aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi crash/error/freeze

Hi, firstly - sorry for bad English. ^^'
    So, the problem - game freezes after that line: "Their mistakes meant that the briefly glimpsed light of the future was about to be swallowed in darkness." Music quiets, screen is black and game dosen't response. I have to close it with task manager. The only problem I had with the installation is the one with English patch.
    First, second, third (click!).
    Beside those errors, everthing went well. I note that I probably can't redownload and reinstall it, my internet won't let me. Thanks for any help.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Hallucinatie! ^_^

If you still have the installation files, then you won't need to redownload it.

You're actually experiencing an error because the game was installed into the default location. (C:\Program Files\NitroplusCHiRAL\)

You will need to uninstall TnC, then re-install it in a different location. (EX: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\)

The reason is, Windows doesn't let programs alter, edit, or save when they are in the Program Files location. For Visual Novels, especially older ones that save their saved game files in the same install directory, and their patches, it's a good idea to install them elsewhere, so that you can make changes.

Once you uninstall then reinstall TnC into a new directory (NOT Program Files!), you should then be able to run the patch again without problems.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I didn't notice someone replied in this topic, sorry. ;-;-;-;-;-; I re-installed TNC and patch and nope, game still freezes at the same place. ;-; But thanks for helping. :3

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm!

Maybe your best bet is to download a pre-patched English version?

When your internet will let you, you can find it here:
    Togainu no Chi - Fuwanovel - Translated Visual Novels

It is in a torrent, so you will need to have a torrent program. After it's done downloading, MOVE it to a different folder (like C:\Games\Togainu no Chi\ or wherever) And then try playing it.

I forgot that this link isn't a 100% english patch. Erm...

Where did you reinstall Togainu no Chi?
    Last edited by Kojichan; 10-03-2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: mistake

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

In a new folder, C:\Visual Novels.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Sorry for the late reply!

Could you take a screenshot of the freeze, please? ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

...Well, the problem is I can't screenshot this. .-. Just... What. XD I screenshoted the text that is the last line before freezing and wow, I want to screenshot black window and there's only that screenshot with "Their mistakes (...)". ;-;

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

That's okay then! Instead, I'll show you a list of the files in my Togainu no Chi folder. If possible, please check the filesizes of my files compared to yours.

togainu_no_chi_files.png

Also note in the URL bar, that the last folder name is in JAPANESE. If your last folder name doesn't look like that (Where TnC is installed), that might be the error...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Everything, except script.pak.bak file (mine was script (2).pak), was the same, so I changed the name of this file and tried again - with no positive results, still freezes in the same place. :c The name was in Japanese, too.
    Update after few minutes - files with scripts had switched sizes, so I edited them and tried again... Boom, everything is the same. ;-; Damned laptop.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinatie View Post
    Everything, except script.pak.bak file (mine was script (2).pak), was the same, so I changed the name of this file and tried again - with no positive results, still freezes in the same place. :c The name was in Japanese, too.
    Update after few minutes - files with scripts had switched sizes, so I edited them and tried again... Boom, everything is the same. ;-; Damned laptop.
    The file sizes are wrong?

Could you take a screenshot of your folder where it was installed? If possible, try to include the URL bar in the picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast