aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yaoi Addict

Savings

Annie SnK (L7)Hange SnK (L7)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Ryūko (L8)Spacer 1Satsuki KLK (L9)
    (S076) SilverAsh(S054) Prompto Argentum(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    @Koga, the image of the blond guy is supposed to appear, followed by a set of warnings (I think) in Japanese, before opening up the game's main menu. What does it do after the guy appears?

@, I don't use XP, but there should be an option in the control panel to "Change the System Locale" to Japanese. As TnC isn't in unicode, another encoding is to be used, and this is set in the control panel. If you can read Japanese text on your computer, you should have it available. Otherwise, look for a language pack: the Microsoft website should have it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Barnaby (L2)Yuri (L2)
    Ivan (L2)Antonio (L4)Nathan (L2)
    (S044) Shirotani TadaomiKarina (L2)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaemonDragon View Post
    @Koga, the image of the blond guy is supposed to appear, followed by a set of warnings (I think) in Japanese, before opening up the game's main menu. What does it do after the guy appears?

okakuneko, I don't use XP, but there should be an option in the control panel to "Change the System Locale" to Japanese. As TnC isn't in unicode, another encoding is to be used, and this is set in the control panel. If you can read Japanese text on your computer, you should have it available. Otherwise, look for a language pack: the Microsoft website should have it.
    I actually have the same problem as Koga. What happens (for me) after the blond guy appears is that he disappears and no warnings or main menu shows up. The program seems to close and when I open Windows Task Manager I can't find the program. I opened it up and looked at Task Manager at the same time and I saw the process for it but it quickly disappeared. I restarted my computer and tried opening the program again and the same thing happened. I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and still nothing worked. I'm on the verge of giving up. Is there any help or advice you can offer me and Koga?

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Arrrgh, I had that problem before, and I can't remember what I did to solve it. I think I changed my system locale.

Have you two done 'the usual' when trying to get BL games to work? (changing system locale to Japanese, run as admin, installing language pack on certain operating systems)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonDragon View Post
    Arrrgh, I had that problem before, and I can't remember what I did to solve it. I think I changed my system locale.

Have you two done 'the usual' when trying to get BL games to work? (changing system locale to Japanese, run as admin, installing language pack on certain operating systems)
    Yes, my system locale is set to "Japanese (Japan)" and I am running as an admin. As for installing a language pack, I'm looking at the guide to installing languages now and trying to use the link you gave to the site to download the Japanese language pack but for some reason it is taking a long time to load. And then when it does I have a "503 service temporarily unavailable" message. I'm going to try to track down another link, but do you know somewhere else where I could download the language pack?

Yaoi Addict

Savings

What operating system are you using? If you're on Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate (not sure about others), you will not need to download a language pack. Also, are you having trouble running the game before or after an English translation patch?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I can't get the gave to run so I have not installed the English translation patch. I tried installing the patch the first time, but it still wouldn't work.
    Last edited by Unlucky Music; 12-26-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

That's odd, Professional doesn't need a language pack, from memory. I'm trying to remember, I'm sure I had the same problem. I think I fixed it by installing up-to-date DirectX. There's something on the Kill The King site troubleshooting, however, the disc emulation stuff seems out of date. The version of TnC I have either has no copy protection, OR the Daemon Tools version I have (most recent) cracks it without ticking boxes.

I also run TnC oddly, I think I installed it in program files but moved the program files onto a portable hard drive. Then, I had to reformat my comp (i.e. erase EVERYTHING on my hard disc) because it was having a hissy fit. I ran the copypasted TnC files from the portable, and they worked straight from the drive, patch and all. This was, of course, after 'the usual' setting tweaking and Daemon Tools. Maybe I can upload my own files of TnC and see if they work for you.

For those curious, here's what everything looks like...
    schwerp.jpg
    Last edited by DaemonDragon; 12-26-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm using DirectX version 11. I'm using Damon Tools lite so my advanced options look different than yours and I can't check SafeDisk.

I got my copy of TnC from another website but I checked it with Togainu no Chi - Kill the King and the same files were in there as what should be in the files for any copy found on this site (togainu.CCD, togainu.cue, togainu.img, togainu.sub.). I have "check for updates" checked for Damon Tools, and I downloaded it over six months ago.

If you can get a copy of your files and upload them I will see if yours works. I feel bad for putting you through all this trouble helping me and Koga, but thank you for your help. I also going to check out the site for Kill The King. Later on today I'll download some of the game files here and see if it is the files I have are the problem.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Also looking at your image file I think something may be wrong with my files. I don't have any folders in my folder for the game, even a SAVE folder. If something was wrong with the installation, why would I still get the blond haired guy screen? It just doesn't make any sense. >_<

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Oh, the SAVE folder generates itself when the game successfully puts you in the main menu, and the other one contains backup files and patch contents, don't worry about those. I'm also using Lite, and I didn't need to check anything in Preferences. Now, to wait for my uberslow net to upload the files...

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Here you go. Extract wherever you like and run togainunochi.exe.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to see if this works. I'll let you know what happens later on today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast