aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Hug
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S030) VirusCastor (L3)Izaya (L3)
    (S027) Usami AkihikoAoba (L2)

Dramatical Murder reconnect installation problem

I'm installing dramatical murder reconnect using daemon tools but whenever i open it , it always says it's missing dx3dx9_42.dll . I really dont know how to solve this one.... please help
    Last edited by Hug; 10-28-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

o v o With dlls like that, generally you can do a simple search for them in google and retrieve it from a dll database. Lots of random dlls go missing for installs for just about everything, you know? To me, the name looks like a DirectX dll, so you probably just need to reinstall/update DirectX ooorrrr

d3dx9_42.dll free download - DLL-files.com

Try that! It's a pretty safe site. Just grab that and try plopping it in your DMMd re:connect main folder to see if that helps.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Going along with what Rosewynne suggested, you will need to download a DirectX 9 update.

You're running Windows 8, by the sounds of it, and by default it does not come with the version of DirectX 9 that the game requires.

If you do download the DLL by itself, you will need to figure out where to put it. It has to be in a specific Windows folder. Alternatively, and in case you need other DLL's, you can download the Package Installer directly from Microsoft here:

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center
    This is an installer for DirectX 9, and should help automate where to put the file, and also installs other DirectX 9 drivers in case DMMdre or other games require them. ^^ Hope these suggestions help!