aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Togainu no Chi

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kisa (L3)Dark Mousy (L7)Aidou (L3)
    Hiroki (L4)Akira (L1)Pray for Japan
    Genesis (L5)Sakuya (L5)Kaoru (L6)

Togainu no Chi

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this but I was playing the Togainu no Chi game with the english patch and everything was working fine but as soon as I got to a certain part of the game the patch stops working and there is just dots for text with some japanese under it. Is there any way to fix this? I've included a picture of it:

togainu.JPG

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    OK! Two things...

#1, make sure your System Locale is set to Japanese.

#2, did you install Togainu no Chi into the default location? (C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\) If you did, then the language suddenly changing can happen. A remedy is to (first copy out your save files to a safe location), uninstall, then re-install TnC in a different location. (I have a folder for all my games, C:\Games\, I install everything there. C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ for example.)

Windows is actually very picky with this game, it's old, and it saves it's saves in the same folder it was installed to. Windows hates this, so it's generally a good idea to install games in a different location. It helps make them easier to patch, and prevents stupid Windows issues like this one. o_O

Lastly, maybe could you post a screenshot of the folder where TnC is installed, along with the filesizes so we can compare files to make sure they're all fine?