aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Rai (L7)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Axel (L10)Tyki (L6)Alois (L6)
    Rayflo (L8)Konoe (L2)Asato (L9)

Lamento Installation: Game application giving you an error message

A lot of people are having a hard time installing Lamento: Beyond the Void. I'm no tech guru, far from it, but last night my game was acting up to the point where I had to reinstall it......several times. I figured out how to install it to work perfectly for me.

My Specs
    - Windows 7
    - Downloaded from Firestorm 717: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...the-void~.html

! The Issue !
    The application wasn't running and get giving me a Japanese error message.
    The same will happen to the shortcut. When you try to run the game from the ROM, nothing happens.

How I installed the game to fix this problem
    Use the download link above for installation help if my steps don't make sense

1. Set computer to Japanese before you install ANYTHING (see BL game F.A.Q. thread for instructions)

2. Download the torrent by Firestorm717: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...the-void~.html

3. Extracted files should look like this:
    38ec479d5b3f3279ec1a6ea18f687ff3_by_enjoipandas-d97csja.png

4. Download Daemon Tools Lite (free, if it's asking for a code then you didn't select the free version.) Almost all the features on Daemon Tools Lite need to be paid for but don't be alarmed. You can do this using the "quick mount" at the bottom.

5. HERE'S WHERE I HAD THE PROBLEM! The installation tutorial I used said you must mount boot.ISO before LAMENTO_DVD.ISO but that wasn't working for me. "Quick Mount" LAMENTO_DVD.ISO first and then "Quick Mount" boot.ISO.
    76b0e9abd2370142754b5099be92f9a4_by_enjoipandas-d97csix.png6. IGNORE LAMENTO_DVD.MDS, don't mount it!

7. When you used quick mount, pop ups should have come up for both boot.iso and lamento_dvd.iso. Close boot.iso, you don't need to do anything with it. Yes, it's empty, that's how it's supposed to look. However, you need to Run LAMENTO_DVD.ISO when prompted.

8. When the Lamento floater pops up, there should be an "Install Game" option. Click that and continue to click next through the Japanese installation wizard. When prompted for a serial number, open the notepad file that was included in the torrent download and enter that. Then continue with the installation.

9. Make sure to now run LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102 from the torrent download now. They'll be in Japanese and will both download quick and easy (you may be confused if they ran but you're fine)

The game should run just fine now! If you close the game then it will say that Lamento stopped working but it's fine. You wont lose any data or CGs, it's just a side effect of the cracked game. This is what my Lamento folder looks like WITH the English patches:
    740a03506464f5ecd7f4a1d6b3a58f40_by_enjoipandas-d97csj5.png

* Download English patch here *
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...h-release.html

I hope this helps in some way! Again, I wont be able to trouble shoot since I don't know what caused the problem but this method worked for me.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

text issues?

I've looked through the common problems folder, but I didn't see anything on this. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes. I've had the game working for a few days, but today I stated having issues loading things. It'll work fine, but when I get to a new scene the text turns to Japanese and it won't turn back. It's happened on two save files after I tried to use the skip function on one.
    I've found this happens once the scene changes after i loaded. It didn't do this yesterday and I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet
    Last edited by Sesshisuna; 08-28-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshisuna View Post
    I've looked through the common problems folder, but I didn't see anything on this. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes. I've had the game working for a few days, but today I stated having issues loading things. It'll work fine, but when I get to a new scene the text turns to Japanese and it won't turn back. It's happened on two save files after I tried to use the skip function on one.
    I've found this happens once the scene changes after i loaded. It didn't do this yesterday and I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet
    I've seen this happen with other VN's. Basically, the save file has the English scene loaded, but when it transitions to the new scene, it loads the Japanese one.

This can happen because the English patch either isn't a full one; the English Patch got corrupt somehow and the game is falling back on it's original scripts; or the game is having problems reading files from the folder it was installed to.

In any of those instances, it's a good idea to check to make sure the English patch was installed correctly, verify the file-size and if the file hasn't had any weird attributes set on it (Read-only), and make sure the game is installed in a folder where it can save/read files easily (IE, not the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\)

So, yeah. Where did you download the English patch from, what folder did you install the game into, and would you be able to produce a screenshot of said folder's files? ^_^;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(first time posting here please bare with me lol;;

So I'm following the instructions as strictly as I can (also running windows 7, JP lowcal), and I keep getting a 1503 error. I've tried installing the game on the c drive directly, I've uninstalled and gone through these directions 3 times now, I've tried tried re-mounting the boost after applying the patches, and no matter what I get the 1503 error.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by LovelessKia View Post
    (first time posting here please bare with me lol;;

So I'm following the instructions as strictly as I can (also running windows 7, JP lowcal), and I keep getting a 1503 error. I've tried installing the game on the c drive directly, I've uninstalled and gone through these directions 3 times now, I've tried tried re-mounting the boost after applying the patches, and no matter what I get the 1503 error.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    AFAIK, the "Error 1503" is basically the game telling you it can't find the original game disc in the DVD tray.

Once you're done applying the LmtDVDVer103 patch, head back to the folder with all the downloads for Lamento, and look for the EXE that's about 700kb. Paste that into your Lamento install folder and try again.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I did that and still no good...Same 1503 error...I may just have to give up for now or try an entirely different method or download... ;v;

Thank you for the help though~

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Well, that does bring a good question to mind.

Where did you download the ISO and LmtDVDVerXXX patches from?

But, I'm sorry that didn't work out. x.x;

The game should work on Windows 7 with a Japanese System Locale (Not language), as that's what I have.

But, then again, there are many factors that could make it not work. Computer's are fickle, and lots could cause problems. Like Anti-virus/anti-spyware programs, wrong video codecs, fonts not being installed, wrong DirectX drivers, etc.

You could always post a screenshot of the install folder where Lamento installed to.

Try comparing yours to mine:
    lamento_eng_install.jpg

Note the filesize on the blue one. I also have the full CG English patch on mine, though, so the "cg-patch.npa" and "nss-patch.npa" files won't be there on a normal install. "voice1.npa" is part of the LmtDVDVer103 patch.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L6)Levi SnK (L8)Aoba (L2)
    Mink (L4)Flower 1 (Pink)Noiz (L6)
    Clear (L9)(S040) Ryouma(S041) Izumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Well, that does bring a good question to mind.

Where did you download the ISO and LmtDVDVerXXX patches from?

But, I'm sorry that didn't work out. x.x;

The game should work on Windows 7 with a Japanese System Locale (Not language), as that's what I have.

But, then again, there are many factors that could make it not work. Computer's are fickle, and lots could cause problems. Like Anti-virus/anti-spyware programs, wrong video codecs, fonts not being installed, wrong DirectX drivers, etc.

You could always post a screenshot of the install folder where Lamento installed to.

Try comparing yours to mine:
    lamento_eng_install.jpg

Note the filesize on the blue one. I also have the full CG English patch on mine, though, so the "cg-patch.npa" and "nss-patch.npa" files won't be there on a normal install. "voice1.npa" is part of the LmtDVDVer103 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelessKia View Post
    I did that and still no good...Same 1503 error...I may just have to give up for now or try an entirely different method or download... ;v;

Thank you for the help though~
    I had the same problem and here was my solution: because the installer installed a shortcut on my desktop I right-clicked the Lamento shortcut icon and selected "open file location" and inside the installation folder I went ahead and right clicked the .exe to "run as administrator". It got it to run Also I would highly recommend, if you are running windows 10, to down-grade back to whatever version you were using before your upgrade. Windows 10 is too unstable and there are not a lot of fixes/updates for this OS.

Now for my problem, Game runs absolutely fine, until I look at the configuration settings. For the product information box, I haveinvalid invalid.
    lamento_config_invalid.jpgAt the advice of my friend I tried to close it out, it would just restart all over again like I just opened it, so I have to force quit it. I opened it back up and tried to play it anyway, once again at the advice of my friend. All text says invalid, and when the closer, I guess that's what it is, played everything said invalid.
    lamento_gameplay.jpglamento_gameplay2.jpg
    I got the patch and game information from all the threads here on Aarinfantasy. I'm running Windows7 64-Bit. I'm using the new daemon tools light to mount my images and I put everything in the correct folder, so I'm really stumped.
    lamento_files.jpg
    My friend has successful installed Lamento on all versions of Windows from XP to 8 that's why I rely on her input. I looked at 3 install threads to get this far so I'm slightly irritated that I'm missing something here XD Help please!
    Last edited by moonlight_angel_baby; 09-01-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: It's not real if there is no image

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_angel_baby View Post
    Now for my problem, Game runs absolutely fine, until I look at the configuration settings. For the product information box, I haveinvalid invalid.
    lamento_config_invalid.jpgAt the advice of my friend I tried to close it out, it would just restart all over again like I just opened it, so I have to force quit it. I opened it back up and tried to play it anyway, once again at the advice of my friend. All text says invalid, and when the closer, I guess that's what it is, played everything said invalid.
    lamento_gameplay.jpglamento_gameplay2.jpg
    I got the patch and game information from all the threads here on Aarinfantasy. I'm running Windows7 64-Bit. I'm using the new daemon tools light to mount my images and I put everything in the correct folder, so I'm really stumped.
    lamento_files.jpg
    My friend has successful installed Lamento on all versions of Windows from XP to 8 that's why I rely on her input. I looked at 3 install threads to get this far so I'm slightly irritated that I'm missing something here XD Help please!

OK~! Hello moonlight_angel_baby!

Here are a few things for you:

First, uninstall the game. It's currently installed in the default install location in C:\Program Files (x86)\, and because the game is older, it will save it's gamesaves in the same folder it was installed to. Windows HATES programs that do this. It's an antivirus/antimalware preventative. So your best bet is to create a new folder on drive C:, like C:\Games\ Then reinstall it there. The game will also have less problems reading the English Patch (which has been noted to happen if the game was installed in the default location).

Don't forget to run ONLY the LmtDVDVer103.exe update patch. Anything higher and the English patch won't work. (If you bought a physical copy of the game, the game might be too new so you may have to download an older ISO)

Now, the invalid -might- be because you put ALL of the English patch files there. The game won't work correctly with all of them. Lastly, they need to be renamed to function properly. ^^

You can only have ONE of the CG patches installed at a time, otherwise they'll conflict each other. So, feel free to choose between ONE of the two, and delete/remove the other.

"cg-fullpatch.npa" -- The Menu system graphics AND Ero scenes will be uncensored.
    "cg-buttonspatch.npa" -- ONLY the Menu system graphics have been translated to English. So if you don't like looking at genitalia outright, this is the patch for you.

Once you've chosen the file you want, you will need to rename it. It needs to be: "cg-patch.npa"

And afterwards all that's left is to rename the actual English script file from "nss-fullpatch.npa" to "nss-patch.npa".

Lastly, you could benefit from the NoDVD EXE. You can find it in this page: Index of /patches

Extract it and place it in the same folder as Lamento was installed. It's fine to overwrite. This way you won't need the DVD each time you want to play the game. Also, some people have commented that this EXE even lets the game run in Windows 10, so why not?

Good luck! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L6)Levi SnK (L8)Aoba (L2)
    Mink (L4)Flower 1 (Pink)Noiz (L6)
    Clear (L9)(S040) Ryouma(S041) Izumi
    Ok! Thank you for responding so quickly!~

Ah! I will try these, I thought that since I had different permissions for my drive and folder I wouldn't have to worry about the write to drive/save issue, I'll move it to my other drive then

Umm there is a LmtDVDVer103.exe patch file? I've only seen/have LmtDVDVer101.exe, LmtDVDVer102.exe, and LmtDVDVer202.exe. I even have LmtCDVer200.exe, read on one of the threads to make sure you have this one not the DVD one . I'll go look for this one as well then and only run that.

Ah, I didn't realize that they were the same patch for two different things, I must have read that wrong, thank you for clarifying that for me. Also thank you for telling me to rename the files, I was wondering this but none of the installation threads explicitly said to do that.

I'm a simple person and you have to tell me that you must do "A A.a A.b A.c then B C and D" XD
    Once again thank you very much and I'll report back with my results

----

Update 09/02/15 22:15
    After many uninstalls and reinstalls (7/6) it finally worked! I had to change up the order of some of the steps, change my location twice, run CCleaner 3 times and restart my computer once but worked! Thank you so much in helping me!
    Last edited by moonlight_angel_baby; 09-02-2015 at 09:17 PM. Reason: update

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast