers (DirectX 9, for example) that aren't installed on Windows 8 OS's "Out of the Box". There is a lot of downloading of drivers and codec installs to get them to work.

It'll be a lot harder to find Windows 7 computers, especially new. But if you can find a good computer and possibly a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium (Or higher) you can install it and also reap the benefits.

As with most game installs, as long as you're in Japanese System Locale, installing your games into places OTHER than C:\Program Files\ (Like C:\Games\ for example), and keep a working copy of Daemon Tools Lite OR Virtual Clone Drive (Free!), then you should be set to go.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Akane Tsunemori (L9)Judal (L8)Alex Benedetto (L8)
    Shirotani Tadaomi (L8)Camus (L8)Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)
    Ren DM (L8)Jack Frost (L9)Riki (L3)
    Okay, so I can't quote on my phone but thanks! Follow up question about finding a copy of Windows 7. Are you suggesting I find a good Windows 8 computer and just install Windows 7?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast