aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by xMyuuchanx View Post
    The game always crash on my Windows 8 (64 bit) after I try to save/load. The screen would just freeze and I could only close the application by force through task manager. Anyone manage to make it work flawlessly on Windows 8? I've tried to run it under XP/Win7 compability but still it didn't work.
    I've got the same problem. Windows 8 (64 bit) and working up to the point where i want to save/load something. Also at a certain point I can't do anything anymore. According to my task-manager the game is still running as it should I can still close it like normal and the sound works but i just can't click any further. It's like I'm stuck at this certain point of Akiras monologue.
    Unbenannt.png
    Beside the other problem am I just being too stupid or did I do something wrong?
    Help!
    This is the first BL game that worked so far on my PC and now I'm stuck at this point of the game.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    I have a solution for those of you with Windows 8 x64 woes.

First, at the title screen, go to config. You'll see this dialog.

toga.png

See that ticked box? UNTICK THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

Now, the game won't 'hang' when you save anymore. However, it will still appear to hang whenever you load, and when you first get out of the OP into Akira's monologue. This, it seems, is because Nitro's CD check is instancing in weird ways Windows 8 did not anticipate.

To solve this, follow these steps carefully : First, after the game 'hangs', right click on the game icon in the taskbar. Then left click on the game as the little tooltip-ish menu pops up (the one that has 'pin this to taskbar' on it, but click on the game name instead). The CD check will load. Now, QUICKLY left-click on the game icon on the taskbar then right-click on the window that contains the game itself, instead of the CD check.

The game will come back to life and you can continue playing. It might hiccup as the CD check finishes doing its thing, but it will not 'hang'.

It's an inelegant solution, yes, but it works. If this sounds like a pain in the butt, you might want to try installing a virtual machine with WinXP. If you decide thus, I recommend Virtualbox. It's actually pretty painless, though getting everything to work right might require a bit of reading.

NOTE : I tested this on a 'clean' copy of the game. IDK if this solution would work with the English patch, as I don't use it.
    Last edited by snowgoose; 03-25-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Soah (L8)Ai Enma (L8)Ginshu (L10)
    Yata Misaki (L11)Kougami Shinya (L8)Makishima (L8)
    Kasuga SB (L1)Lightning (L8)Axel (L10)

@snowgoose; It works with the English patched game! Thank you so much for the solution! At least the game works now! I'm so happy! <3

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S052) Yuri KatsukiXmas (004)(S053) Victor Nikiforov
    Xmas (004)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Xmas (004)
    Ace (L5)Luffy (L9)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xahime View Post
    Same issue here. Running on Windows 7 (64-Bit), Japanese language pack installed.

Update:

1) Follow this step: http://www.coscom.co.jp/japanesefont...code_win7.html
    2) Reinstall the game.
    3) Enjoy. :P

Make sure to save your 'SAVE' folder (in the game directory) before you uninstall it and replace it afterwards when the game is reinstalled.

Edit 2:

After you reinstalled the game, your game directory should be correctly named "咎狗の血"instead of "™é‹ç‚ÌŒŒ".

the game hangs the exact same place for me!
    I'm using windows xp currently (and the english patch)
    can someone help me with this please? the link above is broken (and I can't get a window 8 according to snowgoose solution)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S052) Yuri KatsukiXmas (004)(S053) Victor Nikiforov
    Xmas (004)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Xmas (004)
    Ace (L5)Luffy (L9)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    I could solve the problem (it was because I haven't had japanese language on my computer installed)
    go here Learn Japanese - How to Type Japanese click Installing and setting IME select your OS then follow all the steps (step1+3+option)
    if you done all the steps successfully you should be ale to read (see) japanese!
    after that re-install the game (don't forget to make a backup of your saves)
    Last edited by cloudica; 03-29-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
    I have a solution for those of you with Windows 8 x64 woes.

First, at the title screen, go to config. You'll see this dialog.

toga.png

See that ticked box? UNTICK THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

Now, the game won't 'hang' when you save anymore. However, it will still appear to hang whenever you load, and when you first get out of the OP into Akira's monologue. This, it seems, is because Nitro's CD check is instancing in weird ways Windows 8 did not anticipate.

To solve this, follow these steps carefully : First, after the game 'hangs', right click on the game icon in the taskbar. Then left click on the game as the little tooltip-ish menu pops up (the one that has 'pin this to taskbar' on it, but click on the game name instead). The CD check will load. Now, QUICKLY left-click on the game icon on the taskbar then right-click on the window that contains the game itself, instead of the CD check.

The game will come back to life and you can continue playing. It might hiccup as the CD check finishes doing its thing, but it will not 'hang'.

It's an inelegant solution, yes, but it works. If this sounds like a pain in the butt, you might want to try installing a virtual machine with WinXP. If you decide thus, I recommend Virtualbox. It's actually pretty painless, though getting everything to work right might require a bit of reading.

NOTE : I tested this on a 'clean' copy of the game. IDK if this solution would work with the English patch, as I don't use it.
    I'm using the english patch and this solution works! Thanks a bunch!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For me the soultion didn't work... and it's hang in both direction - I mean wheater I stay with Rin, or not. I have win 7, and using english patch, and i have no idea, what shuold i do Any tips? Please?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much for the solution, Snowgoose! I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. I had no idea it was my OS or how to fix it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)Mookyul (L9)Havi (L6)
    Shiki (L9)Giulio Di Bondone (L1)(S018) Iron Rose
    Masato (L7)Ryoumei (L1)Byakuya  (L3)

Windows 8 x 64 method that worked for me.

Sadly that didn't work for me However, I did find a method that worked for me on Windows 8 x 64.

I play in Full screen, but it works even if you play in windowed mode.
    NOTE 1: Make sure you do Uncheck ' edit save file descriptions' as mentioned above
    NOTE 2: If you play Full screen ... you HAVE to do step 1, otherwise it doesn't work!

If you play in full screen :
    1) Press 'F' to go into Windowed Mode
    2) Save or Load
    3) if it does freeze, hover over the game icon on your toolbar & right-click it.
    4) Your game window is now unfrozen!!
    5) Press 'F' to back into Full Screen Mode.

If you play in Windowed Mode:
    > Follow Steps 2-4

When you Right Click, you want to make sure the menu doesn't pop up (the one that says Restore, Close, etc.) Just right-click in a different spot if it comes up.

I hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by Epiphany; 10-04-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Is this still active?
    Because i can't still find a solution to my problem.
    No matter how many times I try to re-install the game even i have the japanese pack installed, it still crashes at the exact spot like​ irlgamer posted above.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast