aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical Murder English Patched Applied but text still in Japanese

Hey can anyone help me, I've installed the game and applied the English patch ect. ect. And when I boot up the game the menu and everything is in English, but when I actually start the game the text is still in Japanese. I have my Local set to Japanese and I have followed every step in the walkthrough that is provided but still no English text. Is anyone else having this problem? Can someone please help me, this is only the second visual novel I have installed and patched (First one was Togainu no chi which worked fine) so I'm quite new to this, any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so much for taking the time and a very big thank you to whoever worked hard to translate this game for us all! ;3
    Last edited by 455SinnyLove; 10-05-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi,
    how do you launch the game ? Maybe, you have the same problem I had before.
    I finally read in another tutorial that the person dragged the DMMd crack onto the "DMMd.exe", so did I and it worked. If it doesn't work, try the opposite (drag DMMd.exe onto the crack).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have the same problem as you. When I went back and checked the files, I found out that the "Video" folder copied correctly, but the files inside did not. Every time I try to paste those files, they don't appear. Maybe you have the same problem. If you fix it, I'd like to know how you did it!!!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Where did you install the game to? If you installed using a default path, it's usually someplace like...

C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect\

If this is the location that the game was placed, then you may be having problems patching the game. Windows doesn't like it when files are changed, altered, added or removed from installations in the C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ directories so you have to be signed in as an Administrator and authorize the changes.

Another alternative, which is the option I choose more often, is to install my games somewhere else. For example:

C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\

This allows me to freely edit, alter, move, add or remove files to the installation without problems.

Also, keep in mind the "Videos" folder in the English patch does NOT need to exist in the installation folder. you are supposed to copy the files FROM there and put them into the \dx\ folder instead.

dmmdre_install_files.png
    This is what your DMMdrc folder should look like with the English Patch installed. Verify the file-sizes as well to make sure it installed correctly. You may have to switch the view of the folder to "Detailed List".

Good luck! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I installed everything correctly and all the files are in order and i pasted the patches to the dx folder but I am having this issue

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by lunatails01 View Post
    I installed everything correctly and all the files are in order and i pasted the patches to the dx folder but I am having this issue
    Hello lunatails01!

Actually, the only files that go in the DX folder are the VIDEO files. Everything else goes in the same directory as the main EXE.

So... "nss-patch.npa" and "cg-patch.npa" need to be beside their counterparts... "nss.npa" and "cg.npa". ^^

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

DS_001_right(S036) Kaneki Ken(S014) Keisuke
    (S026) Kei Yamashiro(S006) Klaus(S045) Noiz
    Mink (L4)Aoba (L2)(S044) Shirotani Tadaomi
    So I finally got the game to open properly but I'm still having issues with the patch even after trying all the tips and tutorials I could find. It appears the game doesn't open once I put the nss-patch.npa into the folder. I tested it with just the videos and the cg-patch.npa and it opens fine. When I try to open the game the screen closes after a few moments. Any ideas as to why this isn't working?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by FeedthisMachine View Post
    So I finally got the game to open properly but I'm still having issues with the patch even after trying all the tips and tutorials I could find. It appears the game doesn't open once I put the nss-patch.npa into the folder. I tested it with just the videos and the cg-patch.npa and it opens fine. When I try to open the game the screen closes after a few moments. Any ideas as to why this isn't working?
    How large is the filesize of "nss-patch.npa" ? It should be 1,778 KB (1.73 MB or 1,820,672 bytes in the properties window).

Also, would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder where DMMd is installed, please? ^^

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

DS_001_right(S036) Kaneki Ken(S014) Keisuke
    (S026) Kei Yamashiro(S006) Klaus(S045) Noiz
    Mink (L4)Aoba (L2)(S044) Shirotani Tadaomi
    Thank you for your reply. I did figure it out. The game download I had was a torrent with the update 1.10 so I figured the patch doesn't work with it. I'm glad I was right to find a new one.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

HALP!

Hey, so my problem is slightly different. I've downloaded the english patch twice, and it worked both times, but when I start the game, no text appears in my text box. Screenshot (1).jpgCan someone help? Tks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast