aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post
    Yay

Well, if you are playing old N+C games (or any old games) such as Togainu no Chi and Lamento, then Yes, you need directX 9.0c
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocokitten View Post
    Really? Because I still don't have it, unless it's backwards compatible and Directx 12 can replace 9.
    But in any case, its running - so now I can use it for my Japanese studying. And everyone knows that yaoi is the best way to study a language.

DirectX 9.0c was a standard for many games, and when Windows 8 came out, it "wasn't there" by default, because the newest version of DirectX had been released (Direct X11). Theoretically, DirectX's are supposed to be backwards compatible--as with most programs that are upgradable, like internet browsers--however the release that came with Windows 8 "forgot" that some older DirectX 9 programs called specific DLL filenames to check for, and in order to run.

With Windows 10's release, I've noticed they've managed to "fix" that issue to some degree. It's far more backwards compatible with DirectX 9 games. In fact, I ran Togainu no Chi and DMMd perfectly fine without finding the DirectX 9.0c runtimes.

In short, make sure your DirectX is up-to-date, and it should take care of the issues for you. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi ^^
    I hope someone can help me here, because I got some problems installing the game. I have mounted the .iso file and started to install, but whenever I click install and shield wizard starts it stops right after and some -5001 error comes up or something.
    I have downloaded direcx so it is not a problem anymore, but I dont know what is it now. Please help T.T

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by duka003 View Post
    Hi ^^
    I hope someone can help me here, because I got some problems installing the game. I have mounted the .iso file and started to install, but whenever I click install and shield wizard starts it stops right after and some -5001 error comes up or something.
    I have downloaded direcx so it is not a problem anymore, but I dont know what is it now. Please help T.T
    Hello duka003! ^^

I don't suppose you could tell me the EXACT error number for Installshield? If not, no worries... I have an idea, and I hope you could try this.

First off, which version of Windows are you using? Windows 8 or 10?

Second, have you made sure your computer's SYSTEM Locale (Unicode) is set to Japan?

And lastly, which ISO mounting program are you using? If you're using DAEMON Tools Lite, especially the new one, there might be some issues like this. Which one are you using?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello duka003! ^^

I don't suppose you could tell me the EXACT error number for Installshield? If not, no worries... I have an idea, and I hope you could try this.

First off, which version of Windows are you using? Windows 8 or 10?

Second, have you made sure your computer's SYSTEM Locale (Unicode) is set to Japan?

And lastly, which ISO mounting program are you using? If you're using DAEMON Tools Lite, especially the new one, there might be some issues like this. Which one are you using?

the error message says:
    ">SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (469)
    pAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $10.50.0.125
    @windows (9200) BT_OTHER 55592.24"
    Then if I click ok it says error code -5001 and thing about emptiing temporary folders which I have did already, and also tried to rename installshield folder( I read it somewhere that it may help)

I have win8.1 and yes I have changed the unicode thing. And I think I got daemon tools lite 10, it was the first it offered me to download.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Try other mounting tool instead. Ex. Virtual Clone Drive

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I dowloaded an older version of DTL but still doesnt work, I tried to run it in compatibility mode, I already run compatibility whatever it offered to solve the problem, I tried to download VCD but it just doesnt do anything when I try to install, I tried to download Wincdemu but it doesnt install either. It seems nothing will help >< my pc is doomed.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by duka003 View Post
    I dowloaded an older version of DTL but still doesnt work, I tried to run it in compatibility mode, I already run compatibility whatever it offered to solve the problem, I tried to download VCD but it just doesnt do anything when I try to install, I tried to download Wincdemu but it doesnt install either. It seems nothing will help >< my pc is doomed.
    Oh my. Uhh, when using VCD, nothing happens when double clicking the setup? Nada, as in no screen?

Hmm, one other solution for you. Find the Fuwanovel version of DMMd which does not need any installation.

Edit: Oh wait, I googled the error you are having, it seems to be related to your OS. It might have corrupted files.

Please do this:

Instructions to Run System File Checker
    Last edited by monokuroe; 02-14-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I managed to find a version that doesnt need to install and its working ^^ thanks for your help *w*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S045) NoizGiulio Di Bondone (L1)Eren SnK (young) (L8)
    Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)Yuichiro Hyakuya (L7)Konoe (L2)
    (S036) Kaneki KenHideyoshi Nagachika (L9)Nano (L5)
    Im having problems with installing the game. After i mount it and double click to try and start installing the game i get a "Runtime Error" and it says that the application caused runtime to terminate it in an abnormal way. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiekuranyuuki View Post
    Im having problems with installing the game. After i mount it and double click to try and start installing the game i get a "Runtime Error" and it says that the application caused runtime to terminate it in an abnormal way. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Did you use Daemon Tools? Switch to other mounting application such as Virtual Clone Drive.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast