aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiven View Post
    Hello, I also have the same problem as Asuka29. Every time I try to save\load the game will freeze and will take forever before it closes down. I followed the steps of downloading Togainu no chi from here, but I don't know if I did it correctly because this happens every single time.Help
    (Oh, I have windows 10 )
    Just follow what Koji-chan said.

I have Windows 10 Home Edition and finished every route in Togainu no Chi, running it as ADMINISTRATOR and COMPATIBILITY MODE WINDOWS XP SP3, with the TOGAINU NO CD PATCH.

It works, but you just have to live with the hanging save file, which can be circumvented anyway.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

(S051) Luciel (S056) Yashiro(S055) Doumeki
    Well I didn't install toganui no chi in the default location but I am going to run the compatibility. Thank you

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(S006) Klaus(S004) TakiDS_001_right
    DS_001_leftNozomi Koga (L4)Tatsuyuki Ooyamato (L4)
    Makoto Tachibana (L10)Ishida Uryuu (L8)Dante (L9)
    I'm currently playing TnC on Win10 with recommended properties. Yeah, hanging can be annoying, but I can live with it since the gameplay itself works without any problems

If the game decides to start hanging at some point and refuses continue normally after "r-click the icon -> close -> no" trick, I just simply force close the game and start it again. No big deal. Usually my the game starts to hang after loading the save, but then the "close -> no" trick works completely fine.

So thank you everyone who is involved in the project - translating, patching, problem solving etc. <3
    Last edited by Nuara; 11-08-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello,

I also did what Kojichan said (compatibility mode, Win XP Service Pack 2, running as administrator), but the Close window- pick NO resolusion hadn't worked at all. Completely freezed.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(S006) Klaus(S004) TakiDS_001_right
    DS_001_leftNozomi Koga (L4)Tatsuyuki Ooyamato (L4)
    Makoto Tachibana (L10)Ishida Uryuu (L8)Dante (L9)
    @Asuka29 - I'm running the game in XP SP3 mode - Not sure if that make any difference tho.
    At what point your game starts hanging? After save? Randomly in the middle of gameplay? During load?
    For me the most common point was when I tried to save, and it asked me to name the save file.
    For that problem, this helped;

Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post

Btw, you should disable "Edit save file descriptions", I think it's been known to disable the temporary fix for the hang. And it also adds another of those hang inducing dialog box. Also, may make the game crazy as usually, it will use English alphabet in descriptions instead of kana.
    Attachment 172101
    Fig. 2. The Configuration box. Look at the bottommost option. Disable (uncheck) it. Then try saving on an empty slot; it will not hang at all.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried running it in XP SP3 mode, but no difference. I tried it in Win 8, but no difference (but I was very surprised that I can see the OP video) The hang was at first when I opened the Config window during playing the game. I tried not to do anything when the dialog box is running (it's very hard, because it's always running) And it freezed when I save, and after load a saved file. In the box- Edit save file descriptions- there is no tick in it. Absoultely didn't work the Close window- pick NO resolution. I have no idea what's the problem with my computer or the game.
    Last edited by Asuka29; 11-12-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG IM SOOOOO HAPPY RN CAUSE IVE BEEN TRYING FOR days!!! AND NOW ITS WORKING U R A geniusssssss

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello...Togainu no Chi isn't working for me on Windows 10 either, and I've been digging through this thread without success so I was hoping that someone could maybe tell me what's going wrong @.@

I played Togainu no Chi ages before, but previously uninstalled it from my computer and moved all the files to a separate hard drive because that computer was running out of space. I used to be able to get it working just by moving the files back and re-installing quickly, but since upgrading to Windows 10, I've been unable to reinstall. Every time I try I get stuck because it tells me that DirectX9 (which is in the folder) isn't compatible with Windows 10. I believe I have Microsoft's recent DirectX installed which should be theoretically backwards-compatible with DirectX9, but...every time I try, it just tells me that it's not compatible again. I can't get game to install, basically...kinda regret un-installing it from my computer in those years I haven't been playing now ; w ;

I'm not too good with computers and google haven't been much help, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by halldorawang View Post
    Hello...Togainu no Chi isn't working for me on Windows 10 either, and I've been digging through this thread without success so I was hoping that someone could maybe tell me what's going wrong @.@

I played Togainu no Chi ages before, but previously uninstalled it from my computer and moved all the files to a separate hard drive because that computer was running out of space. I used to be able to get it working just by moving the files back and re-installing quickly, but since upgrading to Windows 10, I've been unable to reinstall. Every time I try I get stuck because it tells me that DirectX9 (which is in the folder) isn't compatible with Windows 10. I believe I have Microsoft's recent DirectX installed which should be theoretically backwards-compatible with DirectX9, but...every time I try, it just tells me that it's not compatible again. I can't get game to install, basically...kinda regret un-installing it from my computer in those years I haven't been playing now ; w ;

I'm not too good with computers and google haven't been much help, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
    Hello! ^_^

Windows 10 is a bit fickle with what it can and can't do. I'm currently running TnC in Windows 10, so it is totally possible.

Let's start with a few basics... The installer that comes with Togainu no Chi for DirectX 9.0c won't let you install. Instead, try this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...ils.aspx?id=35 It's a web installer for DirectX. If it tells you it's already installed, then move onto the next step! Otherwise, finish the install then continue.

Also, you'll need to make sure that your computer's System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese. After upgrading your computer's System Unicode Locale might have been reverted back to your normal system language.
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

If you'd like after you're done here, here is a step-by-step guide which goes over each step in detail.
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4390495

If after even THAT isn't working even if you followed the guide properly, please post some screenshots of any and all error messages, as well as the files for TnC both the ISO and where you "installed" the game. ^^

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Akashi (L7)Heart 1 (Blue)Kuroko (L7)
    Kuroko (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Akashi (L9)
    Lan WangJi / Lan Zhan (L6)Spacer 1(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    i'm running windows 7, and it works fine except for when i save or load. it hangs for a bit.
    Just wanted to share the work around i found when it hangs like that (cannot progress the chat, or leave the save screen, mouse does not seem to register). All i had to do was right click and try to close it. The yes no prompt comes up, and i can't hit anything because the mouse icon is the loading icon. Then i go into task manager (ctrl alt delete, open task manager) and right click the game application, selecting end task. but instead of hitting end task, i hit cancel, and then go back to the yes no prompt (there will now be a second one) and i am able to hit no (to both) and the game works again.

Hope that helps anyone.

I was originally trying to change compatibility modes, and changing run as administrator - but it would not have my loads... so i didn't feel like starting over when i discovered this workaround. seems to work each time for me now.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast