aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Haruka Nanase (young) (L2)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Rin Matsuoka (young) (L2)
    Nezumi (L3)Sion (L4)Aoba (L2)
    Lancer (L7)Kougami Shinya (L9)Ciel (L5)

Saving DMMD (not quicksave) & adjusting window size

For DRAMAtical Murder, does anyone know how move quicksaves to the Save Data section? I see three "Save Data Pages" but somehow can't save there. The quicksaves fill up pretty quickly and I can see a "Save" option when I select a specific quicksave but it is greyed out D: (see screenshot below)

dmmd.jpg

And where are the save files located? (Will be getting a new laptop soon )

Also does anyone know how to adjust the window size in windowed mode? I managed to change it from fullscreen to windowed in the Config section but the window is like 5 inches high and I can't make it bigger lol

(sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong place ^^")
    Thanks!
    Last edited by ClosetedYaoiFan; 04-27-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm having the same problem too. Hopefully we'll find a way soon.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetedYaoiFan View Post
    For DRAMAtical Murder, does anyone know how move quicksaves to the Save Data section? I see three "Save Data Pages" but somehow can't save there. The quicksaves fill up pretty quickly and I can see a "Save" option when I select a specific quicksave but it is greyed out D: (see screenshot below)

dmmd.jpg

And where are the save files located? (Will be getting a new laptop soon )

Also does anyone know how to adjust the window size in windowed mode? I managed to change it from fullscreen to windowed in the Config section but the window is like 5 inches high and I can't make it bigger lol

(sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong place ^^")
    Thanks!
    You aren't able to save manually in the Quicksave section, that's only for quickly opening the game to a certain point (e.g. at a choice; the game saves automatically at choices). To access the screen where you can Load and Save data, press D or go to the menu (press M) and select 'Save & Load'. (Could you show me a screenshot if for some reason you're not able to get to the Save & Load screen?)

To access/move your save files, you'll have to turn on hidden folders on your computer (tutorial here), then navigate to C:\Users\yourname\Appdata (this will have been the hidden folder)\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\1.00. This is where all of your saves are stored. When you get your new laptop, reinstall the game and make a test save file in order to create the 1.00 folder, then move the old saves into that folder.

As for your window issue, I'm not sure what else that could be aside from a change in the resolution settings? If you're running on an older system, that could be the problem. I would see if it changes when you get your new laptop; until then you may have to stick with fullscreen mode.

Hope this helps!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Haruka Nanase (young) (L2)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Rin Matsuoka (young) (L2)
    Nezumi (L3)Sion (L4)Aoba (L2)
    Lancer (L7)Kougami Shinya (L9)Ciel (L5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laelius View Post
    You aren't able to save manually in the Quicksave section, that's only for quickly opening the game to a certain point (e.g. at a choice; the game saves automatically at choices). To access the screen where you can Load and Save data, press D or go to the menu (press M) and select 'Save & Load'. (Could you show me a screenshot if for some reason you're not able to get to the Save & Load screen?)

To access/move your save files, you'll have to turn on hidden folders on your computer (tutorial here), then navigate to C:\Users\yourname\Appdata (this will have been the hidden folder)\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\1.00. This is where all of your saves are stored. When you get your new laptop, reinstall the game and make a test save file in order to create the 1.00 folder, then move the old saves into that folder.

As for your window issue, I'm not sure what else that could be aside from a change in the resolution settings? If you're running on an older system, that could be the problem. I would see if it changes when you get your new laptop; until then you may have to stick with fullscreen mode.

Hope this helps!
    wow thank you so much for the comprehensive answer! I did end up finding out how to save XD I'll let you know how moving the save files goes if anyone else happens to be reading this thread. And yes my PC is around 7 years old, monitor res is 1680 x 1050 which seems pretty standard. dunno.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Could you tell me how to save my data

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The window of game just close

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGin View Post
    Could you tell me how to save my data
    Hello people, I have finally put the game on my computer, but every time I try to save, quick save or normal save, and I click, the game crush and then just close. I don't know what to do. Please somebody help me!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Persie View Post
    Hello people, I have finally put the game on my computer, but every time I try to save, quick save or normal save, and I click, the game crush and then just close. I don't know what to do. Please somebody help me!
    Hello Persie!

To better help, would you be able to tell us what kind of system you are running? Is it Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Sometimes you need to run the game in "Administrator" mode, so that things can save properly. This can be done by Right-clicking on the Dramatical Murder icon, and selecting the option marked "Run as Administrator".

When the game is running, if you get a chance, change the game to Windowed mode (Not full screen) and have a look at the title on the window. Does it say, "ver1.10" or "ver1.0"? There was a game patch to fix some issues with the game, so make sure you have applied this fix.

If you have patched the game to "ver1.10", then you might need to fix something... If you've never been able to save, this might help you. Click on "Start" button, then in the text-box at the bottom of the Start menu that appears, copy and paste this text: %appdata%\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\

This will open the folder where the save-files are for the game. Delete the folder called "1.00" and try running the game again (In Administrator mode), and saving. Does this help?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you

Thank you so much! I finally know how to save on dmmd ;-;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Newbie and not sure....but help?

So sorry if I'm not posting this in the right way or place but very new to this site

But I just recently got DMMD on my laptop and played until my second decision and straight after that I wasn't able to right click or press the M key to get into the menu.
    I'm using windows ten and it's ver1.00, it was working perfect up until then... can anyone help me?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChik View Post
    So sorry if I'm not posting this in the right way or place but very new to this site

But I just recently got DMMD on my laptop and played until my second decision and straight after that I wasn't able to right click or press the M key to get into the menu.
    I'm using windows ten and it's ver1.00, it was working perfect up until then... can anyone help me?

Hello ChibiChik! ^_^ Welcome to Aarinfantasy!

When you "got" DRAMAtical Murder, did you follow any guides to install it, in a step-by-step fashion? Or was it just one folder that you downloaded and played from?

I assume you're also playing it in English, and are you using a crack to play it?

The English patch for DMMd requires the Version 1.10 patch to have been installed before the English patch. It's possible you don't have the update 1.10 patch, but before we get too far... Would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder where you installed/downloaded DMMd, saving it on your computer, and upload it to the forums to show us?

It should look something like mine...

dmmd_install_files.png

Pay attention to the filesizes and the amount of files in your folder. ^^

Thanks!