aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

EpiqueSauce

No subs from Horrible Subs

I was planning on watching a yaoi I had downloaded from Horrible Subs, and not sure if you're aware, but they normally do DVD rips in an MKV format what's strange and somewhat humorous is that they're called Horrible Subs and they don't provide an subtitles....bummer. I did some looking and downloaded VobSub and I don't know how to use it? I looked up a tutorial but it's mentioning a txt file with subtitles ((what?)) anyway, has anyone had this problem, and would care to help?

Thanks in advance <3

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Sasuke (L12)Naruto (Kyuubi) (L10)
    Griffith (L1)Star 1 (Silver)Guts (L1)
    Adachi (L4)Heart 4 (Rainbow)Kurosawa (L4)

Are the subtitles activated? The thing with the mkv format is one can choose to activate/deactivate the subtitles. What program do you use to watch mkv videos? I use VLC so I can tell you how to check about subs on this certain program. On the upper part of the window, click on the option video -> subtitles -> then you'll see the options open file -> with this option you can upload subtitles, the second option under it is to deactivate/turn off the subtitles and then under it, the subtitles should appear if the said video has subtitles. For the subtitles to appear the option of the subtitles should be checked (a blue dot should appear next to it).Than way you can check if the mkv file that you have has subtitles and if they are activated.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1(S041) Izumi

1- When you're playing a mkv file (you didn't mention your player's name btw) a green arrow will appear on your taskbar. See the image:

You can choose the preferred subtitle from there.

2-Uninstall all the codec related things (including vobsub) in your system and install this pack:

Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 9.2.0 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.2.0 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.2.0 BASIC

It comes with a player called "Media Player Classic" and it opens everything with the right codecs.

Alternatively, you can use vlc media player as darkfaith suggested at the previous post.