aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Exclamation Sweet Pool: Wont start the game?

Hello, I am new to VN's and this website. I found a few old threads on the topic, but I used a different torrent and I am on windows 8 so the advice did not seem to work for me.... I tried to install the older torrent file but I ran into quite a few issues and could not get it to work. Then I found this more recent torrent, which seems to have the patch installed already and pre-swapped out the .exe.

I am running windows 8.1 and I do have the japanese language pack installed.

I downloaded the game, and this is what the folder looks like after I extract the files from the zip:

1.jpg

I can open the app, but the start button just reloads the start screen...
    2.jpg

The load scree will appear but there are no load files...
    3.jpg

The config button is a dead end, the exit button wont work. All I can do from here is quit...
    4.jpg

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Or knows how to solve this issue?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello mazotori!

Thanks for providing me with information about your computer and how you got the game. As it stands, there could be a few reasons why the game isn't working for you...

Firstly, You did mention you have the "Japanese language pack installed", but do you have your System Locale set to Japanese? This doesn't mean the computer will be in Japanese, it will just allow Japanese to be see in programs besides the Internet. It's a mandatory step for playing Japanese Visual Novels.

(Here's a link on how to set it up: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...ml#post4219281 )

Secondly, I noticed in the first screenshot that there is a file called "Original nss.npa". This file should actually be called "nss.npa". The patching system for Nitro+ games uses the original files, but can apply patches if there's an extra file with the same name, but with the name "-patch" added to it. In this case, "nss.npa" and "nss-patch.npa". Try renaming that file and trying again.

Lastly, if the above doesn't work, I wonder where did you put those files once they were downloaded? Did you leave them in your download folder, or did you move the Sweet Pool folder somewhere else?

If you did move the files, where did you move them to? Sometimes the folder they're in is what's preventing the game from working, like if they're in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder. I usually keep my VN's in a folder somewhere like: C:\Games\[...]\ So that it's easier to patch files, or if an older game saves files in the same folder as the program.

If you did NOT move the files, please make sure you've closed your torrenting program before playing the game. Keeping the torrent running while playing actually LOCKS the files, and the game will have problems reading them.

Please let me know how your testing went! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Talking Thank You

Hello,

Thank you so much.

It turns out I didn't have the language settings set up properly, so I followed the instructions in the link you sent. That seems to have fixed the issue.

Mazotori

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    That's great! ^^

Glad it's working now, hope you enjoy!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I'm having a problem with the game, as well. I noticed that it would start crashing after I tried to load my save-data. I was looking around with the files and was going to try just opening the Japanese original to try and play it that way but I think I opened the wrong file. It pretended like it was going to open the game and then it was a blank screen. Anyways, I went back to the original .exe file and started to run the game. The speed was really fast and there was no sound. I went to look at my save files and there was only one random save file. I've heard that there have been issues with the patial patch that is currently out. Should I just wait for the complete patch to come out? I'm perfectly ok with doing that, I appreciate you guys so much for doing this. I'm getting so hooked into the game but I can be patience.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Yashiro STWH (L9)Motomi TnC(L2)
    (S040) RyoumaImagase (L8)Gunji (L6)
    (S041) IzumiTakano (L3)Zero (L8)
    I have no idea about the speeding up and stuff, but it's a known issue that after a certain point of the game some part of the game data becomes corrupted, and while you can save, you are not able to load the save data. Most people just ignored this and used skip and nitroskip to try out the rest of the choices, though it is a bit annoying since it happens quite early in the game. (Those earlier saves will still work.)

My savefiles are in C:Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/NitroplusCHiRAL/sweet pool in Win7.
    I think AppData folder is hidden.

Anyway, I recently had to do a reinstall of the game, and guess what happened. The old save files started working. I did not play the game through the "magical breaking point" anymore, I just grabbed some screenshots here and there, so I don't know if they would stop working again if I played the game through properly.

But if the game has gone crazy, I'd always suggest a reinstall, it's not really a big deal.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Thanks, I'll try a re-install. I went ahead and switched over to Togainu no Chi so maybe by the time I finish that the full patch will be out.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Yashiro STWH (L9)Motomi TnC(L2)
    (S040) RyoumaImagase (L8)Gunji (L6)
    (S041) IzumiTakano (L3)Zero (L8)
    That's a good choice too. Another excellent game and while the partial patch is very much playable, the final one will surely be better. I think I will most likely replay the game then.