aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gintoki (L7)Aomine Daiki (L1)Kanji P4 (L1)
    Seijuurou Mikoshiba (L8)Jousuke (L2)Zoro (L7)
    (S074) Akihiko KajiKeisuke TnC (L1)Kaname Sengoku (L8)

(WinXP/2000 Users Wanted!) AlphaROM Copy Protection and BL Games

TLDR People using newer versions of Windows need cracked .exe files to play certain games. However, it appears the program used to create these files only works on older versions of Windows. Can a Japanese reader or someone with Windows XP/2000 please confirm this?

---

I've recently upgraded to Windows 7 64x Premium Home Edition and during the process of installing certain games I've encountered a few problems. Any game using Settec's AlphaROM Copy Protection will install normally but attempting to run the game.exe results in a "loader couldn't initialize service!" error. A short list found of affected BL games can be found (here), but this problems applies even to non-VNs.

I've tried
    1) Running the game with administrator's privileges.
    2) Running the game in every single compatibility mode.
    3) Turning User Account Control Off.
    4) Enabling Test Mode with DSEO.
    5) Enabling Unsigned Drivers in Advanced Boot Options.
    6) Opening up the disc (or setup file with IZArc) and attempting to play the game without installing it.
    7) Playing a game installed from an actual retail CoX-BaX disc. (!!!)
    8) Installing all official updates if possible.

After a little research it seems the problem lies in AlphaROM using unreadable sectors in the game.exe files to stop people from burning the disc, unintentionally causing them to become completely unplayable in later versions of Windows. After more poking around through I've discovered that tools exist to remove AlphaROM and create "cracked" files. However, the oldest version of the program yielded no results while the rest of them won't even start. Looking through the readmes it seems these are only confirmed to work in Windows XP/2000 (which kind of makes sense). They do seem legit, as I've gotten the straight VN Muv Luv to work by simply replacing the installed .exe with one circulating on the internet.

It's pretty much a dead end for creating cracks on my own though, so if any Japanese readers/old Windows users could confirm this information I'd really appreciate it. I have such a headache from not being able to play a game that I own a physical copy of.

AlphaROM No Disk Patch
    Index of /patches

ProtectionID (scans .exe files for copy protection)
    PROTECTiON iD [public]

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yamamoto (L1)Ludger Will Kresnik (L4)Nozaki Umetarou (L7)
    Akihito Kuze (L5)Shiba Tatsuya (L5)Hiroshi (L6)
    Has the game been solved now?