aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Koujaku (L6)X Standard (Black)Aoba (L2)
    Wing 1 (Left)Heart 4 (Icy)Wing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Sol Badguy (L9)X Classic Italics (Black)

DRAMAtical Murder: Silent Oath: blank screen

So I recently got a hold of a copy of DRAMAtical Murder and haven't had any problems installation or gameplay wise... or at least I didn't until I got to the segment of the game where Aoba retires back to his room after having dinner with Tae-san and then attempts to play Silent Oath for the first time in the Common route.

The message from the princess is shown, however, when the title logo for Silent Oath is to supposedly pop up, it remains blank. The game itself doesn't freeze as I can enter and exit the menu just fine but there's no BGM; just SE.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.
    I also uploaded some screenshots to show the problem and the root folder.

DMMdSS01.jpg DMMdSS02.jpg DMMdSS03.jpg
    dx folder SS: http://imageshack.us/a/img823/2637/f82q.png

Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. m( _ _ )m
    Last edited by Aicara; 09-05-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: 4th image / dx folder SS too large for full view.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Not sure if you've fixed this or not... but I have a suggestion.

Those Silent Oath game segments are actually video files that are played.

If you check out the DX folder, look for files that contain the word "DOT" in them, those are the Silent Oath game videos. Believe it or not, the NGS file is actually just an MPEG file. If you rename the NGS files to MPEG you can play those video files in Windows Media Player.

Now, here's the thing... If Windows Media Player CANNOT play those files, then you're missing the video codec that plays those files. That may be why you cannot progress as the game is waiting for that "video" to end it's playback.

Try downloading the CCCP pack (Combined Community Codec Project) and try again: CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ichimatsu Matsuno (L4)Yamato (L2)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Riku (L8)Squall (L6)
    Conrad (L3)Jyushimatsu Matsuno (L5)Kida (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Not sure if you've fixed this or not... but I have a suggestion.

Those Silent Oath game segments are actually video files that are played.

If you check out the DX folder, look for files that contain the word "DOT" in them, those are the Silent Oath game videos. Believe it or not, the NGS file is actually just an MPEG file. If you rename the NGS files to MPEG you can play those video files in Windows Media Player.

Now, here's the thing... If Windows Media Player CANNOT play those files, then you're missing the video codec that plays those files. That may be why you cannot progress as the game is waiting for that "video" to end it's playback.

Try downloading the CCCP pack (Combined Community Codec Project) and try again: CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
    I'm actually having a similar problem as Aicara but the logo for Silent Oath did appear. And like, Aicara, it's stuck. I tried changing it to MPEG and I did view it on both Windows Media Player and the Classic Media Player. It has worked (mostly since I DO have the most recent CCCP pack downloaded and saved on my computer) but it's still stuck on the screen. Here's what it looks like:

rfo4kogff43.jpg

I apologize for bumping up this old thread but I've been having difficulty installing this game in the first place and I'm just really sick of the bugs. u_u;;;

Edit: Okay. So I just started a new game, and once it got to the RPG part, it ran fine. Maybe it's just a bug but I'd recommend trying that. Also, the text was on AUTO and I skipped towards that part. Maybe that's something to consider? Anyway, I hope this will help other people.
    Last edited by LilyChan; 03-18-2014 at 02:17 AM. Reason: i think it's fixed?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Weird! Well, I'm glad you got it working! Have fun! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ichimatsu Matsuno (L4)Yamato (L2)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Riku (L8)Squall (L6)
    Conrad (L3)Jyushimatsu Matsuno (L5)Kida (L4)
    Thanks. ^^; I was really worried about it!