aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I'm slow, as well. Albiet, I don't have to type out the Kanji by hand as I can copy the text from the script, then paste it into my Japanese Word Processor. That's so much easier than trying to identify the kanji. The strokes can be difficult to count...

And as for outright officially translating it... ehh... ^^;; It's more of a "for poops and giggles" thing.. I'm saving the script to external files until I manage to figure out a method for doing it more efficiently.

Hmm, to explain... It's not quite like TnC. I'm not 100% sure what it's code structure is like, but based on other Nitro+CHiRAL games, I'm going to say it's not like that at all.

And I made an error with my previous assumption. Kaitou Jade is easier than the Code Geass NDS game in some aspects, as you can define how big a block of data is and not worry too much about the rest of the code being offset. All the text is toward the end of the file, so you can "bloat" that a bit. The CG game actually doesn't have set block sizes, but 2-byte codes that are run, in-order.

If this game is like the CG game, then I can use the Shift-JIS Unicode blocks (Which take 2 bytes per character), and split them up to have two Ascii characters, as Ascii characters are 1 byte.

For example, the Kanji: 私 (Watashi). That takes 2 bytes of Hex code, even though it's 1 character. So if there are 20 characters of Kanji/Katakana/Hirigana, then I can effectively have 40 characters of text to use.

Also unlike Kaitou, the CG game has offsets that are affected by how big some data is, so you have to adjust them to fit properly.

Ah well.. I derailed the original topic of this thread. I do apologise.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It doesn't work for me , I follow your steps and when I click jade.exe , a black window showed up and shut down immediately but I can manage to see the text , it is written "this program is to big for your memory" .

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by nhocnhunnhay View Post
    It doesn't work for me , I follow your steps and when I click jade.exe , a black window showed up and shut down immediately but I can manage to see the text , it is written "this program is to big for your memory" .
    What version of Windows do you have? And, what are your System's Specs? (CPU speed, # of CPU cores, how much Memory (Ram) and how much Disk-Space (Hard Drive) In total, and how much FREE space?)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

OK. I know the work-around I wrote about is a hassle, so I've fixed it.

Here's a new EXE I whipped up that plays the game WITHOUT A CD automatically (No patch!) and doesn't require the STEC3.sys file. Just drop it in the same folder as the game, and play it! It's "jade_alt.exe". It'll work.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/5nURMR5Xba/jade.html

Although there is a small graphical glitch with the background of the text-box (it's transparent when it's not supposed to be), I've made an image patch to fix this (and translate the options menu into English. So win/win!)

English Graphic patch: jade04 - Download - 4shared - Kojiro Sasaki

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123