aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Subaru Sumeragi (L3)Subaru (L2)Seishirou (L2)
    Gilgamesh (L5)Archer (L6)Akira Takanashi (L7)
    Kuroko (L1)Aomine Daiki (L1)Midoriya Izuku (L3)
    hello, im so sorry i never got back my main computer crash and then i got busy with school and work. So I tried to install TNC on my Windows 7 computer and it seem to install with no problem but now when i try and open the game i get this
    20181007_053520.jpg
    I tried to open it with applocale, via admin and my computer us change to japanese locale and this still keeps popping up...I'm not sute what im doing wrong

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So I came upon this thread after installing TNC on my win10 laptop and problems were abound, first was the default installation directory, which was fixed easily enough. The second issue was the saving/loading issue, I tried all the shamanic methods detailed in this thread to no great success. I am now running TNC on my linux desktop happily! So I will now give my opinion on the tips that worked (on windows or on linux on both).
    Changing the default installation directory and applying the english patch makes the in-game options menu english whereas before only the in-game text was english, this affected both linux and windows! It also allows additional files to be installed by the engpatch, I recommend this. Changing compatibility mode did nothing for me. Right-clicking the preview window froze the menu and did nothing. Only gripe I have with running it in linux is the text output isn't smooth like on windows but comes in block by block, not a big price to pay for actually playing the game.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello. Whenever I try to download this game, I get an error message saying that it is not in the correct directory or does not have the right file name. I tried uninstalling the game, but it does not work and gives me an error message in Japanese (and I cannot read Japanese). I'm not really sure what to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ShoopDaBug

Sticky suggestion

Would it be possible to make a sticky thread in the main Game Tech Center, to summarize all the solutions found in this thread? I see there are lots of people who experience problems with this game. It would be useful to have a sort of troubleshooting guide as a permanent thread.

As far as I see, there are some things that must be done to avoid almost any problem with the game:

1) Change system locale to Japanese (always required before installing)

2) Don't install game on C:/Program Files

3) Disable antivirus while installing and playing (I've experienced this with AVG, which blocks the .exe, so the game won't launch at all)

4) Always play the game with the ISO mounted on Daemon Tools, or use the No-CD patch for newer systems

5) For users of Win 10, follow the instructions in this thread to fix the freezing while loading/saving game.

What I haven't found yet, is a solution for the intro video not playing or freezing (other than deleting the mpeg.pak file). I'm playing in Win XP and it just skips the video entirely. Installing the CCCP or K-Lite codecs didn't help either.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Has anyone tried to do a portable version? Maybe this will solve the problem with system compatibility and freezing?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S045) NoizAoba (L2)Sebastian (L6)
    Ciel (L5)Kageyama Tobio (L8)(S070) Keiichi Naruse
    (S027) Usami AkihikoNano (L9)Akira TnC (L1)
    To be honest I got really tired of the compatibility issues (like freezing and stuff) and ended up just installing a virtual machine running windows xp and installed the game there. I had no issues again lol

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

did the same lol (btw portable doesn't resolve the problem)
    all hail virtual machines!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415