aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Dalonia

"Dramatical" Problem T_T

Hey, I'm also at a loss with installing the first Dramatical Murder game.

I downloaded all the zip parts from here, unzipped them as one with 7-zip, downloaded the patch and videos for the english version, changed my system locale and restarted and mounted it with MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD Manager. All nice and dandy until now, but when I open the installer and press install the window closes and nothing happens.

The very first time I tried this it said immediately that the game was installed incorrectly and if I want to continue or reinstall correctly, although I have never ever had DMMD on any computer (or any other Japanese game..). And I did the obvious for me and said reinstall and then it closed and that was the only time it did anything after I clicked "install" from the installer.

Anyone know what I should do to make the game work, please?
    Last edited by Dalonia; 04-01-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalonia View Post
    Hey, I'm also at a loss with installing the first Dramatical Murder game.

I downloaded all the zip parts from here, unzipped them as one with 7-zip, downloaded the patch and videos for the english version, changed my system locale and restarted and mounted it with MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD Manager. All nice and dandy until now, but when I open the installer and press install the window closes and nothing happens.

The very first time I tried this it said immediately that the game was installed incorrectly and if I want to continue or reinstall correctly, although I have never ever had DMMD on any computer (or any other Japanese game..). And I did the obvious for me and said reinstall and then it closed and that was the only time it did anything after I clicked "install" from the installer.

Anyone know what I should do to make the game work, please?

Hello Dalonia! DMMd uses a program called "Installshield" to install the game onto your computer, but a big problem that happens is when there's a driver "conflict", and it closes immediately without doing anything.

A good way to test if it really is the Installer that's the problem, is to browse the DMMd ISO DVD and try running it yourself.

DVD:\product\setup.exe

Try running that, if it closes immediately, then Installshield is being a butthead.

I honestly have never found a fix for this issue, but I have a few work-arounds that might help...

First, try disabling any antivirus software you're running and try again. Also try running the setup as administrator, just in case.

And lastly...
    Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie Download Sandboxie, and install it. You will need to restart the computer afterwards. What Sandboxie does, is it runs programs in a special way, to prevent "conflicts" with drivers, antivirus software, or other whatnot.

Once your computer restarts, re-mount the DMMd ISO, and navigate back to the "DVD:\product\setup.exe", right-click on it and select "Run in Sandboxie". It should now work.

Dalonia
    Hey, thanks for the swift reply! ^^

Should I even try installing Sandboxie if when I go to the product it says that it's not a valid Win32 app?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hey, thanks for the swift reply! ^^

Should I even try installing Sandboxie if when I go to the product it says that it's not a valid Win32 app?
    Hmm! That's something else entirely! o.o That means the file is corrupt... which means the ISO might not be 100% somewhere.

Is the ISO actually an ISO? If so, try opening it in 7-Zip. Go into the "Product" folder, and extract "setup.exe" anywhere (It'll be temporary).

If the file DOES NOT extract fine, it means the ISO is corrupt.

If it DOES extract fine, maybe try a different ISO Mounting program.

I have two, myself, in case one mounting program doesn't work awesomely. Mine are: Daemon Tools Lite, and Virtual CloneDrive. Both are free.

Try either of those two programs with the ISO again. Let us know how it goes!

Dalonia
    Hey, sorry for responding late, but I'm checking the thread in between a few Durarara episodes

I extracted the setup.exe from the product folder and is says "incorrect function" in 7-zip, but when I extract the DMMdSetup.exe from the first folder of the drive it works fine, I guess since it extracts some files.

Anyway, I'll try using Daemon tools after I finish this last episode, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it ^_^ and I hope I manage to play it at some point since I'm too much of a yaoi fan to miss out on THIS game

--------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE:

I tried to run the iso from the zipped files with Daemon tools and it also stops after I press "install".. I'm downloading the other Virtual CD thingy now...
    --------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE NO.2:

This computer/ game officially hates me... All 3 mounting programs have the same outcome of crashing after I hit "install" and saying that the setup.exe from the program file is not a valid Win32 app..

I even tried extracting the iso with 7-zip and the outcome of the files is the same as the mounted ones and it also acts the exact same way...
    Last edited by Dalonia; 04-02-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hey, sorry for responding late, but I'm checking the thread in between a few Durarara episodes

I extracted the setup.exe from the product folder and is says "incorrect function" in 7-zip, but when I extract the DMMdSetup.exe from the first folder of the drive it works fine, I guess since it extracts some files.
    [..snip..]

7-Zip is giving you errors when trying to extract files from the ISO? It sounds like the ISO is broken, then. You'll have to redownload, possibly.

You said you downloaded the files from here, but there are many people who have copies of it uploaded.

Here is a link to one on MEGA filesharing, so it should be easier to download.

It also has the english patch, Version 1.10 update patch, the No-Code patch and a video on how to install it.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!v9wTVCwI!EJAz81V62Gdxymazb5U2Rg

You can use MEGA like a folder in windows, so if you click on the top file, then hold SHIFT, then click on the last file, it will let you "select" all the files, so you can download them all at once.

At the top, a download button will show up, click on it and select "Standard Download". It will then download all the files for you, and verify the integrity of each one to make sure they're not corrupt before you can try again.

I'm really sorry about this run around, but sometimes the symptoms of problems sound the same for other fixes. And are you enjoying Durarara?

Dalonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    And are you enjoying Durarara?
    Yeah, I just finished it! ^_^

I'll do what you said tomorrow and see how it goes but it will take a while to redownload since I have snail-net

Dalonia
    Ok, so I downloaded and installed the game just like it said, pasted the crack file and the english patches and when I open it it opens fine, but after the "press any key" screen it crashes and it says that "www.otomedream.com has encountered a problem and needs to close, check online for solution and close or close" I reinstalled and it did the same, are you sure the patch is working? For starters I don't even know if the updater worked or not... Do you have a link just for the crack files and update from the other versions (the ones that you have to copy and replace files)?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, did you check out my link above? (Which has the Version 1.10 patch, and the crack for V 1.10).

English patches of games are usually found in the "Game Spot" section. Here is a link to an online folder with all of the files required for the English patch. You'll need to download the files individually:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?4c8ap0v3cha5e

And in the "Download Central" in the "Games" section, here's where I found posts for DMMd:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...rder-dmmd.html

I used the post from anikei, which had that MEGA Link. Just right-click on the files you want and select 'download'.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Problem opening the game

I put my computer on the Japanese regions, copied all the patches and when I try to open the game a black windowss apears then closes after a few secs. I got no error messages. What should I do ?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast