aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka29 View Post
    All my screenshots are taken with Togainu no Chi on Windows 10, running on Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, with Administrator rights, installed on a custom folder (not default). UsingNO-CD patch.

I have completed Keisuke (Good/Bad), Motomi and Rin routes, currently playing Shiki's.

That hanging thing is normal. It happens to me as well and there is no permanent solution for that not to happen. From my experimentation hanging happens when you have a dialog box to go through during save/load (it's the confirmation screen like this one). It also happens sometimes when messing with "Configuration" dialog boxes.

Fig. 1. The inevitable dialog boxes that cause the hanging. It's a prompt of "you sure you want to overwrite/load this file". Nope, you can't remove this stuff, it's quite important.

Btw, you should disable "Edit save file descriptions", I think it's been known to disable the temporary fix for the hang. And it also adds another of those hang inducing dialog box. Also, may make the game crazy as usually, it will use English alphabet in descriptions instead of kana.

Fig. 2. The Configuration box. Look at the bottommost option. Disable (uncheck) it. Then try saving on an empty slot; it will not hang at all.

This is what I do to remove the hang: When it hangs, you go to the task bar, right click on the Togainu no Chi icon, then left click on Close Window. Don't worry, it won't automatically close the Togainu no Chi window.

Fig. 3. Look at the left hand side where the task bar is, along with the Togainu no Chi icon. Those are the right click options.

After clicking on "Close Window", a prompt will appear (See Fig. 4). It's the game prompting you whether you really want to close the game. Pick "No". The game should unhang and you can play normally again. Until you encounter the dialog box again when overwriting save file or loading.

Fig. 4. The window that pops up when you click "Close Window" pointing the "No" choice.

Hello!

I tried that you wrote there. I disabled "Edit save file descriptions" (tick is out). I finally could save an empty slot (it's very hard, because the dialog box is always there). But I couldn't do the "Close Window, pick "No" solution when I tried to load a saved file, totally freeze the whole thing (blue circle around "No")

That was the last hope for me...
    Try editing your shortcut to Run as Administrator and Compatibility Settings at Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Where did you install Togainu? On the default C:/Program Files folder? If possible, uninstall it and install it on a directory NOT the default installation.

You still won't be able to load as there is still a dialog box appearing after selecting to load.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried Run as Administrator, but nothing changed. And I have Windows 8.

I installed TnC on Drive H, an actual harddrive. I asked Kojichan to take a look at my TnC folder and she said I'd perfectly installed the game, so she doesn't understand what's the problem.

I also installed
    Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2015-10-18 (32 bit) to see the OP video (now I can't see with that).

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I tried Run as Administrator, but nothing changed. And I have Windows 8.

I installed TnC on Drive H, an actual harddrive. I asked Kojichan to take a look at my TnC folder and she said I'd perfectly installed the game, so she doesn't understand what's the problem.

I also installed
    Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2015-10-18 (32 bit) to see the OP video (now I can't see with that).
    But, can you play through the game even with the problem?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I can play if I never open the Config window, or try to save or to load a saved one. In order to do that I'd have to awake for weeks at a time to play through the whole game. It's impossible, right?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Asuka29... Do you have Skype? Would you be interested in seeing if we can identify your problem and possibly getting it fixed with Skype Screen Sharing...?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I don't have Skype. Had it, but because of some idiots who always harassed and threated me, removed from my computer. And I think it's dangerous...
    According to my younger sister (by the way she isn't adept at in this theme) the problem is the operating system. I don't understand... The DMMd and Lamento (lately it had some problems, like freeze when I saved, but not always) went more or less smoothly. If I really installed it well, why only me have problems with it and can't solved with solutions which worked in anyone else's case? And there's no guarantee, that we'll fix it. Maybe it worth a try...
    Last edited by Asuka29; 10-12-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I don't have Skype. Had it, but because of some idiots who always harassed and threated me, removed from my computer. And I think it's dangerous...
    According to my younger sister (by the way she isn't adept at in this theme) the problem is the operating system. I don't understand... The DMMd and Lamento (lately it had some problems, like freeze when I saved, but not always) went more or less smoothly. If I really installed it well, why only me have problems with it and can't solved with solutions which worked in anyone else's case? And there's no guarantee, that we'll fix it. Maybe it worth a try...
    There is a website that allows remote host control of a PC, as well as enabling a look on someone's PC... I forgot what website is that D:

Well, about Skype, you can try using another account, and not adding anyone you don't know on your chat list or something.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Join.me is another option.

There's also the program TeamViewer.

This is really puzzling.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

(S051) Luciel (S056) Yashiro(S055) Doumeki
    Hello, I also have the same problem as Asuka29. Every time I try to save\load the game will freeze and will take forever before it closes down. I followed the steps of downloading Togainu no chi from here, but I don't know if I did it correctly because this happens every single time.Help
    (Oh, I have windows 10 )
    Last edited by Ankiven; 11-04-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiven View Post
    Hello, I also have the same problem as Asuka29. Every time I try to save\load the game will freeze and will take forever before it closes down. I followed the steps of downloading Togainu no chi from here, but I don't know if I did it correctly because this happens every single time.Help
    (Oh, I have windows 10 )
    Hello Ankiven!

Welcome to AarinFantsasy! ^^ First off, you should always make sure that you DO NOT install Togainu no Chi in the default location. When you install the game, please choose a different folder, like C:\Games\ for example.

Second of all, make sure the "Edit save file descriptions" checkbox is UN-CHECKED.

Also a good idea is to right-click on the EXE for Togainu no Chi, select "Properties", and in the tab marked "Compatibility" check off the checkbox that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and the checkbox at the bottom that says, "Run this program as an administrator".

And lastly, you'll have to live with the loading "hang" glitch, but you can get around it by right-clicking on the task-bar for the game, and select "Close window". Togainu no Chi will then ask if you want to close the game, so select "NO".

The game -should- let you continue normally, now. This is an issue with Togainu no Chi running in Windows 8/10. Sorry, it's unavoidable!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast