aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi Save/Load Issue

I'm sure this question has been asked countless times, but I have no answer to fix it as of late.
    I installed TnC. Everything works. The patch is fine and the game runs smoothly.
    However, saving and loading freezes the game, and I'm forced to exit via task manager.
    I am running Windows 8.1 on a 64 bit system.
    Fuwanovel forums suggested I turn off "edit save file descriptions" in configurations, but that still does not do anything.
    Is there any other known way to fix this issue, or is it just impossible to play Togainu no Chi on a 64 bit Windows 8 system?
    I never had trouble installing this game on Windows 7, so it's very frustrating indeed to have to come back to this issue. ;__;

**EDIT: One person suggested opening another software while TnC is running, and it did indeed miraculously unfreeze it! It may be something to try for anyone else having this problem!
    Last edited by Tegamin; 03-28-2015 at 03:37 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Glad you got it working! ^^

Other suggestions include right-clicking on TnC in the taskbar, and opening the Task Manager, but don't do anything and let it sit (loading can take 2-5 min "idling", but it will work).

There's also the typical "Run as Administrator" + "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XPSP3" combo.

Windows 8/8.1 is very fickle with older games. ;;; I hope the new Windows 10 will work okay with games like this...