aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Turning off the Anti-Virus didn't work for me But aside from not being able to save, I went to youtube to watch some of the good ends and I noticed that the game crashes everytime we are supposed to make a choice. That's also why I was able to watch all the bad endings, since there's no choice to make. But then this means this error is in the English patch, right? ;;

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Aoba (L2)Aoba (L12)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoratoYume View Post
    Turning off the Anti-Virus didn't work for me But aside from not being able to save, I went to youtube to watch some of the good ends and I noticed that the game crashes everytime we are supposed to make a choice. That's also why I was able to watch all the bad endings, since there's no choice to make. But then this means this error is in the English patch, right? ;;
    Yikes, looks like it might be, though the thing is I worked with a pirated copy for a few months without any problems (had both Japanese and English saves) before switching to an official one, along with a few other crew members too. Yet none of this happened during the beta testing, so at the moment I'm a bit more inclined to believe it might be the game itself/faulty install? For what it's worth, I had a similar problem with Togainu no Chi at the time where one version I downloaded wasn't working correctly at all, and it was only until I downloaded another version did I get it to run without problem.

A few suggestions:
    - Is your computer always on? If yes try restarting it and running the game again.
    - Do you run the crack as an Admin?
    - Try using a fresh crack file
    - If none of the above work, uninstall the game, then try downloading/installing another version of it (not the same one you currently have)

Out of curiosity, where did you get your game?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Heh, looks like OtomeDream is the name of a fan forum for ladies in China, and is possibly the dumper of Nitro+Chiral stuff. They maybe tagged the executables.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Aoba (L2)Aoba (L12)
    But then the problem would be widespread? Atm I haven't seen nearly as many reports about this to possibly pin the blame on the Chinese (lol)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

XD I wouldn't exactly BLAME the Chinese, hahaha. Oh, hey, found a forum post that confirms that OtomeDream is a kinda ... niche group.
    Download Otome Games mega thread [MF] - Page 2

Anyway.... I've seen a few people mention this around Google, a couple of times about the original DMMd, hang on a sec....

Otomedream not working? (SOLVED) - Technical Issues & Feedback [Game/Site] - Fuwanovel
    (Someone said they fixed that crash by removing the version 1.0 save folder after they patched to version 1.1)

And someone else comments on this page (Scroll down, someone named "iza")
    DRAMAtical Murder Fan Translation 100% English Patch Released! | Visual Novel Aer

... There are many versions of games floating around that were dumped, it might just be some particular versions of the game that are floating around may be incompatible, maybe due to that tagging. I'll re-download the game here at work and snoop around the code. It might be a simple CHKSUM problem. *shrugs*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

RocketBasement, I got the game from here , the torrent file! But I was using a crack my friend gave me, so I uninstalled and installed the Mediafire ones. And like you also suggested, I ran the file as an admin - though I had forgotten in the first time, I'm almost sure I tried it at least once and there was still an error, but I don't remember very well. (゜д゜; )
    But now it's working just fine, so thank you RocketBasement and Kojichan for the great help and patience!! I sure hope the others that are/were having the same problem find a solution soon, if they haven't yet ;;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi! I deleted the 1.0 save folder and its working again! Thank you so much
    How do I patch to version 1.1 though? :c Its not on the dmmd re:connect download thread.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeWitch View Post
    Hi! I deleted the 1.0 save folder and its working again! Thank you so much
    How do I patch to version 1.1 though? :c Its not on the dmmd re:connect download thread.
    Hello!

Actually, only DRAMAtical Murder has a Verion 1.10. DMMd re:connect only has a Version 1.0. There is no need for a patch! Enjoy the game!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ginoza (L8)Kamui (L7)(S003) Lelouch
    Shiki (L2)Akira TnC (L9)Nano (L5)
    (S015) EwonKonoe (L2)Aoba (L2)
    Hello, I know this might be a bit too late, but for those who still encounter with this problem in 2021 like me (lol) , this method may help. (the same from the reply above)

Quote Originally Posted by chibievil View Post
    I had that problem in reconnect and here is how I solved it. This is what I posted in another thread. DON'T do it if you don't want to restart the game.

"I had the problem where that message popped up. I eventually fixed it by going to
    C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect
    and deleting(or moving somewhere else) the 1.00 folder. It pretty much means there is no previous data for the game to load and it has to start over? The AppData file is hidden, so you need to turn on show hidden files."

Though for this you should go to C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder instead.
    This way you have to remove your save files, which I didn't want to so I tried this and that and found a way to somehow kept your save files.

1. Go to C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect , you'll find the 1.00 => move it to somewhere else (don't delete it!!), I will call this file 1.00-A.

2. Restart the game again, it should work, though you'll have to rewatch the opening movie again. => after you reach the title screen, go take a look at C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect , there should be a new 1.00 folder, let's call it 1.00-B, and then just exit the game for now.

3. Move the folder 1.00-B to somewhere else (don't delete it!!)

4. Drag the folder 1.00-A to C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect again

5. Double click the folder 1.00-A , there're folders name common and images , and some other folders named with 4 number which are supposed to be your save files.

6.Double click the folder 1.00-B, there should be the same 2 folders with the same name (common and images)

7. After that open the folder name "common" of both 1.00-A and 1.00-B, there are file name cqst.npf and val.npf

8. Replace the cqst.npf of 1.00-A with 1.00-B's (the new one, which should have smaller size)

9. Restart the game, you save files should be there

I dunno if this can solve it permanently, after I restart the window it still works just fine, but at least if the same problem occurs again, theoretically we should be able to redo this method.
    As for now the only side effect I found was the CG menu took a little longer time to load. (not sure if it just my bias lol)\

sorry for the grammar , English is not my native language
    hope this help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12