aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Barnaby (L2)CybermanHowl (L3)
    Nezumi (L8)Iason (L4)Mello (L4)
    Steve Rogers (L9)Satsuki (L9)

Sweet Pool problems?

Hey, sorry if this has been answered, but I searched a lot for this, didn't find anything though...
    I downloaded the game, installed it, replaced the .exe, everything - it should work. I have TnC installed, too, and that did work fine, but whenever I try to run Sweet Pool, I keep getting an error message of something about Direct3D.
    i_dont_understand_this.jpg
    I remember I had this game installed before, and it did load (I didn't play it though, but I remember that the title screen was fine ^^') but the translation wasn't done yet, so I ended up uninstalling it, but I can't recall if this was before or after I switched from XP to Win 7...
    I have a pretty old computer though - hp compaq nx9020, but is there a solution to this problem besides buying a new computer? I even went to Microsoft's website, but I couldn't find an answer. I really would like to play this game, so if anyone got ideas, please let me know!
    (Sorry if I missed something/have a very bad English/etc)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    Hey, sorry if this has been answered, but I searched a lot for this, didn't find anything though...
    I downloaded the game, installed it, replaced the .exe, everything - it should work. I have TnC installed, too, and that did work fine, but whenever I try to run Sweet Pool, I keep getting an error message of something about Direct3D.
    i_dont_understand_this.jpg
    I remember I had this game installed before, and it did load (I didn't play it though, but I remember that the title screen was fine ^^') but the translation wasn't done yet, so I ended up uninstalling it, but I can't recall if this was before or after I switched from XP to Win 7...
    I have a pretty old computer though - hp compaq nx9020, but is there a solution to this problem besides buying a new computer? I even went to Microsoft's website, but I couldn't find an answer. I really would like to play this game, so if anyone got ideas, please let me know!
    (Sorry if I missed something/have a very bad English/etc)
    Hello Hattie! ^_^

Sweet Pool does run in Windows 7, as I can run it fine.

It is very likely that the DirectX Drivers are out-of-date on your old computer, so if you click here: Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center and click the big red "Download" button, you can download an installer that will help update your drivers to make sure you have the proper version of DirectX.

If DirectX says your drivers are up to date, you could try running the game in Compatability mode. (Right-click on the program file, and select "properties", then in the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run in compatibility mode for..." and select "Windows XP SP3".

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you very much - didn't work, though. Is it possible to mess this up? I downloaded that thing you said & ran it, and it was like everything's fine, but the problem still showed up. I restarted my computer, and I tried compatability mode, but it's like nothing changed ._.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    Thank you very much - didn't work, though. Is it possible to mess this up? I downloaded that thing you said & ran it, and it was like everything's fine, but the problem still showed up. I restarted my computer, and I tried compatability mode, but it's like nothing changed ._.

I have a question, have you tried running DRAMAtical Murder? If you've tried playing this game on your current computer and it works, then it might be the Sweet Pool installation that might be a problem.

But if DMMd is also causing this error message, then it might actually be your Video Card drivers that need updating.

... Ah, I just searched your computer, and it's actually a business laptop.

If it really looks like this one:
    100_433_01.jpg

Then, I'm really sad to say, but Sweet Pool and anything newer may not work on that one; they're just too new for it and it cannot handle them. The CPU isn't fast/powerful enough, the Graphics Card most likely will not support DirectX 9.0c, and the memory won't be enough. T___T I'm really sorry.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post

I have a question, have you tried running DRAMAtical Murder? If you've tried playing this game on your current computer and it works, then it might be the Sweet Pool installation that might be a problem.

But if DMMd is also causing this error message, then it might actually be your Video Card drivers that need updating.

... Ah, I just searched your computer, and it's actually a business laptop.

If it really looks like this one:
    100_433_01.jpg

Then, I'm really sad to say, but Sweet Pool and anything newer may not work on that one; they're just too new for it and it cannot handle them. The CPU isn't fast/powerful enough, the Graphics Card most likely will not support DirectX 9.0c, and the memory won't be enough. T___T I'm really sorry.
    I'm sorry - and thank you for trying to help! Sadly, I actually have this laptop; and I knew it doesn't run everything; but I'm actually really embarrassed right now ^^' I'm trying to get a better one tho And again, thank you!