aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi - Save/Load not working

I've completely downloaded the game no problem. Everything works great until I try to save or load (basically when I get to the screen). When I do one of those things the game freezes and won't let me do anything D: Is there anything I can do or undo in order for me to save and play the game correctly?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Akira TnC (L9)(S014) Keisuke
    Reo Niiboshi (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Mabu Akutsu (L8)
    Heart 3 (Pink)Heart 3 (Pink)
    Could you give us some more details? Are you playing with the English patch, are you in Japanese locale, what system are you running, etc.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I am playing with the English patch and I am in the Japanese locale. I'm actually using Windows 8 OS but it's running in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Akira TnC (L9)(S014) Keisuke
    Reo Niiboshi (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Mabu Akutsu (L8)
    Heart 3 (Pink)Heart 3 (Pink)
    Hmm, I don't have Windows 8. :/ I have seen other people having issues with Windows 8 in the past but I'm not familiar. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Len (L9)Aoba (L2)Levi SnK (L7)
    Haruka Nanase (L6)Sebastian (L6)Shiki (L9)
    Keisuke TnC (L1)Yukimura SB (L1)Kiriwar TnC (L6)
    Just like how older nitro games (Sweet Pool, Lamento, etc.,) don't work on Windows 7, perhaps TNC is too outdated for Windows 8. I have windows 7 and it works properly. Have you tried running it as vista or 7?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no chi is actually not compatible with windows 8, which is why you're encountering this problem.

An easy fix is to right-click the .exe file and select "troubleshoot compatibility."

Untitled-1.png

then select the "try recommended settings" option and it will suggest these settings with the windows xp service pack
    Untitled-2.png

just click next and your game will run smoothly from here on out, no more freezing up, problem solved!^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I think it's a problem with Windows 8 because I have tried everything (including the solutions mentioned above) and it still doesn't work. seems like I'll have to play without saving. well I guess it could be worse

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

i also play it in window 8
    it also freeze when i save but actually you just have to wait for a few second or maybe a few minute, it will work again

*sorry, if my english is bad

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by watanuki View Post
    i also play it in window 8
    it also freeze when i save but actually you just have to wait for a few second or maybe a few minute, it will work again

*sorry, if my english is bad

I've known some people who can "Fix" this by installing Togainu no Chi somewhere else instead of the default installation folder, AND disabling the "Save File Description" boxes. It seemed to be something with the dialogue boxes that caused some issues. Regrettably, it is something that doesn't appear to be fixable. Or until I get Windows 8 myself to test with... Muwhaha.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aoba (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Konoe (L2)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Tyki (L6)Hibari (L9)
    Vincent (L8)Itachi (L5)Gokudera (L8)
    Urgh, I have this problem too. At least I still have my old Win 7 Dual Core laptop in my drawer somewhere but it'd have been nice to play with my new laptop. Wonder if they'll ever actually fix Win 8 properly.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast