aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi!

I've tried installing the NoCD, putting it in a separate file, installing and reinstalling the game, changing my locale, using Daemon Tools, using Red Fox, extracting the .Rar file, mounting the ISO...almost everything, and all I get when I try to open TnC is this box:
    Screenshot (29).jpg
    Please, help. I've been fighting this for four days and have no idea what to do.
    I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks,
    Nikki

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    (* Haha! I recognize one of my posts under your screenshot... XD *)

Actually, from your screenshot, it looks like the EXE is by itself. It needs to be in the same folder as the rest of the game. ^^ In the folder that looks like this, once it's all installed:

togainu_no_chi_files.png

The "togainunochi.exe" NoCD file overwrites the original in the game's folder.

Here's a step-by-step guide that you can follow, if you have all the files available!

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4390495

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, Kojichan,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I immensely appreciate it.
    I followed each of your instructions as closely as I could.
    I had already installed Togainu no Chi before I posted. Perhaps I did something wrong in installing (I suspect putting it into the wrong file). I tried to uninstall it so I could reinstall it, but when I tried to uninstall, I was met with a Catastrophic Failure message.
    I moved on, following the remaining instructions as best I could, and I received a similar message:
    Screenshot (32).jpg
    I tried copying the files from the mounted Togainu into the installation folder (as seen in the image), and that didn't help.

Again, I really appreciate your help with this. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I hope we can figure it out.
    ~Nikki
    Last edited by NikkiHasselhoff; 03-20-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

It's my pleasure! ^^ I love helping out.

Now, you say you "Installed" the game, however all I'm seeing are the files taken directly from the disk and put onto your computer.

You need to literally go through the installation process. ^_^ When the ISO is mounted to your computer, you need to run the Install program first. Hmm, let me see if I can find a video of this... Nope... Nothing that'll help. x_X;;; They're all outdated.

If you followed my guide, you should have all the installation files required...

With the ISO mounted, you may encounter the "Autorun". If so, auto run it. Otherwise, you will need to view the files on the CD, and click on "Install"...

tnc_iso_start.jpg

The rest is an installation wizard. Look for the text "次へ(n)>". Keep that going, and it should go through the process!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, Kojichan!

I bring glad tidings! It turns out the problem was that I installed the game into the wrong folder. When I tried to uninstall it, if gave me a catastrophic error. I ended up installing another program called IObit to hard-uninstall both TnC and Virtual Clonedrive. I then meticulously followed your steps and was met with the sweet music of success.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me and to write such a thorough guide for installing the game. The struggle will make another playthrough of this wonderful work more than worthwhile.

Bless you, thank you, gladly and sincerely,
    ~Nikki

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Oh, I see!

I had a similar error when I accidentally installed TnC without setting my System Unicode Locale to Japanese. XD The install folder had a bunch of garbage looking characters, and the uninstall didn't work, either! I removed it all manually by hand, myself.

I'm glad you got it working, though. ^_^ I also hope that you don't encounter the epicly-long loading bug!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I did not! The game works beautifully, and I'm helping a friend to install it, too! Thank you so much for your help~.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry to bug you again, but I was playing through and found the loading error you mentioned.
    When I load a save file, the game does not proceed in the text. It does not save, either. Instead, the game freezes as if it's loading, but nothing else happens. I have to use Task Manager to close the program.
    I can save the game if I start from the beginning, but I can't proceed from a save file.

Any advice?
    Thanks,
    ~Nikki

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S095) Towa(S066) Takato Saijou(S067) Azumaya Junta
    (S045) NoizKoujaku (L6)Rai Lamento (L9)
    Sephiroth (L6)MakkachinChigusa Senroh (L5)
    Had the same problem, sadly I wasn't able to solve it. Other than that the game works fine so I just played without turning off my computer and was able to complete all routes

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yeah. It's a bug, playing this old Windows XP game in Windows 8/10. Some people can wait it out, and the game starts again.

Sometimes, if you "pretend" to close it by right-clicking on it in the task bar, and selecting "close", the game will wake up.

Other times, people switch out of the game, go do something else (like watch a video, or check email, just as long as TnC was minimized), then come back and it works.

I've yet to figure out why it works for me without that loading bug, but I'm attributing it to the fact that I have a bunch of programming tools and libraries on my computer that TnC can play nicely with.

Oh, and don't forget to turn off the "Save description" option in the options. Maybe that might help.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast