aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Need help with installation of Laughter Land

I already downloaded all the files three times (that's how much I want to play the game) but I cannot get it to even start @___@

So I downloaded all the files uploaded by Lobagris in this thread https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/...ml#post4418276 and set the language on my computer to Japanese. I mounted the first IMG file, installed its content, then mounted the second one, installed that as well. So far everything is well. But afterwards I don't know what to do... I moved the steam_api file into the directory where all the content for the game was installed, I tried to open the laughter.exe file through the alpharom file that comes with the package but nothing works. Whenever I try to open the game by clicking on laughter.exe nothing happens at all. Perhaps there is just something very simple that I am doing wrong... btw, I have Windows 10 and the directory for the installed files can be found under C:/Programs(x86)/Will/Laughter Land

Any help here would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Unfortunately Laughter Land doesn't work in Windows 10, period. It's one of the few games that can't transition over. It's entirely due to the anti-theft security system they have in place in the EXE. The game encounters an internal error, and just closes itself before doing anything.

I've had a look at extracted files for the game, and if someone has the time to figure out what their bytecode functions do in the scripts, someone might be able to re-code the game in another Visual Novel engine, like Ren'py. (I was trying Luca Script format, myself. Kinda fun to try!)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Unfortunately Laughter Land doesn't work in Windows 10, period. It's one of the few games that can't transition over. It's entirely due to the anti-theft security system they have in place in the EXE. The game encounters an internal error, and just closes itself before doing anything.

I've had a look at extracted files for the game, and if someone has the time to figure out what their bytecode functions do in the scripts, someone might be able to re-code the game in another Visual Novel engine, like Ren'py. (I was trying Luca Script format, myself. Kinda fun to try!)
    So even if we do compatibility, it won't work on windows 10?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineJustice View Post
    So even if we do compatibility, it won't work on windows 10?
    In case anyone else reads this, there's a Version 1.02 patch which fixes this issue.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    In case anyone else reads this, there's a Version 1.02 patch which fixes this issue.
    where to find it?